Ammar Jemal

Super Carlton

Wouldnt his agent know this? No idea, just would seem strange that he wouldn't, seeing as he would have been involved at pretty much every level!

Exactly what I was thinking.

I've always thought that the player gets something like 10% of the fee (if he has not submitted a transfer request). One of the reasons why they use agents.

Or then again perhaps this latest rumour is hairy dangly male appendages?

Or perhaps the entire saga has been hairy dangly male appendages?

Maybe we'll find out one day, and maybe not.

In the future, it may make Adkins think twice before saying that a deal HAS been done

In that case I'm sure he'd like to hear that some of us are following along nicely.

The work permit thing is nation-based as the restrictions on who can play where are currently only limited by the state employment law and league regulations, but UEFA also have an input and are trying to ensure there is a homegrown restriction overarching all of their member nations. Of course UEFA also have to ensure they work within EU law.

OK, in that case please explain what the Hell "As a result we don't have English or European football in the Prem and this is perculating down to the Football League." means because it is totally meaningless to me.

I will be quite happy if the Gorkks transfer goes through.

He has been in this league,done well with his previous club and it appears he was integral to QPR going up.

His experience could be invaluable.

The operative word being WAS

Allegedly, he WAS QPR's "Rock" LAST season

He is now one year older, and although Warnock supposedly rates him very highly as one of their best players. he can't wait to get rid of him

AT best, we can only realistically expect to get ONE season out of him. Should we go up again, we will find ourselves in the same predicament as QPR are now, having a "great" player whose legs have gone

Tunisian international defender Ammar Jemal, who plays for Young Boys Berne (Switzerland D1) was about to conclude an agreement with the English club Southampton, just to get into Championship (second division English). Having agreed on almost all details the player wanted to know the transfer amount agreed with Young Boys, the leaders of Southampton have refused to reveal this detail, Ammar Jemal has refused to sign the contract . Fahmi was contacted for more details
Original link.

Pap beat you to it

Don't know but definitely sounds legit. They mention "Southampton" a few times so it's not a bull**** article. Sounds ilke it definitely has some source behind it.

Don't know but definitely sounds legit. They mention "Southampton" a few times so it's not a bull**** article. Sounds ilke it definitely has some source behind it.

Oh, the article's title is "Ammar Jemal won't be wearing the Southampton jersey"

He is now one year older, and although Warnock supposedly rates him very highly as one of their best players. he can't wait to get rid of him

AT best, we can only realistically expect to get ONE season out of him. Should we go up again, we will find ourselves in the same predicament as QPR are now, having a "great" player whose legs have gone

This is the aim surely,if he helps achieve this then he has done his job.And if that were to be in one season then so be it,if not we have hardly wasted resources on getting him in and to be fair i would expect us to be in the same predicament as QPR,we will have to ship out a few that simply won't cut it in the Prem.

But that is way down the line i suspect.

Just got the conversation between the journalist and Ammar Jemal on the http://www.mosaiquefm.net/index/a/Ac...medium=twitter translated by my tunisian collegues

Seems as if there was a disagreement between the player who stuck up for his old club Esperance of Tunis.

Esperance of Tunis were entitled to a certain percentage of the transfer fee. The sum owned to Esperance of Tunis on the contract wasn't explicitly written whereas the transfer fee owned to the Young Boys was. As a result, Ammar thought Cortese was trying to rip off Esperance of Tunis.

Cortese then told him its none of his business and that the financial side of the deal should be dealt with his agent and not him. Ammar was upset and refused to sign the contract. The journalist then said that there were reports southampton would come back to which he answered he had had enough dealing with Cortese (his first impressions when he met him was that he was strange man) and that he would be pursuing offers elsewhere.(Brest)

Seems a bit of a hot headed and stubborn person, not sure he would fit on our bus TBH.

Vidic is year older this season, have his legs gone?

Terry is a year older this season, have his legs gone?

Why do you think Gorkss' legs have gone? Especially given that he played, and scored, only a couple of days ago.

Upon what, exactly, are you basing the assumption that Warnock 'cannot wait to get rid of him?' Was he also offered to Blackpool as part of the Campbell deal?

Perhaps it was US who asked to have Gorkss in part exchange for Puncheon?

Just got the conversation between the journalist and Ammar Jemal on the http://www.mosaiquefm.net/index/a/Ac...medium=twitter translated by my tunisian collegues

Seems as if there was a disagreement between the player who stuck up for his old club Esperance of Tunis.

Esperance of Tunis were entitled to a certain percentage of the transfer fee. The sum owned to Esperance of Tunis on the contract wasn't explicitly written whereas the transfer fee owned to the Young Boys was. As a result, Ammar thought Cortese was trying to rip off Esperance of Tunis.

Cortese then told him its none of his business and that the financial side of the deal should be dealt with his agent and not him. Ammar was upset and refused to sign the contract. The journalist then said that there were reports southampton would come back to which he answered he had had enough dealing with Cortese (his first impressions when he met him was that he was strange man) and that he would be pursuing offers elsewhere.(Brest)

Seems a bit of a hot headed and stubborn person, not sure he would fit on our bus TBH.

True

But there are times where NC's hard nosed actions come off and times when it doesn't, I just hope he doesn't turn into a world beater.

Wouldnt his agent know this? No idea, just would seem strange that he wouldn't, seeing as he would have been involved at pretty much every level!

I would find that disturbing if it were true that both us and YB were keeping the actual fee from player.

It is important to know how much a club is paying for you, as agents fees (payable by the player) and signing on fees are normally worked out as a percentage of the transfer fee.

Even free transfers work on the basis of an estimated transfer fee.

I got the impression early on that Jemal was a bit of a hot head well some one that was egotistical. its easy for a player to blame the chairman. after all chairmen are evil creatures and footballers are goddy two shoes and most only play football for the money they can make

look at tevez and the like

Pretty dissapointed with our failure to get deals done to be honest.....

Billy Sharp - couldn't agree terms....

Jemal - couldn't agree terms...

not saying we ahould give in but come on....2 players in before the first game is a poor return considering we have had over 3 months since we have been promoted...

Starting to getting annoyed....happy to pay your extra ticket costs saints, but get some quality players in please...my ROI is not good considering we are watching a league 1 team again this season

shame as we are 2-3 players from being a play off team

dodgebullets.jpg

I got the impression early on that Jemal was a bit of a hot head well some one that was egotistical. its easy for a player to blame the chairman. after all chairmen are evil creatures and footballers are goddy two shoes and most only play football for the money they can make

look at tevez and the like

I think he was a little like that, didn't he refuse to play for Young Boys recently or something? Bit of a funny character anyway, would have been a decent signing though on just football terms.

He'd have cost around £1m if reports are correct though....and Gorkks would be free...+400k coming to us, how good of a deal would that be??? Saves up a bit of extra cash to use on another position too.

not saying we ahould give in but come on....2 players in before the first game is a poor return considering we have had over 3 months since we have been promoted...

Starting to getting annoyed....happy to pay your extra ticket costs saints, but get some quality players in please...my ROI is not good considering we are watching a league 1 team again this season

And if they both asked to break our wage structure you would be happy ?? Just so that we got an extra couple of players in ?? Especially with Sharp costing IMHO an overpriced 3.5 mil ??

FWIW we are still only two player away from being a good Playoff team, and realistically it only takes Jaidi and our strikers to hit form and we are a decent playoff team.

Calm down dear.

If true, it sounds like a bit of a lucky escape. Would be more than happy with Gorkss.

Vidic is year older this season, have his legs gone?

Terry is a year older this season, have his legs gone?

Why do you think Gorkss' legs have gone? Especially given that he played, and scored, only a couple of days ago.

Upon what, exactly, are you basing the assumption that Warnock 'cannot wait to get rid of him?' Was he also offered to Blackpool as part of the Campbell deal?

Perhaps it was US who asked to have Gorkss in part exchange for Puncheon?

QPR are finding it VERY difficult to get players to sign for them, Warnock has even said that

So, in that context, WHY would they agree to let go, a player that last season was allegedly their "Rock", and one that they would HAVE to replace just to retain the Status Quo ??

Sorry, but the two things do not add up

Been more than just happy with De Ridder and JC, so still trust club to get the players in who want to be at club!! In meantime re CB position, KG would be a good acquisition if it happens and if it doesn't, still feel that Aaron has ability to step up to the plate! Not to dissatisfied at mo, would just love one pacy pacy striker who knows where net is!

QPR are finding it VERY difficult to get players to sign for them, Warnock has even said that

So, in that context, WHY would they agree to let go, a player that last season was allegedly their "Rock", and one that they would HAVE to replace just to retain the Status Quo ??

Probably because they've signed Gabidon (i think?) who will more than likely be first choice, thus pushing Gorkks to the bench.

At this moment in time I couldn't give two hoots if he isn't quite good enough for the prem, all I know is that he was one of the best CB's in this league last year and for us that would be an amazing signing at the moment.

At the end of the day clubs that get promoted often discard certain players, who are then picked up by another championship club and they help that club get success too.

I remember 5/6 seasons ago, after Man U had won the title, they failed to strengthen much during the close season. In fact they lost a few "big" players.

They were derided by the pundits who said they'd be lukcy to get 4th as the other big teams had strengthened.

Utd then went on to storm the P/L that season!

As far as I was aware, the AGENT deals with most matters re lining up his client for a transfer, and that would involve dealing with Cortese

Once the PLAYER agrees to the wage offer etc, the agent takes it from there, legal stuff etc

Then the player puts his cross

I can't quite understand why it has taken until NOW, for "news" re this sort of hiccup to have come to light, as everyone was led to believe that the payer had signed some time ago, thus triggering the Visa application

As to him "allegedly" now going off in search of a deal with Brest, it's too late, Brest have already recruited someone

This is turning into an Agatha Christie Drame

You are funny

If it was a choice between Brest and a man called Nicola I don't think his actions are odd at all. Sounds like Cortese has been a bit brusque in all of this. Quite like the fact he wanted his old club to get a cut, to be honest. Oh well. Gorkss is just as good (I think).

if he has been training with us, it might be that the clubs staff have been looking for a reason to offload him, as he may not fit in.

Any player who takes months to sign rarely does well for us. On the other hand Ithought it was Ramadan and so he wouldnt be able to train???

Probably because they've signed Gabidon (i think?) who will more than likely be first choice, thus pushing Gorkks to the bench.

At this moment in time I couldn't give two hoots if he isn't quite good enough for the prem, all I know is that he was one of the best CB's in this league last year and for us that would be an amazing signing at the moment.

At the end of the day clubs that get promoted often discard certain players, who are then picked up by another championship club and they help that club get success too.

Exactly right; I don't know where St Richmond learnt to add up, but it all slots into place as far as I can see.

QPR have signed Danny Gabbidon this summer.

Dan Sh*ttu has signed a new contract with QPR.

Saints apparently made an equiry for Gorkss a couple of months ago but were rebuffed.

Warnock needs to replace Wayne Routledge and wants Jason Puncheon, having commented on him

"He's someone who has done really well, he's exactly the sort of player I like, he's pacy and direct, someone with something to prove, a player with a bit of hunger. We need players like that at QPR this season.

"He's a player we've been looking at, so now we need to see what happens in the next 10 days or so."

Warnock however cannot spend huge sums of cash so must move players on before bringing others in; hence the "swap" offer for Puncheon/Gorkss.

Seems to make perfect sense.

Good post ,imo.