Saints for Sale

Guided Missile

Just heard that Saints are up for sale for £75M on promotion to the Premier League. Anyone else heard the same rumour?

Sounds logical to sell or at least sell some equity for further finance. Would certainly be subject to promotion at that sort of cash though

BtW does this mean the Markus Liebherr statue is off now?

Just heard that Saints are up for sale for £75M on promotion to the Premier League. Anyone else heard the same rumour?

Apparently Michael Fialka has just been seen going into his mum's bedroom and smashing her piggy bank open.....

:)

it may be true it may not be true that we are on the market but in essence every business has its price and if the right purchaser makes the right bid at the right time then a sale may or may not happen. Just as it happens with players

as such stories like this are almost certainly 'paper talk' and 'mud-slinging' probably initiated by west ham connections!

IMO these articles are planted to try and destabilise the club at an important time of the season.

Similar happened last year if you remember.

There are some very bitter people behind the scenes who feel the club owes them for some reason and they have not taken kindly to being locked out my Cortese. I think NC referred to ''dark forces'' in the background on a few occasions.

IMO these articles are planted to try and destabilise the club at an important time of the season.

There are some very bitter people behind the scenes who feel the club owes them for some reason and they have not taken kindly to being locked out my Cortese. I think NC referred to ''dark forces'' in the background on a few occasions.

I don't get how exactly rumours like this destabilises anyone at SFC.

The only people effected are a few unstable characters on here, won't make a blind bit of difference to the manager or players.

Question 1: Has there ever been a successful hedge fund takeover of a major football team, and why would a consortium of them (cut-throats partnering with cut-throats) think it would be any different this time?

Question 2: If the club is for sale, why would the Liebherrs even consider a hedge fund when there are very serious, well-monied, "fit and proper" buyers from across the world who are always interested in buying into the Premiership?

Question 3: If Markus was as fond of the Saints and the community as we know him to have been, and if bringing top-level success was one of his main goals at the time of his death, why on earth would the Liebherrs consider selling it to an outfit that is concerned only with money and financial return?

Question 4: If the family knew that one of Markus's dying dreams was for the club to become established in the Premier League and eventually compete in the Champions' League (in Europe - their playground), and if they have oodles of money to the point at which the Saints are barely a blip on the financial radar screen, why on earth would they sell it at all?

Question 5: Assuming that the only logical answers to these questions is "because Nicola has lost interest and wants to get out", why would Nicola want to get out just as we're on the verge of joining the kind of playing field that he and his ego relish?

I'm not saying that there is no foundation at all to the rumours - just that they fly in the face of a lot of logic.

Question 1: Has there ever been a successful hedge fund takeover of a major football team, and why would a consortium of them (cut-throats partnering with cut-throats) think it would be any different this time?

Question 2: If the club is for sale, why would the Liebherrs even consider a hedge fund when there are very serious, well-monied, "fit and proper" buyers from across the world who are always interested in buying into the Premiership?

Question 3: If Markus was as fond of the Saints and the community as we know him to have been, and if bringing top-level success was one of his main goals at the time of his death, why on earth would the Liebherrs consider selling it to an outfit that is concerned only with money and financial return?

Question 4: If the family knew that one of Markus's dying dreams was for the club to become established in the Premier League and eventually compete in the Champions' League (in Europe - their playground), and if they have oodles of money to the point at which the Saints are barely a blip on the financial radar screen, why on earth would they sell it at all?

Question 5: Assuming that the only logical answers to these questions is "because Nicola has lost interest and wants to get out", why would Nicola want to get out just as we're on the verge of joining the kind of playing field that he and his ego relish?

I'm not saying that there is no foundation at all to the rumours - just that they fly in the face of a lot of logic.

Looks on the money to me Bill. Did you get back in one go?

Good post, man.

This is simply sh*t stirring.

Looks on the money to me Bill. Did you get back in one go?

Yep. The barstewards may have cost me the Ipswich game with their sh*t-for-brains connection screw-up, but at least they got us home on time.

I'd much rather have made the Ipswich game and arrived home late, mind! Still, it was brilliant to see you guys again. And two wins out of two. Not to mention the pies.

Yep. The barstewards may have cost me the Ipswich game with their sh*t-for-brains connection screw-up, but at least they got us home on time.

I'd much rather have made the Ipswich game and arrived home late, mind! Still, it was brilliant to see you guys again. And two wins out of two. Not to mention the pies.

You are up early. Make sure you take the dog this time:lol:

Mr Versey who post the goal.com article seems to have an interesting past

is this the same guy?

A journalist arrested after going undercover to investigate airport security walked free from court after the case against him was dropped.

Wayne Veysey, former Shropshire Star reporter and originally from Shrewsbury, applied for a cleaning job at Heathrow Airport just months after 11 September terrorist attacks.

Mr Veysey, now a reporter for the London Evening Standard, was arrested after a false reference from his father was discovered, Harrow Crown Court heard on Thursday.

The Judge described the Crown Prosecution Service's decision to drop the case as "extremely realistic", adding that subterfuge was acceptable in matters of public interest.

Denied charges

The court heard Mr Veysey's 57-year-old father David, who runs a corner shop in Porthill Gardens in Shrewsbury, provided his son with a reference and pretended they were not related.

They were both arrested and charged with attempting to obtain a pecuniary advantage.

The two denied the charges and they were sent for trial.

Mr Veysey, of Sutton Court Road, Chiswick, west London, and his father agreed to be bound over to keep the peace for 12 months in the sum of £250.

is this the same guy?

A journalist arrested after going undercover to investigate airport security walked free from court after the case against him was dropped.

Wayne Veysey, former Shropshire Star reporter and originally from Shrewsbury, applied for a cleaning job at Heathrow Airport just months after 11 September terrorist attacks.

Mr Veysey, now a reporter for the London Evening Standard, was arrested after a false reference from his father was discovered, Harrow Crown Court heard on Thursday.

The Judge described the Crown Prosecution Service's decision to drop the case as "extremely realistic", adding that subterfuge was acceptable in matters of public interest.

Denied charges

The court heard Mr Veysey's 57-year-old father David, who runs a corner shop in Porthill Gardens in Shrewsbury, provided his son with a reference and pretended they were not related.

They were both arrested and charged with attempting to obtain a pecuniary advantage.

Mr Veysey, of Sutton Court Road, Chiswick, west London, and his father agreed to be bound over to keep the peace for 12 months in the sum of £250.

Seems like (a) a successful public interest defence; and (b) the judge was unimpressed with the prosecution.

Why do people put this sort of codswallop about - they seem determined to damage the club. It is a load of ****ing crap.

If it's all bolox, it can't damage the club at all. Cortese can just address the staff internally and that'll be it.

is this the same guy?

Denied charges

To be fair, that sounds like a bit of investigative journalism more than anything else. If anything it shows the lengths he's willing to go for a story.

I think those "bitter" people have moved on, especially as they are fans and must be pleased with the club's progress. No I think this is a destabilisation story emanating from London journos. If the Liebherr family sell it will be to Nicola Cortese.

I think those "bitter" people have moved on, especially as they are fans and must be pleased with the club's progress. No I think this is a destabilisation story emanating from London journos. If the Liebherr family sell it will be to Nicola Cortese.

That's what I thought - he mentioned he knew several folk interested - suspect these are his banking friends - banking - leads to hedge funds (they well indeed be hedge fund maanagers who knows, but suspect what was hinted at was more likely a private deal...who knows, but right the garden looks rosey.

(Cant believe my 5000th post was spo dull.... oh well sits well the 4999 then!)

I think its the West Hams vain attempt to destablise the club as they try everything to win automatic promotion.

Mr Vesey is full of crap. pleanty off stuff on him if you google

has an opinion on everything

Even these tweets

K Wise ‏ @WizzyWise

Reply RetweetedRetweet

Delete

FavoritedFavorite · Close Open Details @wayneveysey what a load of bull. & by the way the accounts have been released already. #lazyjourno #Saintsfc

Wayne Veysey

‏ @wayneveysey Follow Following

Unfollow

Blocked

Unblock

Pending

Cancel @WizzyWise You can't be that wise, as actually the accounts haven't been published.

11:02 AM - 29 Mar 12 via Twitter for Android · Embed this Tweet

Reply RetweetedRetweet

Delete

FavoritedFavorite

· Close Open Details

6h K Wise ‏ @WizzyWise

Reply RetweetedRetweet Delete FavoritedFavorite · Close Open Details

@wayneveysey Lets see shall we. Surname ****taking a? lol. Can u reveal your source for this story please Mr Neveysey?

Actually, I started this rumour on here about two weeks ago when speculating about what Cortese would say in his (then) forthcoming press interview. Let's face it if we make the PL he will have achieved his mentor's aim of returning to the PL within 5 years and he will have beaten all his targets by two years - with a jolly good bonus to come and time to be promoted to a real job in the Liebherr empire.

Actually, I started this rumour on here about two weeks ago when speculating about what Cortese would say in his (then) forthcoming press interview. Let's face it if we make the PL he will have achieved his mentor's aim of returning to the PL within 5 years and he will have beaten all his targets by two years - with a jolly good bonus to come and time to be promoted to a real job in the Liebherr empire.

The plan isn't just to get back to the Prem, it is to succeed there - otherwise spending all the money on the team would be the way to go rather than developing the infrastructure.

Cortese will only just have started. Football is an addictive business and I think he will like mixing it at the top table of English football...

I take it you don't know Nicola is on the board of the Mali group then?

The plan isn't just to get back to the Prem, it is to succeed there - otherwise spending all the money on the team would be the way to go rather than developing the infrastructure.

Cortese will only just have started. Football is an addictive business and I think he will like mixing it at the top table of English football...

My thoughts exactly. If the aim was just to get to the prem, we'd have more than likely just done a west hoof and bought a load of lumps that score and got in allardyce to manage us. The style of play seems to have been very important indeed to NC from day 1, why would he have been concerned about that if his sole raison d'etre was getting us back to the prem then selling up? The whole project has all the hallmarks of exactly that; a project. I also suspect that Cortese isn't doing it just for the money, he probably already has as much of that as he can ever use.

My thoughts exactly. If the aim was just to get to the prem, we'd have more than likely just done a west hoof and bought a load of lumps that score and got in allardyce to manage us. The style of play seems to have been very important indeed to NC from day 1, why would he have been concerned about that if his sole raison d'etre was getting us back to the prem then selling up? The whole project has all the hallmarks of exactly that; a project. I also suspect that Cortese isn't doing it just for the money, he probably already has as much of that as he can ever use.
All very, very naive.

I can't speculate on any of the above, other than to suggest that Markus and his family did not get rich by accident. And whatever his intention with the football club, the quickest way to a small fortune is to start with a big fortune and buy a football club... If they were to sell for a profit no-one could blame them.