Saints Promoted - Post Season Chat

Red and White Army

Just well done to Adkins and the team. What a fantastic season. Adkins is an incredible guy, did you see how how much it meant to him. What a change from the likes of Allerdyce.

One of the good days!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

7 years ago I was logged on here in silence, just to be here with my fellow fans. Lump in throat and emotional.

Since then it has been a roller coaster that saw us fro lower than I could ever have imagined possible, to the brink of no existence.

The last 3 years have been phenomenal , a meteoric rise of a classy team under sublime management with decent financial backing and top quality facilities.

Through all of this the only single constant has been us, the fans. I have been on here since SFE as have most of you. I don't often post much of value I know but it has been a great honour to share the ride with you all.

I know it's soppy but I want to give a heartfelt thanks to everyone on here, I know I don't really 'know you'. But we are all linked in our love for the club.

7 years ago I was logged on here in silence, just to be here with my fellow fans. Lump in throat and emotional.

Since then it has been a roller coaster that saw us fro lower than I could ever have imagined possible, to the brink of no existence.

The last 3 years have been phenomenal , a meteoric rise of a classy team under sublime management with decent financial backing and top quality facilities.

Through all of this the only single constant has been us, the fans. I have been on here since SFE as have most of you. I don't often post much of value I know but it has been a great honour to share the ride with you all.

I know it's soppy but I want to give a heartfelt thanks to everyone on here, I know I don't really 'know you'. But we are all linked in our love for the club.

You soppy buggar!!!

Man-hug please!!!? :D

Hah! I just found an old reed to my bombarde (an example

) ... a very loud and piercing sound if any of you have ever been to Brittany - and just played OWTSGMI on it from my 4th floor balcony over my little Italian town. Feeling as soppy and tipsy as anything...

Oh, and Alps, sorry for your loss. I like to think they're a few old friends and rellies somewhere sharing our joy.

Beautiful mate.

In 2012, no one died!!!

Me too.

I couldnt watch.

I couldnt listen.

I occupied myself with DIY and my sons U8 football tournament.

I've just logged in to get the news with my heart pounding out my chest and shaking hands.

I am totally overcome with emotion.

God I love and miss Southampton and Southampton Football Club.

Well done to players, management and fans.

And a big, big thankyou to Markus Liebherr. Hope you were watching today, big guy.

And I hope my brother-in-law who passed on in his sleep on Sunday night was watching and enjoying it too.....

Alps we all love you really especially today.

Many commiserations for your Brother in Law

Was trying to be all blokey, you know no girly welling up... just totally ecstatic.... then our NIge is interviewed and says 'pride' with tears in his eyes and not ashamed to say it got me.... He deserves this more than anyone IMHO - then all the lads, the staff and NC - what a totally great time they will be having and so thoroughly deserved.... and finally to all teh fans whether you've been to 46 or 1 game this seaosn and cheered the lads on - superb today, no nervousness - what a day for SFC - take a fricken bow, Nige, take a bow!

Absolutely brilliant to be back in the top flight. Hats off to NA and all the team and the owners and NC.

Already steaming and will be celebrating through to the early hours.

The support has been brilliant this season and I think every supporter of saints deserves a medal for sticking with it through some really tough times.

COYR

What a last 3 years. Something to celebrate each year. JPT, Promotion & Promotion.

Love being a Saint always, but these days are special.

Yep, we have had an incredible time. It has been a long road back with many twists and turns, but we are back in the promised land. The sun is shining, the blossom smells sweet and the land flows with milk and honey. Cheers !

7 years ago I watched the horror unfold in a bar here in Sheffield. At full time I was crying into my pint when the guy who had been stood next to me for most of the game introduced himself as a pompey fan. He was very gracious and I ended up necking vodka shots at the bar with him before going to meet some mates at another pub where I apparently got up and did OWTSGMI on karaoke wearing my Saints top.

I didn't think it would ever get any lower than that and had no idea of the rollercoaster that was to follow. But you know what? All of other was worth it. All the hours and pennies I have invested in supporting Saints; all the years of struggle, frustration and hurt; all of it was building up to this moment today and I was actually in tears watching Jive struggling to hold back the emotion and the look of sheer joy on Rickie's face as he was held aloft by the fans on the pitch.

Since I left Southampton in 2004 this site and its predecessors have been an absolute lifeline for me and enabled me to feel a part of it all still despite the distance. So proud right now - words can't describe it. All of the petty bickering on this site suddenly seems so irrelevant. How I wish I was in Southampton to join the party tonight. However you all choose to celebrate and wherever you are, remember you are not alone.

I remember being on here 7 years ago too. I swore I would remember Keane doing his thumbs down. Well today is the day I forget. Well done to all the boys - I am emotional and over the moon.

Micky Channon on Twitter - "Southampton Football Club. Brilliant stuff. Nigel, the lads and most important of all the Saints fans. Have a great celebration"

Love you Micky. Love you Saints :-)