Saints Promoted - Post Season Chat

Red and White Army

Nightmare trip over delayed flight screaming kids, horrid traffic diversions screwing up my evening with Daughter. But knew then that I had had my bad day for the weekend and nothing would stop it being massive.

Thanks Shroppie. Great spot up in Itchen North SO LOUD.

From the off we were Cool. Calm, Comnfidenmt and in Control and it just got better and better.

Great day, great afters in Kingsland Tavern then back in Salisbury. Now sipping a glass of bubbles to celebrate at a cold wet & windy Heathrow.

We are Premier League. The Journey Continues

And loads of pics/vids to download!

That was a great day yesterday. Atmosphere in the stadium was awesome. Was straight off to the pub once I got home to Reading and am now ready to start on the champagne that wife considerately put on ice.

Have watched a recording of the game and must admit that it almost brought a happy tear to my eye to see the all the joy at the end. Now it's time to enjoy a summer full of sport with the anticipation of seeing Saints once again making life uncomfortable for the 'elite'.

That was a great day yesterday. Atmosphere in the stadium was awesome. Was straight off to the pub once I got home to Reading and am now ready to start on the champagne that wife considerately put on ice.

Have watched a recording of the game and must admit that it almost brought a happy tear to my eye to see the all the joy at the end. Now it's time to enjoy a summer full of sport with the anticipation of seeing Saints once again making life uncomfortable for the 'elite'.

We are the 'elite' now!

Anybody who has not seen this should have a look, absolutely superb !!

I like Clem, but I don't think he should have brought up Sharps' difficult year. Billy is obviously going to be full of emotion about it, it didn't need mentioning. Aside from that, it was a great watch.

I like Clem, but I don't think he should have brought up Sharps' difficult year. Billy is obviously going to be full of emotion about it, it didn't need mentioning. Aside from that, it was a great watch.

You could tell he realised it was a mistake straight away, which is why he told Billy to go be with the rest of the team. To be fair it must be tough, he's got to interview people who have no interest in talking to him at that point.

What a fabulous day and season. The highs outweighing the lows for the 2nd year running - the bus keeps motoring.

Nice to see the 12,000 fans, who couldnt be bothered to support the team after relegation, come back for the glory.

What a day what a season !!!

Was away in Portugal for the week, and on saturday we were waiting for our flight home at 7.30 ( booted out of our villa at 10).

All the pubs had the Westham game on, so got goal updates from the father inlaw (not the best way)

But all good in the end, as we were able to get one of the bars to change all of his 8 tv`s to bbc just in time to see us score our 4th, and to watch the amazing scene`s at the end.

Gutted we could`nt be there, but judging by how nerves I was that day prob best I was`nt lol

Glad you enjoyed it, but sorry you got lost. The seat should have been in Kingsland North ;)

Cracked open the whisky last night as a hair of the dog. Many thanks!

Oh yeah it was. Just realized that from the pics I've finally downloaded... (Link on pic fred)

Oh dear. seems the Big Picture is ingrained on the memory but the finer points are, for some STRANGE reason, very Hazy.

I must admit to picking up a bottle of Old Pulteney pn the way home to celebrate with while I watch the game again and again over the summer months

Just open the bottle of champagne that's been on ice now I am home and my liver has recovered

Treated myself to a bottle of Old Pulteney 21 Year Old at LHR Duty Free.

Just decided that now it has sunk in, tonight was the moment..............

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhh

• 10 years later...
23 minutes ago, WestMidSaint said:

That’s a sad read. I remember being so happy and proud. You can feel it when you read back. 

All that hard work then and over the following 4-5 years has been completely trashed. I honestly can’t get across how angry I am. 

11 years in the Premier League is actually a good achievement. How many other clubs have done it? Let's rebuild, do it again and have another glory day like this one. 

Reminder of the only teams to be on a longer stint in the Premier League than us:

Arsenal

Man City

Man Utd

Tottenham

Liverpool

Chelsea

Everton (going down with us?)

Most teams could only dream of 11 years in the top division, and 27 years before that. 

The problem we have now is that it’s more likely we do a Coventry/Blackburn and stay down here for years, especially if we don’t bounce straight back. 

• Like 1

So much hard work to get us there, the battle with Huddersifled in league 1 every week (we won, they won, it was relentless). Then the mental toughness to stay top 2 in the Champ all season, and that Leeds away game....they were just not being beaten. 

Just imagine how Fonte, Lambo, Lallana,. Morgan, Hammond, Jos feel now watching these clowns toss away all that hard work and effort. Not even valiantly toss away either, just give up.

That Promotion team united everyone, a real affinity with the City. This current lot will be forever despised as our worst ever team.

Edited by S-Clarke

1 hour ago, S-Clarke said:

So much hard work to get us there, the battle with Huddersifled in league 1 every week (we won, they won, it was relentless). Then the mental toughness to stay top 2 in the Champ all season, and that Leeds away game....they were just not being beaten. 

Just imagine how Fonte, Lambo, Lallana,. Morgan, Hammond, Jos feel now watching these clowns toss away all that hard work and effort. Not even valiantly toss away either, just give up.

That Promotion team united everyone, a real affinity with the City. This current lot will be forever despised as our worst ever team.

Well said. 

I know it’s banded about often, and usually it’s hyperbole, but the current bunch of pathetic wankers are a disgrace to the shirt.