Ammar Jemal

Super Carlton

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ammar_Jemal

Tunisian international defender Ammar Jemal, who plays for Young Boys Berne (Switzerland D1) is at hand to engage with the English club Southampton, just to get into Championship (second division English). This season, the former Etoile du Sahel played 39 games in the jersey of the club of the Swiss capital. Ammar Jemal only has to pass the traditional series of medical examinations before wearing the jersey of the Saints, and become the teammate of Radhi Jaidi.

Translation...

Tunisian international defender Ammar Jemal, who plays for Young Boys Berne (Switzerland D1) is at hand to engage with the English club Southampton, just to get into Championship (second division English). This season, the former Etoile du Sahel played 39 games in the jersey of the club of the Swiss capital. Ammar Jemal only has to pass the traditional series of medical examinations before wearing the jersey of the Saints, and become the teammate of Radhi Jaidi.

Translation...

You've just been "MLG'd" ;)

A signing from Switzerland?

I wonder if this is another Cortese buy, rather than the manager?

Some players are easier to persuade than others depending on our contacts - We've got Swiss and Tunisian contacts at the club, so I should think Jaidi's been integral in flagging him up as a possible long-term replacement and Cortese's Swiss connections help us get the player talking to us.

In this situation the manager has Jaidi's career and performances as a benchmark and it probably wouldn't be a difficult sell.

He wasn't likely to turn down a Serie B promotion winner in Guly last season either !

Young Boys used to play in a Stadium called Wa.nkdorf.

Still do, the new stadium is the Stade de Suisse, Wa.nkdorf.

They lost that mental Champions' League qualifier against Spurs last season, 3-0 up in the first half of the first leg but eventually lost on aggregate. I wonder if he played ?

Yes he did, 4-0 second leg to Spurs with a Crouch hat-trick (YB played mostly with 10 men though) : http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/europe/8939577.stm.

First leg is here, makes for better reading : http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/europe/8918259.stm

You'll all be pleased to know Jemal gets a mention for "being offside" for one of the Young Boys goals, that might reprise a classic foreign import song.

IIRC there was a lot of palaver about YB having a plastic pitch, can't see that being too much of an issue though, he must have to play on grass plenty too.

Edited by The9

Still do, the new stadium is the Stade de Suisse, Wa.nkdorf.

They lost that mental Champions' League qualifier against Spurs last season, 3-0 up in the first half of the first leg but eventually lost on aggregate. I wonder if he played ?

Was that the game when Spurs came from behind against Young Boys?

Yes he did, 4-0 second leg to Spurs with a Crouch hat-trick (YB played mostly with 10 men though) : http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/europe/8939577.stm.

First leg is here, makes for better reading : http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/europe/8918259.stm

You'll all be pleased to know Jemal gets a mention for "being offside" for one of the Young Boys goals, that might reprise a classic foreign import song.

IIRC there was a lot of palaver about YB having a plastic pitch, can't see that being too much of an issue though, he must have to play on grass plenty too.

I didn't think you were the greatest fan of that classic foreign import song?

I didn't think you were the greatest fan of that classic foreign import song?

That is correct, but us singing it at a centre back would amuse me, especially based on one random goal he didn't even score.

Linked with Stoke, Zenit, Fulham recently. If he did sign I imagine he would be away with Tunisia fairly regularly.

That would suit Martin's development, and don't forget, we're in the Championship now so we're likely not to have matches in international weeks any more.

Or to be more accurate, yes, in 2012, but Tunisia are currently 3rd in a group of 5 with the top 2 likely to qualify - they basically have to beat 2nd placed Malawi in Malawi, and if they lose they're out. A draw takes it to a final match against Togo.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2012_Africa_Cup_of_Nations_qualification

So they're by no means certain to qualify.

Are those CA? I'd hope Lallana had a much higher potential. Surely both should have decent top flight player potential.

Yes, the 120 and 118 are current ability for Lallana and Fonte. Their potential is a higher figure, Lallana's a lot higher.

Edited by Matthew Le God

A current ability of 120 in League One is extremely good. Made him the joint 3rd best player in League One in FM version 11.3

Not that Football Manager matters in real life whatsoever, but that shows that he wasn't good enough on the last game! He's one of the best players in the Championship, let alone 3rd best in League One!

Who are the 2nd and 1st?

That shows that he wasn't good enough on the last game!

120 is the top of the guidelines for League One players (although they are flexible). The two players above him (with ratings just over the top of the League One guidelines) were Guly do Prado (as rated by the Cesena researcher) and Joe Lewis, who probably does need to come down.

He's one of the best players in the Championship, let alone 3rd best in League One!

He hasn't proved that (yet), thus can't be rated as such.

Edited by Matthew Le God