Season Ticket Prices Released

Saint_clark

..did everyone moan about the 30% reduction previously though.....

no, obviously not, but the combined increases over the last two seasons come to quite a bit more than 30% though don't they?

tbf the rise is in line with what was expected.

for a club of our size the prices in the last couple of years have been a total bargain, what with inflation and the VAT price rise i'm struggle to think what everyone expected from the club - they can't give them away!

I think this is too big an increase.....I won't renew. I can't make many evening games...

For my son and I to have a season ticket its £855.....no the club have shot themselves in the foot.

As others have said, move elsewhere in the stadium & save yourself 300 quid. Simples.

My ST's for me and 2 kids (12 & 15) have gone up from £789 to £1195 so around 50% which is obviously a blow but which I can now balance out in my head a bit by the 30% cut last season (thanks Franks Cousin). We are all Saints fans on here and obviously we will follow them whatever so can I ask for some help with my biggest dilemma. How the hell do I explain the rise to Mrs S4Prem who does all the banking and is about as interested in English football as Sepp Blatter. One obvious answer to me is to move into the chapel but as we are in the Kingsland/Northam end with atmosphere will the Northam promise not to sing songs to upset me? Any suggestions would be gratefully received. (Doing away with her is tempting but not an option)

To be re-classified from senior over 60, to adult makes renewal of same seat a 97% increase.

That's MY beef....

+ 97%.......

A more positive slant is to consider how much discount you have received before and that now you are simply paying the going rate for an adult of employable age. In other words, look at the gap as something you have saved in the past, not as something extra you have to pay in the future.

I'm 42 and my dad is 70. He has much more disposable income than me.

Age is an arbitrary and often inaccurate measure of someone's ability to pay.

Little lesson for those complaining about high prices.

Don't pay them. Prices are set by Supply and Demand. If there is no demand, then the club will reduce the prices (probably next season).

Lesson over.

Indeed. An ST is a pure luxury purchase not something the poor downtrodden masses (the mythical "working man") gets shafted over.

A more positive slant is to consider how much discount you have received before and that now you are simply paying the going rate for an adult of employable age. In other words, look at the gap as something you have saved in the past, not as something extra you have to pay in the future.

You don't have to pay it. You could just find something else to do, and may will.

Anyone been on to the Ugly Inside yet, I'm sure its in meltdown over there?

I can't face it as I'm in quite a good mood!

Think its a fairly decent proposal, though some groups have had a bigger impact than others and thats a shame. I guess though, there would always be winners and losers, the club whatever they do is never going to be that popular when asking fans to part with 100s of pounds.

I'm just jealous in reality, at least you guys can easily choose a Season Ticket or not.

Not sure why we need a new thread when there was healthy debate on the other one!!! To requote my post:

Informed sources outside of the club suggested to me that the new owners were badly advised on ticket prices when they took over. The cut in prices was too severe for the facilities etc.

When we did not gain immediate promotion it was difficult for the club to try to redress the balance.

It was always expected that promotion would bring a rebalance to charges and so it proved.

The move to 65 for concessions does not come as a great surprise. We may be leading the pack but most will follow in the next few years.

The increase was a bit more severe than I was expecting but I will be renewing. I hope the quality of football matches the prices. If so I for one will not be complaining.

I am 61 and my daughter 21. We had joint admission last season in the family section for £20 which i agree is ridiculously cheap, but our joint admission next season is £46. therefore we will only be able to go to every other match.(cannot buy season ticket because not local to the area and cant go to midweek matches) More than 100% increase is a big shock to the system!!!

Mine went up 65%!!! Do you think thats OK then??

Adult and Junior last year £460

This year £705 a bit more than 20% wouldn't you say?

Where did I say anything like that?

You are an exception rather than the rule and for what its worth I think the club should have considered a cap for those that are already ST holders and the new age rule meant a huge rise. I assume you are over 60 but under 65 .....

To be fair, given you old boys cheaper ST's is age discrimination against us younger boys ! ;-)

There's no mention of a swipe card system either, and the language used when talking about season tickets suggests there isn't one - what happened to that? I thought they weren't doing instalment plans until those were introduced?

But to their credit they have still introduced one and come up with a method to restrict tickets somewhat to ensure people can't default. Surely thats a positive thing right or do you think paying by instalments should be without a fee for doing so? You seem to have a strong feeling about the charge being made when in reality 5% is very reasonable for such a system.

Better be signing some decent players to justify my price hike.

Indeed For the same reason I'm happy to pay £50 for theatre ticket to see a show full of A and B list celebs and £10 for a show full of Z-listers.

I guess the difference between a theatre show and SFC is you know what celebs you're likely to be seeing before you buy your ticket. With football it's more of a gamble as to what you're going to get for your money

My brother reliably informs me 1-3 are not open...that'll serve me right for looking at the seating plan and believing what I see.

Idiotic football club

i can confirm that blocks 1/2/3 will not be open for season ticket purchases but will for sell out games (pompey, brighton etc)

Maybe the moral here is to not spend what you don't have?

Not sure how you can blame the club for peoples personal financial situations?

I'm not spending what I don't have, my income exceeds my outgoings. But last year's ST debacle meant that I bolted the payment onto an existing loan and that ruled out saving towards this year's.

The moral actually seems to be "don't be a football fan and try to have a life as well" actually. Luckily I stopped trying on the latter some time around February and just spent money on bills and football instead now. :)

It's all ok for me, budgetted/saved for £500. Renewal is costing me £465, that's on par with what I expected and most rational people would take. Will renewal in July, no problems at all. I imagine most people will think the same.

then they're giving out mixed answers...

No they're not, the message is very clear.

The blocks are not for sale to ST holders, but they will be open in the event of per-match demand requiring it.

Whether they sell Blocks 1-2-3 from Day 1 to ad hoc match tickets purchasers or whether they sell the rest of the stadium first THEN open 1-2-3 is the only remaining question.

Maybe the moral here is to not spend what you don't have?

Not sure how you can blame the club for peoples personal financial situations?

You have hit it on the head. If you can't afford it then don't get a ST just go when you can afford too.

All these people winging about instalments plans is mad. As a business the club reserve the right to charge however they feel appropriate. While I don't want us to lose fans people seem to be taking an instalment plan for granted when there is a real cost to the club for having this facility.

Neutral over these price rises BUT very concerned that if we get promotion then 3 season tickets will have to be seriously considered because price will be very high based on these prices.

Can just about justify this year to wife

My ST's for me and 2 kids (12 & 15) have gone up from £789 to £1195 so around 50% which is obviously a blow but which I can now balance out in my head a bit by the 30% cut last season (thanks Franks Cousin). We are all Saints fans on here and obviously we will follow them whatever so can I ask for some help with my biggest dilemma. How the hell do I explain the rise to Mrs S4Prem who does all the banking and is about as interested in English football as Sepp Blatter. One obvious answer to me is to move into the chapel but as we are in the Kingsland/Northam end with atmosphere will the Northam promise not to sing songs to upset me? Any suggestions would be gratefully received. (Doing away with her is tempting but not an option)

Last season I started sitting in the Chapel right behind the goal. Sit there.

We still win and you don't get some spotty fifteen year old calling the lino a c u n t - which they're not, they're just incomptent unfit middle-aged men (apart from that bird you would want to be hanging out the back of...) :)

And if you want an atmosphere in the Chapel, here's some advice: open your mouth and sing.

Not hard football, you know.

No they're not, the message is very clear.

The blocks are not for sale to ST holders, but they will be open in the event of per-match demand requiring it.

Whether they sell Blocks 1-2-3 from Day 1 to ad hoc match tickets purchasers or whether they sell the rest of the stadium first THEN open 1-2-3 is the only remaining question.

So I was wrongly informed then?

I'm not spending what I don't have, my income exceeds my outgoings. But last year's ST debacle meant that I bolted the payment onto an existing loan and that ruled out saving towards this year's.

The moral actually seems to be "don't be a football fan and try to have a life as well" actually. Luckily I stopped trying on the latter some time around February and just spent money on bills and football instead now. :)

Stop whinging. To be frank the fact that your spending money you don't have on something you don't need sums up what an idiot you are.

Age is an arbitrary and often inaccurate measure of someone's ability to pay.

This is my thinking. I've always been a glass half-full kind of guy; life's more enjoyable that way.

Come & join us in the Chapel and help keep the atmosphere like it was for the last few games. If I'm not mistaken I think it's gradually improved, vocally, since Christmas.

Block 20/21

Come & join us in the Chapel and help keep the atmosphere like it was for the last few games. If I'm not mistaken I think it's gradually improved, vocally, since Christmas.

Block 20/21

I reckon there might be a bit of influx there next season!!! Think our lot of Block 34 Kingslander's are considering moving. I'm just not sure about being surrounded by a load of screaming kids!!!! I put up with it for that celebration game a few weeks back, but a whole season and I might go a bit loopy!!!

I reckon there might be a bit of influx there next season!!! Think our lot of Block 34 Kingslander's are considering moving. I'm just not sure about being surrounded by a load of screaming kids!!!! I put up with it for that celebration game a few weeks back, but a whole season and I might go a bit loopy!!!

It's not that bad actually. All of the season tickets kids around us watch the game, sing and enjoy it.

It's the day tipper kids that are the annoying ones.

As seniors in the chapel my wife and I paid a total of £340 this year. With the removal of the concession rate we will pay £760 next season , an increase of over 100%!

How do I complain to the club?

For christ sake you paid the grand total of less than £7.40 per game each last year to watch us get promoted..you couldn't have watched Totton for that!

And now you are moaning that its gone up to a more realistic £16.50 a game.

I am afraid you are trying to get something for nothing that is still great value!

I accept that £340 was a very good deal. My main complaint is being reclassified from Senior to Adult. It is this change that has brought about most of the massive increase. I feel that renewing seniors should be allowed to keep that status.

For christ sake you paid the grand total of less than £7.40 per game each last year to watch us get promoted..you couldn't have watched Totton for that!

And now you are moaning that its gone up to a more realistic £16.50 a game.

I am afraid you are trying to get something for nothing that is still great value!

Very expensive for new season tickets. £540 in the Northam - f/ck that for championship football.

Ticket prices are also too expensive. Advance purchase - £27 + the Cortese Tax, on the day £29.

I already don't go as often as I used to and with prices like this coupled with the cost of fuel 5 or 6 games a season will do for me. Might not even bother going to St Marys at all.

do you need i.d. to prove you age when purchasing a student season ticket?

Age is irrelevant if you are a student as you can be any age and have a valid student card. It is proof you are a student that you may need, but given they are doing transactions over the phone I don't see how they can.

Last season I started sitting in the Chapel right behind the goal. Sit there.

We still win and you don't get some spotty fifteen year old calling the lino a c u n t - which they're not, they're just incomptent unfit middle-aged men (apart from that bird you would want to be hanging out the back of...) :)

And if you want an atmosphere in the Chapel, here's some advice: open your mouth and sing.

Not hard football, you know.

No no no no. It's bad enough that next season I'm going to be cramed in like a sardine rather than spread out over half a row, with the mass influx of people looking for cheap tickets. Now you want them to sing to? How will I cope with out the nice libary like atmosphere that the chapel is famed for...........;)

I might move to the Northam sounds like that will be a deserted waste land given the prices...:lol: