Saints Promoted - Post Season Chat

Red and White Army

I've never really rated him and never really not rated him, but I thought Corky was excellent today.

Every time we've put together one of those 24-pass moves, and I've gone back to watch it again, I've usually seen something I missed at the time - that Cork made 4 or 5 of the passes. Nothing spectacular, just very neat and efficient.

And he put in a couple of very decent final balls today as well.

A day that will live long in the memory. Today we rose to the occasion and once we got to grips with the game Coventry were startled and very very limited, which we exploited very well. They put in a decent shift to be fair to them, but they couldn't contain us.

I always felt we'd do it, it's been an amazing season - actually, a breathtaking season. I said at the start of the season that we should expect to be in and around the top 10, pushing for the top 6. But to end the season 2nd, without ever falling out of the top 2 at any point is just remarkable and it takes some real management and mental toughness to see that through. That's why people need to relax a little about next year and stop all these posts about us needing to acquire 6,7, 8 new players, because that will just ruin what we've done for the past 2 years.

Lessons can be learned from Norwich and Swansea, get yourself promoted playing a decent style of football and with a nucleus of players that can step up. We have that.

Then all you need to do is add premier league quality into key positions to improve the squad depth.

I wouldn't bet against us surprising more next year because the togetherness of this squad is 2nd to none. What they've achieved together is amazing, they must all feel 10 foot tall and when they look around at each-other in the dressing room and acknowledge what they've achieved TOGETHER. This team needs to be trusted and it will do us proud next year in the premier league.

Happy days Hypo!

Very very pleased with us today. Not only did we do better than anyone imagined, we saw it through and actually achieved something. Wasn't that bothered about promotion back to the NPC as I felt that was where we should be at the very least. This is a great feeling and Adkins and the players deserve every credit.

Thank you to Marcus, his family, to Nicola and to Nigel. Without any of them this simply would not have happened. God Knows what the future holds, but if we hold true to Marcus' legacy, remember where we have come from and have trust and faith in both Nicola and Nigel, who may now need to learn the next level, then we have exciting times ahead. I see us as the New Arsenal, and Nigel as our Wenger! Great support, went to the game and I'm now watching it on BBC iplayer! We sang our hearts out and it shows. We deserve this promotion and I can't wait to see the lads in the Premier next season. Lastly great job to all the players. Kelvin, fox, harding, martin, Jos, Fonte, Richardson, Butter-me-up-field, Lallana, Holmes, Guly, Punch, Chappers, Hammond, Morgan, Jacky Corkedo, Ward Prowse, stephens, Connoly, Sharp, Rickie, Lee and Barnard, and Bartoz and anyone else I have forgotten!! You played your hearts out for us and it is a magic day!!! Long live the Saints!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Absolutely wonderful day. Hope every moment was savoured by all. WE ARE BACK. On the pitch celebrations were great and was proud to be a part of it, will treasure the memories.

Thought we played well today. So happy for Guly to prove the doubters wrong. He was awesome today (anyone who says different is deluded imo).

Morgan showed us what we'd been missing, the best CM at the club in my opinion.

Looking forward to seeing this team prosper next season in the PREMIER LEAGUE (feels so good to say that)

A day that will live long in the memory. Today we rose to the occasion and once we got to grips with the game Coventry were startled and very very limited, which we exploited very well. They put in a decent shift to be fair to them, but they couldn't contain us.

I always felt we'd do it, it's been an amazing season - actually, a breathtaking season. I said at the start of the season that we should expect to be in and around the top 10, pushing for the top 6. But to end the season 2nd, without ever falling out of the top 2 at any point is just remarkable and it takes some real management and mental toughness to see that through. That's why people need to relax a little about next year and stop all these posts about us needing to acquire 6,7, 8 new players, because that will just ruin what we've done for the past 2 years.

Lessons can be learned from Norwich and Swansea, get yourself promoted playing a decent style of football and with a nucleus of players that can step up. We have that.

Then all you need to do is add premier league quality into key positions to improve the squad depth.

I wouldn't bet against us surprising more next year because the togetherness of this squad is 2nd to none. What they've achieved together is amazing, they must all feel 10 foot tall and when they look around at each-other in the dressing room and acknowledge what they've achieved TOGETHER. This team needs to be trusted and it will do us proud next year in the premier league.

This!

Congratulations and a huge thank-you to each and every Saints player, to Nigel and his staff, to Nicola and the Liebherr family and to all the fans, especially those responsible for this website!

Congratulations and a huge thank-you to each and every Saints player, to Nigel and his staff, to Nicola and the Liebherr family and to all the fans, especially those responsible for this website!

What a fantastic day! I have had a foreboding about being eight points above second since 1949 and we were there again at the beginning of this year. This time we are a different class and despite a few blips we have made it (promotion) in some style. Like a lot of us I felt quite emotional from the time we scored the second, but when I played the u tube clip from suewhistle (post29?) and heard OWTSGMI by L.Armstrong, I confess to tears of joy. Well done everybody and isn't our Nigel quite a legend already? :D:D:D:D

I agree with the post about Gaby Logan being the best football presenter too!

When we got relegated to the third tier I did not think I would ever see Saints in the Premiership in my lifetime. There I was today, on the pitch with my Son and two Grandsons enjoying the celebrations with the rest of the Fans, knowing what a great journey we now have before us. Congratulations to Nigel and the Team and many thanks to Markus and Nicola.

Brilliant day, so much anxiety during the week, thought we were going to feck it up. Began to believe after the second goal. Brilliant to share this with my nipper.

Thought Guly and Jose were immense today, Morgan as well (esepcially after Deano went off). I think Jos must also be candidate for signing of the season, not just a great player but also a great character. Great scenes at the end, just a pity we didn't have that trophy to cap it all off. Adkins is a star, lets hope he does the bizz in the PL, I'm sure he can. Thanks to Markus, the only time I almost got emotional today was when he was mentioned. I think we all owe a great deal to Nicola as well, he seldom seems to get the accolades, but this season especially he has just got on with things in the background, top bloke. Good to see Chung joining in the celebrations, I am sure he will be a star next season.

Best moment today, seeing the lineo leg it from the Kingsland several seconds before the final whistle, the ref must have given him the nod, absolute classic.

I just want to be there when the lightning strikes

And the Saints go marching in

Edited by VectisSaint

Fantastic few hours in the guide dog . Even miserable guts alpine was mentioned . Kept singing thecwoolston ferry anthem and many saints songs even made up with Clive foley not a bad lad . Good to

Meet up with a couple of fellow posters and then went for an excellent meal with an old mate in the jewel in the crown in shurley . A new chant stick yet bubbles up yet arse stick yet bubbles up yet arse back to Orkney tomorrow lunch time