Ammar Jemal

Super Carlton

So it looks like Sir Woody deserves an apology from the many who gave him crap about a player called Jemmal possibly signing.

http://www.saintsweb.co.uk/showthread.php?31383-Player-Medical-11.40am-today

http://www.saintsweb.co.uk/showthread.php?31383-Player-Medical-11.40am-today&p=1094836#post1094836

I wouldn't hold your hopes up too much Sir Woody!

Edited by TopGun

I meant in the stands, can't have been too hard to spot considering the crowd.

Sorry, thought you were talking about De Ridder!

A rumour around the ground today was that Leroy Lita signed this morning. Heard a few different groups talking about it.

Well if its true I would be surprised if NC and NA dont pull the plug and look elsewhere for a centre back.

I agree

What makes me think that the scenario is correct, is the very fact that NA was quite positive that there would be TWO signings prior to the Leibherr Tribute Day

Only one of those transpired

Whilst I can see that the Prem would have more "pull", I still think that the "attitude " by Jemal, IF true, is not the sort that would blend in well with what appears to be a "settled"squad

NA was very positive about someone else signing very very soon if you listen to his Saints Player article on De Ridder. Smiled and said would be announced once its all signed and completed.

Jemal has every right to consider what he wants to do, its a big move for him but he sounds exactly what we need so lets hope it gets completed!

That account always tweets stuff like that. Likely no substance to it!

Um novo sócio para Jose Fonte. Southampton alcança um £ acordo 2m com Sunderland para defensor Matt Kilgallon

Southampton reach a £2m deal with Sunderland for defender Matt Kilgallon is being reported, in Portugal.

Of course it's better PR to spread out the news of signings rather than coming up with 2 or 3 at a time ...isn't it?

....and of course tactically good not to sign someone on the eve of a game .

Eve of what game? A couple of 45 minute kickabouts. Give me strength.

I find this kind of attitude strange. I would always wait to hear all offers, especially if 1 was from a newly promoted Champ team, and the other an established Prem team.

Exactly. I knew the half-witted, "ifhe daant bleed red n woite e can faak off" attitude would rear its head.

Exactly. I knew the half-witted, "ifhe daant bleed red n woite e can faak off" attitude would rear its head.

Apart from one post in this thread where the guy states, quite righty, that it doesnt scream out commitment - which is what NA often talks about - where is the evidence of this then ?

Nobody has stated anything of the sort. So before labelling people as half witted get your facts right please !

Lol@ some people on this thread questioning a particular player's commitment/desire to come to us, when there is no actual proof we have bid for him in the first place, and the even more dubious 'evidence' of his fickle nature in delaying signing for us comes from some alledged third hand personal interpretation of events from "a friend of a friend" of a known malcontent poster.

But yeah, we should make judgements on wanting players to sign on this sort of basis.

Lol@ some people on this thread questioning a particular player's commitment/desire to come to us, when there is no actual proof we have bid for him in the first place, and the even more dubious 'evidence' of his fickle nature in delaying signing for us comes from some alledged third hand personal interpretation of events from "a friend of a friend" of a known malcontent poster.

But yeah, we should make judgements on wanting players to sign on this sort of basis.

Even though the two posts that contain the sort of thing you're on about actually both say 'if true', and so are accepting that the info might not be true, in which case they accept the points would not be valid.

Think you were a bit too keen to make a point there, let the facts get in the way, which is ironic.

Even though the two posts that contain the sort of thing you're on about actually both say 'if true', and so are accepting that the info might not be true, in which case they accept the points would not be valid.

Think you were a bit too keen to make a point there, let the facts get in the way, which is ironic.

Actually, 3 people have said it, if you want to be pedant who misses the point (which you obviously are trying to be). One after dropping info that puts a sour note on the potential transfer. But it's ok, because just like saying 'allegedly' after announcing someone kicks rabbits to death as part of their daily recreation, by saying 'if true' you get to be an ITK superfan and pass off any old 'rumour' their personal prejudices have allowed for, and then either enhance or redact that opinion at a later date. Oh, and really, by your standard, shouldn’t they say if true twice? Once for the transfer itself, and once for the offer from Stoke

Here's an example "If Jemal kicks rabbits to death as part of his daily recreation (which I’ve heard from Santa Claus he allegedly does), then I don't want this sick twisted bordering on early-signs-of-serial killer to turn out for the saints. IF TRUE".

If he signs and has a bad game, I can claim ITK and use it to launch into him after a bad game. If he doesn’t, then I can lead the “I’m glad that Saints didn’t sign that Leporidae murderer, Stoke are welcome to him” type comments. Doesn’t matter if Saints even are in for him in the first place.

I believe these kinds of threads happen because of the new tighter info policy surrounding transfers and the tragic and chronic desire to be ITK (we announce them when they are a done deal). For proof, see the recent transfer of Jack Cork, where in a rare move, Adkins announced our approach for him to cool our rabid fan base. But instead, it quickly descends into "IF TRUE, he obviously wants to go to West Ham and can fark off". All of which was forgotten after some good play by the man himself.

But the first time he or Jemal (IF it's TRUE we are even in for him) have a bad game, there will be some who point to threads like these and the week gap for Cork for proof and say "You can tell he's not committed, obviously regretting not getting the move to X/Y/Z".

And if you can't see the truth of that through recent examples, it's not ironic, it's just sad.

Doesn't immediately scream out that he's got the commitment we're looking for' date=' if true...[/quote']

I find this kind of attitude strange. I would always wait to hear all offers, especially if 1 was from a newly promoted Champ team, and the other an established Prem team.

Apart from one post in this thread where the guy states, quite righty, that it doesnt scream out commitment - which is what NA often talks about - where is the evidence of this then ?

Nobody has stated anything of the sort. So before labelling people as half witted get your facts right please !

Opened a bit of a can of worms here haven't I?! The point I was trying to make was that, if true (I believe I wrote that) my first impression would be to ask does he really want to come to Southampton. He doesn't have to bleed red & white but he does need to want to be here enough to want to put in a decent shift for the cause. Look at Van Damme, for instance. Didn't really want to be here & it showed & affected others. If he does join & does well - brilliant, if he chooses to go to Stoke - fine, no hard feelings but if he comes here just for a pay day & with a heavy heart then it's not likely to go well for all concerned.

Oh & half wit? I think not.

Edited by Ivan Katalinic's 'tache

Actually, 3 people have said it, if you want to be pedant who misses the point (which you obviously are trying to be). One after dropping info that puts a sour note on the potential transfer. But it's ok, because just like saying 'allegedly' after announcing someone kicks rabbits to death as part of their daily recreation, by saying 'if true' you get to be an ITK superfan and pass off any old 'rumour' their personal prejudices have allowed for, and then either enhance or redact that opinion at a later date. Oh, and really, by your standard, shouldn’t they say if true twice? Once for the transfer itself, and once for the offer from Stoke

Here's an example "If Jemal kicks rabbits to death as part of his daily recreation (which I’ve heard from Santa Claus he allegedly does), then I don't want this sick twisted bordering on early-signs-of-serial killer to turn out for the saints. IF TRUE".

If he signs and has a bad game, I can claim ITK and use it to launch into him after a bad game. If he doesn’t, then I can lead the “I’m glad that Saints didn’t sign that Leporidae murderer, Stoke are welcome to him” type comments. Doesn’t matter if Saints even are in for him in the first place.

I believe these kinds of threads happen because of the new tighter info policy surrounding transfers and the tragic and chronic desire to be ITK (we announce them when they are a done deal). For proof, see the recent transfer of Jack Cork, where in a rare move, Adkins announced our approach for him to cool our rabid fan base. But instead, it quickly descends into "IF TRUE, he obviously wants to go to West Ham and can fark off". All of which was forgotten after some good play by the man himself.

But the first time he or Jemal (IF it's TRUE we are even in for him) have a bad game, there will be some who point to threads like these and the week gap for Cork for proof and say "You can tell he's not committed, obviously regretting not getting the move to X/Y/Z".

And if you can't see the truth of that through recent examples, it's not ironic, it's just sad.

Have I touched a nerve? You seem to be getting a little irate about fans using this thread as evidence to criticise a player. Is not your real gripe with fans getting on our players' backs, rather than commenting on how good or bad a scenario is that has been put forward by another poster?

Not sure about you're final ironic/sad point, care to explain it? I doubt it's your writing, probably because I'm missing the point yet again. I'll quote the two posters I was referring to as your point about repeating 'if true' also doesn't seem very clear. Again, it's probably my failings rather than your argument technique that is at fault here...

Doesn't immediately scream out that he's got the commitment we're looking for' date=' if true...[/quote']

Well if its true I would be surprised if NC and NA dont pull the plug and look elsewhere for a centre back.
Edited by capitalsaint

Apparently Stoke have dropped their interest in him - so our offer the only one on the table...I wonder if there will be news from SMS today now?

Source?

It seemed he had a medical on Friday if the reports on here were true. Adkins hinted that another signing is very close when talking on Saints Player about De Ridder. From what Ive read about this guy he looks good.

Source?

It seemed he had a medical on Friday if the reports on here were true. Adkins hinted that another signing is very close when talking on Saints Player about De Ridder. From what Ive read about this guy he looks good.

More or less what I had heard

I think he was hanging out for a "better" offer from the Prem

I don't blame him for sourcing the best option

What's Tunisian for "Saints are your best option" ???

I hope he joins us soon

Source?

It's on football rumours so don't hold your breath on it's accuracy......might be true though.

More or less what I had heard

I think he was hanging out for a "better" offer from the Prem

I don't blame him for sourcing the best option

What's Tunisian for "Saints are your best option" ???

I hope he joins us soon

Lolz. Do you mean Arabic?