Ammar Jemal

Super Carlton

Then tell me why Barnard couldn't play at right back??

Burley's stupidity was in part down to playing people out of position.

I didn't comment on Barnard, I did comment on your dismissive reaction to a reasonable opinion put forward regarding Fonte. Barnard at full back who knows? would he be any good? maybe. Could he play there? of course he could. Will he ever be selected there? not a cat in hells chance. Jermaine Wright had a pretty decent run at right back but looked very lightweight in midfield. Burley was pretty poor for us and tinkered too much. Don Revie switched Johnny Giles from right wing to be the main playmaker, turned out rather well wouldn't you say? It's happened with lots of players, Bale, Henry for example.

I didn't comment on Barnard, I did comment on your dismissive reaction to a reasonable opinion put forward regarding Fonte. Barnard at full back who knows? would he be any good? maybe. Could he play there? of course he could. Will he ever be selected there? not a cat in hells chance. Jermaine Wright had a pretty decent run at right back but looked very lightweight in midfield. Burley was pretty poor for us and tinkered too much. Don Revie switched Johnny Giles from right wing to be the main playmaker, turned out rather well wouldn't you say? It's happened with lots of players, Bale, Henry for example.

My 'dismissive reaction' was suggesting Barnard at right back. If you didn't comment on that you can't have commented on it at all.

My 'dismissive reaction' was suggesting Barnard at right back. If you didn't comment on that you can't have commented on it at all.

It appeared to me that having put the quote in, you made no comment on it except to make a comment about Barnard at right back, which appeared to be a throwaway, as it was no response to an intelligent comment about Fonte being used in midfield..

Another high profile signing. Blimey.

......has he actually signed yet ??

I know, dissapointing isn't it. I was hoping for Piqué too. Instead we have to settle for a young inexperienced Tunisian reject who Young Boys Bern don't even want. When will we show some ambition and sign a good player that has proven himself in some very good leagues in Europe!? FFS. first some Belgian no c*nt had heard of and now this Wally.

or know if he is any good?

is he left footed? Adkins has said he likes a left footer playing alongside Fonte

He's left footed, yep. Can also play LB.

Not heard anything more, reckon it's stalled re: work permits. Adkins seemed pretty confident a signing would be done a little while ago now, and this guy was hotly tipped to be the player.

It's definitely not work permit, because work permit paperwork is the last thing you'd do. No club would agree fee and terms with a player and then announce nothing while waiting for the work permit. You are deluding yourselves. Not saying he won't ever sign but i don't think for a minute that it is all done and dusted except the work permit.

Saints are also in advanced talks with QPR over the possible swap deal that could see Jason Puncheon move to Loftus Road and Latvian centre half Kaspars Gorkss, plus cash, come to St Mary’s.

Advanced talks? how would they know, typical Echo bullsh1te!

Work Permit delays?

Ah it's those nasty ToriesLibDems with their new get tough immigration rules that "The City" have so moaned about.

No doubt clubs now have to make a formal powerpoint presentation to some Mandarin showing why an imported player is better than an English passport Holder.

Clearly the same problem has affected all the big clubs this summer with their lack of foreign signings.....

Oh