Ammar Jemal

Super Carlton

I'd go for the bloke with International and European club experience in the past 12 months just as readily as the one who just won the league we're in.

The communication thing might be an issue at first, but Jemal looks like a quality player and Jaidi would get him up to speed on the language and football terminology quickly.

This. Agreeing with the9! What's world coming to...

If we got corks too and shifted seaborne, this would actually be quality quality business!

Buy them both, shift out Seaborne in January. In the mean time, send Aaron Martin on loan to Bournemouth until January to get first team football. Problem solved.

Are you mad, Seaborne has far more potential than Martin imo, he is the more likely of them, to be able to play at PL level. Mills!!!

Edited by Gingeletiss

Are you mad, Seaborne has far more potential than Martin imo, he is the more likely of them, to be able to play at PL level. Mills!!!

At 24 years olf Seaborne isn't even a proven performer at League one level. Martin is only a couple of years younger though. I don't think either of them stand a chance in hell of being worth a go in the premier league.

I'd go for the bloke with International and European club experience in the past 12 months just as readily as the one who just won the league we're in.

The communication thing might be an issue at first, but Jemal looks like a quality player and Jaidi would get him up to speed on the language and football terminology quickly.

We'd have clean sh!ts every week :lol:

If we sign a player today does that mean they will be able to play on Saturday (pending selection of course!)? Or would they have had to sign by lunchtime or something?

No that would have no baring. The lunchtime deadline only applies to signings made the day prior to a match.

If we are still waiting for this player to make his mind up I believe he is not committed enough. Too much like Rudi, the excitement grew but the result was poor

True, but how do we know that we're waiting for him to make up his mind?

Similarly, if he has made up his mind and wants to play for us, I believe he is committed enough and hope the visa gets sorted.

Sort of goes without saying.

Anyone could have amended that, isn't that what you tell everyone?

There is a significant difference between people amending player entries on Wikipedia saying they have signed for Saints and someone editing the record on Wikipedia for the African Cup of Nations qualifying to make it look like Tunisia may not qualify. If you can't see that I don't know what I can say to you. In any case that Wiki page has numerous links to reliable sources which corroborate it.

Edited by Matthew Le God

Buy them both, shift out Seaborne in January. In the mean time, send Aaron Martin on loan to Bournemouth until January to get first team football. Problem solved.

I hope we never, ever, loan a player to Bompey ever again!!!

I also don't see this 'shift out' Seaborne thing. He is clearly, at present, the partner of choice for Fonte. I would go with NA and his coaching staff's views over some random fan's any day. So, bring in two new CB'c, get stiff competition for places going and yes loan out Martin - just not to Bompey.

And hopefully we won't have to call upon Jaidi, unless we are playing against a team with just one huge, immobile, CF.

Another reason for getting both in is, IMO, that they are better than our other CBs, barring Fonte; and if he (Fonte) should get injurde/suspended I would be less nervous if could call upon a pairing of Jemal and Gorkss than other possible partnerships.

There is a significant difference between people amending player entries on Wikipedia saying they have signed for Saints and someone editing the record on Wikipedia for the African Cup of Nations qualifying to make it look like Tunisia may not qualify. If you can't see that I don't know what I can say t you. In any case that Wiki page has numerous links to reliable sources which collaborate it.

did you change wiki to make it look like they wouldnt qualify? be honest

I hope we never, ever, loan a player to Bompey ever again!!!

I also don't see this 'shift out' Seaborne thing. He is clearly, at present, the partner of choice for Fonte. I would go with NA and his coaching staff's views over some random fan's any day. So, bring in two new CB'c, get stiff competition for places going and yes loan out Martin - just not to Bompey.

And hopefully we won't have to call upon Jaidi, unless we are playing against a team with just one huge, immobile, CF.

Another reason for getting both in is, IMO, that they are better than our other CBs, barring Fonte; and if he (Fonte) should get injurde/suspended I would be less nervous if could call upon a pairing of Jemal and Gorkss than other possible partnerships.

If Seaborne was the partner of choice for Fonte then he should have been given the number 5 shirt and have done with it.The fact that he wasn't is a statement from the club that D Seaborne esq is not considered as an automatic choice for our first XI and that a replacement CB who will be considered as first choice will be sought continually until one deemed

worthy of the Number 5 shirt is found and signed.

There is a significant difference between people amending player entries on Wikipedia saying they have signed for Saints and someone editing the record on Wikipedia for the African Cup of Nations qualifying to make it look like Tunisia may not qualify. If you can't see that I don't know what I can say t you. In any case that Wiki page has numerous links to reliable sources which collaborate it.

Or even corroborate it ;-)

If Seaborne was the partner of choice for Fonte then he should have been given the number 5 shirt and have done with it.The fact that he wasn't is a statement from the club that D Seaborne esq is not considered as an automatic choice for our first XI and that a replacement CB who will be considered as first choice will be sought continually until one deemed

I'm really not that convinced that a shirt number means a great deal these days to be honest.

I'm really not that convinced that a shirt number means a great deal these days to be honest.

no it doesn't but to move a player from one shirt number to another, in this case from 19 to 25, whilst new players have been given at 1-11 shirt at the expense of others (Cork 8,Forte moved from 8 to 17) seems to indicate that at SFC some importance is accorded to shirt numbers, otherwise new players would just get whatever's available and others would keep the same for year to year.

I said 'at present' i.e. from those players we currently have at our club.

I agree that it appears that Adkins has had his sights on getting a new CB in to partner Fonte; and I wholeheartedly agree with this.

What I was questioning is why so many supporters think that if we get 2 CBs in that it would be Seaborne who would be sold on, when it appears he is No2 in Adkin's CB pecking order.

Hence bring in 2 CBs, loan out Martin to gain 1st team experience (but not to Bompey) and have 5 CBs to call upon.

agree, lucky numbers and all sorts come into it. I wouldn't read anything into number - unless someone doesn't get one at all!

no it doesn't but to move a player from one shirt number to another, in this case from 19 to 25, whilst new players have been given at 1-11 shirt at the expense of others (Cork 8,Forte moved from 8 to 17) seems to indicate that at SFC some importance is accorded to shirt numbers, otherwise new players would just get whatever's available and others would keep the same for year to year.

I'm with you on this.

The lack of a number 5 is a definite statement of intent.

Conflicting reports on Jemal...

Tunisian press saying he's close to signing: (August 1st)

http://www.kooora.com/?n=119490

""Confirmed defender Tunisian Ammar Jamal professional club Young Boys, that is currently in England for the recent talks about the process of moving to a club of Southampton, who won climb to the second division of the English Leagues. The subject in connection with talks he held on Monday, a medical is expected to continue negotiations with the English club may be signing the contract in the next few hours"

And French media saying he's been rejected a work permit:

http://stadebrestois29.fr/la-piste-ammar-jemal-relancee (August 2nd)

"A few weeks ago, the Tunisian Young Boys Bern, Ammar Jemal, was again approached. The player must engage with Southampton (D2 English), but obviously he can not get his residence permit, the player could then fall back to Brest above Guyot announced today that in Ouest-France new defender could sign today or tomorrow."

Not sure what the last bit of that means though :?

French media saying he's been rejected a work permit:

http://stadebrestois29.fr/la-piste-ammar-jemal-relancee (August 2nd)

"A few weeks ago, the Tunisian Young Boys Bern, Ammar Jemal, was again approached. The player must engage with Southampton (D2 English), but obviously he can not get his residence permit, the player could then fall back to Brest above Guyot announced today that in Ouest-France new defender could sign today or tomorrow."

Not sure what the last bit of that means though :?

Après la blessure de Ferradj ( 6 mois ), le jeune Tripy Makonda fraîchement arrivé du PSG paraît bien seul au poste de latéral gauche. Le Stade Brestois s’est donc mis à la recherche d’un autre joueur pour ce poste. Suivi il y a quelques semaines, le tunisien des Young Boys de Bern, Ammar Jemal, aurait été de nouveau approché. Le joueur devait s’engager avec Southampton ( D2 anglaise ) mais visiblement il n’arrive pas à obtenir sa carte de séjour, le joueur pourrait donc se replier vers Brest de plus que Guyot a annoncé aujourd’hui dans Ouest-France qu’un nouveau défenseur pourrait signer aujourd’hui ou demain.

"After the injury of Ferradj (6 months), youngster Trip Makonda newly arrived from PSG appeared to be sole player on the left-hand side. Brest is however set to find another player for this position. After several weeks, the Tunisian from Young Buys of Bern, Ammar Jemal, could be newly approached. The player was engaged with Southampton (English Div 2) but obviously has been unable to obtain his visa; the player may therefore respond to Brest especially as Guyot has announced this afternoon in Ouest-France [a newspaper] that a new defender may sign this afternoon or tomorrow."

HTH

I don't know if this has been posted before:

http://www.letelegramme.com/sports/clubs-football/stade-brestois/ligue-1-stade-brestois-brest-attend-encore-deux-defenseurs-01-08-2011-1387522.php

It suggests that Southampton have signed Jemal on a 3 year contract, but this is suspended for the moment while he attempts to obtain his visa. Brest are trying therefore to obtain his services to cover for their long defensive injury list.

Additionally, it's ok to mention a player being money-seeking provided they don't sign for us?

Re: CMS

Fair play to him to be honest hes spent time in the lower leagues getting a poor wage for a footballer, he worked his socks off last 2 seasons practising during the off season on his own at a park, hes 27 now and probs only has 5/6 years left in him at championship level before he would drop back down to league one may as well make some money out of his career, but im glad were focusing on players who wanna play championship football for a bigish club with pride rather then monies as the monies will come if they perfome well and help saints get a nice mid table finish or maybe even playoffs.

Agree with this. It seems he will be a last minute signing.

I don't know if this has been posted before:

http://www.letelegramme.com/sports/clubs-football/stade-brestois/ligue-1-stade-brestois-brest-attend-encore-deux-defenseurs-01-08-2011-1387522.php

It suggests that Southampton have signed Jemal on a 3 year contract, but this is suspended for the moment while he attempts to obtain his visa. Brest are trying therefore to obtain his services to cover for their long defensive injury list.

This is what annoys me about the work permit thing. French clubs can sign him no problem but we can't. There needs to be clearer pan European rules for this. I've also been annoyed that Iberian clubs can take their pick of the South American talent because of dual-nationality.

Fair play to him to be honest hes spent time in the lower leagues getting a poor wage for a footballer, he worked his socks off last 2 seasons practising during the off season on his own at a park, hes 27 now and probs only has 5/6 years left in him at championship level before he would drop back down to league one may as well make some money out of his career, but im glad were focusing on players who wanna play championship football for a bigish club with pride rather then monies as the monies will come if they perfome well and help saints get a nice mid table finish or maybe even playoffs.

.....and breathe!!...

Good post btw, very fair comment.

This is what annoys me about the work permit thing. French clubs can sign him no problem but we can't. There needs to be clearer pan European rules for this. I've also been annoyed that Iberian clubs can take their pick of the South American talent because of dual-nationality.

I thought as a country the UK wanted less immigration so if Jemal cannot get a work permit the Tory government is doing what the country wants

http://translate.google.co.uk/transl...26prmd%3Divnso

Be nice if this saga can finally end today...apparantly he has been training with us for a few weeks closed doors

would explain adkins got a little bit tetchy with BBC Solent whern they were "wondering" around staplewood. Adkins should have realised Solent are nearly as useless as the Echo for getting their own scoops so no danger of it being exposed