Reading build up thread

saints-cris

Reading fans referring to us as 'scum' on their forum. I really hope we tear them a new one. They'll be down after completely outplaying derby and only getting a point, we're buzzing, and I think this is a game where we'll be able to have a proper game of football.

Reading 1-5 Southampton

Lambert (3)

Cork

Fonte

Reading fans referring to us as 'scum' on their forum. I really hope we tear them a new one. They'll be down after completely outplaying derby and only getting a point, we're buzzing, and I think this is a game where we'll be able to have a proper game of football.

Have always had a totally irrational dislike of Reading. Not hatred, nothing like that, they are not worth it and there is no reason to. Just their plastic fans, coming out of the woodwork in good times and disappearing just as quickly; slagging us off as if we are a close rival when we dont give a monkeys (much like BHA); and the attitude last time we were there and beat them - how dare we bring 4k fans and sing a lot when we are bottom of the league. Do one FFS

Really looking forward to this one. With a 5.20pm kick off it should help the atmosphere build nicely over the day. Other than the train station boozer, does anyone know if theere are there any other decent pubs in town that we'll be allocated?

Can't wait - easy place to make our own and remind Reading that they're a tinpot club. Even under difficult circumstances, the atmosphere in 2008 was fantastic -one of the best in recent years- and this time will be even better.

Good weekend of fixtures as well: hopefully, all the top teams will be cancelling each other out: Derby-Boro, Ipswich-Palace, Leeds-P'boro and Brighton-WHU.

Away games are very tough in this league. Reading will be desperate for a win after their home draw last night, and keen to beat a 'local rival', and of course more keen to beat the team top of the league.

All that makes it extremely difficult for us. I'll go 1-1 but can see a Reading win. Depends how we defend. Hopefully Lallana is back anyway.

Bet anything you like Le Fondre scores against us.

Absolutely. After about a year of saying we should sign him and reading people say he was a League 2 player, it's bound to happen. Don't forget Mills and Gorkss are guaranteed to score too, so we will need at least 3 goals to get anything from this. :(

I would drop Guly away from home. If Lallana is fit, I'd put him back in and play Chaplow on the right instead. Other than that, same team I guess.

Absolutely. After about a year of saying we should sign him and reading people say he was a League 2 player, it's bound to happen. Don't forget Mills and Gorkss are guaranteed to score too, so we will need at least 3 goals to get anything from this. :(

I would drop Guly away from home. If Lallana is fit, I'd put him back in and play Chaplow on the right instead. Other than that, same team I guess.

I feel like this, got a feeling Gorkss will score.

Does make me chuckle that after such an important win last night we're surfing on a wave of invincibility but we're not invincible and I'm less confident about Reading than I was about West Ham. Our away form of late has been steady but not amazing. Would love to win but a draw wouldn't be too bad and I think it will finish a draw, having Adam back fully fit could make a difference though.

make ir 4 after pearce bullets home a header.

Reading 0-2 Saints

Lambert and Connolly either side of half time.

We've drawn away at Derby, we thrashed Ipswich away, we've stuffed Brum at home, I see absolutley nothing in Reading to stop us beating them. Nigel Adkins will outfox Ade Edmonson (or whoever it is that manages them) tactically and by 1900 we will be buzzing !!

We are not creating many chances now Lallana is out.

Really? The two games he has missed are against 3rd and 2nd place teams at the time of the match and...

Derby 11 shots - 7 on target

Southampton 15 shots - 9 on target

Southampton 18 shots - 9 on target

West Ham 9 shots - 4 on target

Yes, with Lallana we'd likely create more, but to suggest "we are not creating many chances" without him is clearly wrong.

Edited by Matthew Le God

We need to concentrate early doors as this is when we are most vulnerable. We are not creating many chances now Lallana is out so we have got to be solid and take our chances.

Prediction. Reading 0-1 Saints.

Southampton - 15 shots, 9 on target

Derby - 11 shots, 7 on target

Nothing to worry about in the chance creating department

Yes, I know Lallana played, but we're still making chances every game, have been most of the season

Edited by Jack
Misread dune's post

To be honest, we're due an away win. Reading aren't as good as last year as they've lost some big players from their team.

But how good is it to be able to say that even if we lose...we'll still be clear at the top, no matter what happens. Quality.

Reading 1-5 Southampton

Lambert (3)

Cork

Fonte

For some reason that scoreline made me laugh - perhaps not the unlikeliness of it, but the randomness of it.

What!? We've got to play MORE games!? Can't we just end the season now, please?
I'd take this position with 2 games left to play!

I would be looking forward to this, but Reading vs Saints on Sky is being played at the same time as Liverpool vs Norwich on ESPN, and while I finish work in time to watch the game, my evil Canary loving missus has decided we've watched too much Saints in recent times (bull****) and will be watching the Norwich game instead. It doesn't help my cause that our local only shows ESPN games. So, I figure I either need to find a pub or establishment that shows both ESPN and Sky games AND will be showing both, or I'll have to sit through the poxy Norwich game with SaintsPlayer commentary on the laptop. Any ideas on how to get around this?

As for the game, we're good enough to win it but I'd take a draw. :-)

For some reason that scoreline made me laugh - perhaps not the unlikeliness of it, but the randomness of it.

I would be looking forward to this, but Reading vs Saints on Sky is being played at the same time as Liverpool vs Norwich on ESPN, and while I finish work in time to watch the game, my evil Canary loving missus has decided we've watched too much Saints in recent times (bull****) and will be watching the Norwich game instead. It doesn't help my cause that our local only shows ESPN games. So, I figure I either need to find a pub or establishment that shows both ESPN and Sky games AND will be showing both, or I'll have to sit through the poxy Norwich game with SaintsPlayer commentary on the laptop. Any ideas on how to get around this?

There should be plenty of streams for it because it's on Sky. So long as you have a laptop and an internet connection, you'll be fine!

Assuming you have a sky subscription (which from your post I'm guessing you do!) then you can watch it via the sky website at http://go.sky.com/vod/page/default/home.do

Really? The two games he has missed are against 3rd and 2nd place teams at the time of the match and...

Derby 11 shots - 7 on target

Southampton 15 shots - 9 on target

Southampton 18 shots - 9 on target

West Ham 9 shots - 4 on target

Yes, with Lallana we'd likely create more, but to suggest "we are not creating many chances" without him is clearly wrong.

Sorry MLG but you walked straight into that one. Have you not noticed Dune has recently tried to reinvent himself as a troll? If in doubt see the thread on ticket allocation for Skates away. He repeatedly states we would not sell out our allocation despite tickets having gone to a ballot. The only way the tickets won't sell is if they continue to put people off or make it too difficult to go i.e. only open to season ticket holders. Nobody took his bait there, try to ignore here.

Really looking forward to this one. With a 5.20pm kick off it should help the atmosphere build nicely over the day. Other than the train station boozer, does anyone know if theere are there any other decent pubs in town that we'll be allocated?

in the road opposite the station is a varsity,oneills ,yates,walkabout and pitcher and piano,think we could fill all of them,me personally will be in the walkabout

Sorry MLG but you walked straight into that one. Have you not noticed Dune has recently tried to reinvent himself as a troll? If in doubt see the thread on ticket allocation for Skates away. He repeatedly states we would not sell out our allocation despite tickets having gone to a ballot. The only way the tickets won't sell is if they continue to put people off or make it too difficult to go i.e. only open to season ticket holders. Nobody took his bait there, try to ignore here.

What do you mean reinvent?...............that implies he wasn't a troll before.......

Away games are very tough in this league. Reading will be desperate for a win after their home draw last night, and keen to beat a 'local rival', and of course more keen to beat the team top of the league.

All that makes it extremely difficult for us. I'll go 1-1 but can see a Reading win. Depends how we defend. Hopefully Lallana is back anyway.

Bet anything you like Le Fondre scores against us.

Agreed. Especially the bold bit.

I would be looking forward to this, but Reading vs Saints on Sky is being played at the same time as Liverpool vs Norwich on ESPN, and while I finish work in time to watch the game, my evil Canary loving missus has decided we've watched too much Saints in recent times (bull****) and will be watching the Norwich game instead. It doesn't help my cause that our local only shows ESPN games. So, I figure I either need to find a pub or establishment that shows both ESPN and Sky games AND will be showing both, or I'll have to sit through the poxy Norwich game with SaintsPlayer commentary on the laptop. Any ideas on how to get around this?As for the game, we're good enough to win it but I'd take a draw. :-)

Grow a pair

anyone been reading up about reading pubs?

(do ya see what I did there?)

er, try post #38 above.

There are plenty of pubs between the station and the central shopping area, all within 5 - 10 mins walk. Most / all were happy to let us in last time we played them, colours not a problem

Well as far as news on Lallana - Pilchards (our correspondent from Staplewood) has had his perch chopped down and can no longer watch training or those watching training with or without crutches?

Let's not worry about Lallana as Nigel will only pick him if he is ready! No good saying he was jogging around Staplewood so his foot is OK - he is chomping at the bit (according to Nigel's interview after Tuesday's game) - but he will only play when Nigel knows (not thinks) he is ready. Be nice to see him in with the 4,000-fans if not playing...but then again enthusiasm of some fans might make the injury worse!

I had two, but she took them six years ago when we met.

A stream is the best idea I hadn't thought of. Thank God for mobile broadband.

You need to tell her "Woman footballs on with the saints playin and were watchin it, don't like it b**ger off to your mothers", she will really appeciate you for your manliness and let you watch the saints. Tell her she is your second love after the saints.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

This is going to be a tough one - If we get a point I'll be happy as Reading are going to there or thereabouts for a playoff place come season's end IMO.

Was there last time we played at their place and a **** poor Saints team got a win so lets hope we can do the same again.

Seen as your male tell her to do one... were more powerful for a reason.

As likely as Joseph Mills blocking Lambert's vollies on the goal line.

Probably yes!

But we'll still win 1-2

They have Alex Pearce as well, although i don't think his loan spell can count as one that got away coming back to haunt us.