Reading build up thread

saints-cris

What!? We've got to play MORE games!? Can't we just end the season now, please?

this.

A performance and a result like we had on Tuesday then we ALL know how the BN (before nige) Saints would then let us down in the next one.

There is still something not right about the mind set when we come out on the pitch, that cost us at Derby and needs to be cleared up fast.

We the fans only just managed to get belief. We still haven't yet got "Don't get overconfident" which IS a big part of what NA has achieved.

Another tough match, another point won would be a good result, we ARE on telly AWAY from home remember, not got the best record at that either historically.

So a win would be astonishing, intense and euphoria inducing. A point is a good result against the top half teams, and if we keep winning (most) home games and beating (some of) the bottom half away then our destiny is in our hands.

And don't forget, we'll be in the pub watching so a shortage of Nuns and weather reports from this side of the planet on the match thread

I always have a terrible feeling about games against Reading. I used to live there and used to go and watch them as one of those lower league club, and I have a few friends there, and we do seem to struggle against them. Saying this I think we will win this one as they are pretty crap!! lol

Is it mindset? When teams concede an early goal people talk about concentration etc., but I think we're well prepared and focused. But a goal can come at any time. When you're top and doing well, it's a big game for the home team, so the likes of Leicester and Derby come flying out at you straight from kick off.

Conceding 1 goal isn't so bad. The problem at Derby was not taking 2 chances, and at Leicester we continued to defend badly, then missed chances. Let's focus on the full 90 minutes at least.

Yeah, lets focus on the full 90 minutes at least.

Al Jazeera Sports have to be one of the worst companies in the world when it comes to customer service. Their football schedules online? Still showing last week's games....

So went and googled and found this link

http://liveonsat.com/LJ_foot_b_english.php

Worth putting in your favourites as it shows where ANY game is being shown live and will help to point towards a live stream.

And of course for us down here - Noooooooooo - Effing Al Jiz isn't showing it Arrrgghh. Time to get a Polish Sat receiver then

Al Jazeera Sports have to be one of the worst companies in the world when it comes to customer service. Their football schedules online? Still showing last week's games....

So went and googled and found this link

http://liveonsat.com/LJ_foot_b_english.php

Worth putting in your favourites as it shows where ANY game is being shown live and will help to point towards a live stream.

And of course for us down here - Noooooooooo - Effing Al Jiz isn't showing it Arrrgghh. Time to get a Polish Sat receiver then

Dunno if it helps, but DSTV are showing the full 90 delayed at midnight CAT on SS3.

Dilemma time, SaintsPlayer/Match Thread or wait and watch it on the box (or both)

Guly reminds me a lot like Kebe, if anything he has a better footballing brain. Kebe is a key player in Reading's side (could leave for free at the end of the season too), but I'd like to see Guly show him up tomorrow.

With Fish in their team and a "what might have been" signing of Kaspars Gorkks at the back, it promises to be an interesting day.

anyone got a spare ticket? My boss (a ST holder) got let down by his son and just found out he wasn't bought one. I could earn some brownie points (without giving him my golden ticket) if I managed to find a spare. PM me or reply.

Have always had a totally irrational dislike of Reading. Not hatred, nothing like that, they are not worth it and there is no reason to. Just their plastic fans, coming out of the woodwork in good times and disappearing just as quickly; slagging us off as if we are a close rival when we dont give a monkeys (much like BHA); and the attitude last time we were there and beat them - how dare we bring 4k fans and sing a lot when we are bottom of the league. Do one FFS

Sales approaching the 21000 mark. Capacity 24,161. Woooooo.

http://www.readingfc.co.uk/page/NewsDetail/0,,10306~2489204,00.html

21k? Where have you all been hiding?

Am Buzzing for this Game like I was for the Derby game as we've got a Good chance of showing other teams what were made of and what we can do on TV aswell!

Am going by Coach from Eastleigh with my Mate who I go with and have got a ST with too which should be Good!

Am going to go for 3-1 Saints with Lambert (2!) n Lalanna-(?!) n Chaplow/Fonte for Saints n Le Fondre/Church for Reading but we'l see!

COYR :D!!!

Have always had a totally irrational dislike of Reading. Not hatred, nothing like that, they are not worth it and there is no reason to. Just their plastic fans, coming out of the woodwork in good times and disappearing just as quickly; slagging us off as if we are a close rival when we dont give a monkeys (much like BHA); and the attitude last time we were there and beat them - how dare we bring 4k fans and sing a lot when we are bottom of the league. Do one FFS

I feel very similar to this, but with the exception that I really do fecking hate 'em!!

Chris Packham from Autumnwatch thinks we will win... A new celeb fan ?

Yep suppose to be a Saints fan...I have heard this twice tonight.

Just seen the Reading have drawn with Boro and derby in their least two home games. But we are The Saints, the best team in the league!!!

I have one tkt available (family bereavement of one of the lads i was going with)

It is a 15-21 tkt but you could upgrade it to an adult at their box office on the day.

I will be in the station/pubs area from 1.30 - 3.00, would prefer an early pick up if poss.

Face value (15 quid i think?), pm me on here before 10.30am, thanks

I have one tkt available (family bereavement of one of the lads i was going with)

It is a 15-21 tkt but you could upgrade it to an adult at their box office on the day.

I will be in the station/pubs area from 1.30 - 3.00, would prefer an early pick up if poss.

Don't need the ticket but sorry to hear of your loss :(

I met Chris Packham, he visited my school. Nice chap.

Anyway, I can see this ending up as a 1 - 1 draw, same as Derby last week.

I have to concur with peoples view of Reading fans. In my experience I can only think of MK Dons fans being more limp wristed.

The Franchise don't have fans. They have a collection of mouth breathers.

Chris Packham from Autumnwatch thinks we will win... A new celeb fan ?

My old man was best mates with him all through school etc. His parents still live in Midanbury and yeh, all saints fans. As a kid though, whilst everyone else was playing football on the fields between Meggeson Avenue and Woodmill Lane, he was in the roughage bird watching and searching for the foxes.

My old man was best mates with him all through school etc. His parents still live in Midanbury and yeh, all saints fans. As a kid though, whilst everyone else was playing football on the fields between Meggeson Avenue and Woodmill Lane, he was in the roughage bird watching and searching for the foxes.

He lived in Netley until a few years ago. Used to see him walking his dogs in Victoria Country Park. Nice bloke, would happily stop for a chat.

I think we'll win today, especially if Lallana is back.

Is anyonwe planning on watching the game in a pub in London, in which case which pub? Everywhere I know of is showing Liverpoo vs Norwich

I'm in London for a gig in Brixton tonight and will be trying the Famous 3 Kings in West Kensington, seems to be able to put different games on, according to this: http://www.sportspubs.co.uk/new_detail.php?pubscode=161

There was a thread on London pubs earlier in the week and this one was mentioned.

Bump this, if anybody is looking for a tkt I am here till 10-30am.