Saints Promoted - Post Season Chat

Red and White Army

It's amazing had texts from my mum and dad, my cousins, my brother, mates back in southampton, relatives in Australia ! all telling me how happy they are, most of them telling me that they are in floods of tears. This means so much to so many people.

With just a few additions I also believe we will cause some surprises in the premier league next year, we are quality :D

I've been a season ticket holder for the last three years now...

What an incredible time to start :D

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Absolutely incredible.

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

I am in the Maldives right now -was too nervous to follow on the radio so had to walk around the island several times to distract me! Wish I was in Soton right now though! Good times

Onwards to the Premier League!

i've been a season ticket holder for the last three years now...

What an incredible time to start :D

woooooooooooooooooooooooooo!

Absolutely incredible.

Woooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!

PLASTIC !!! :lol: ;)

Some of you youngsters are gonna have to get used to what we have lived with for many years - losing more than we win - the last 2 seasons have been unbelievable - next year will be different, but kicking one of the big boys arses is great too - just don't expect to win every week.

Just watched the best bits on iplayer. What I wouldn't give to have been there, fantastic.

The goals

The atmosphere

The fans

The pitch invasion at the end

Hearing Amarillo played on the PA :lol:

Adkins celebrating the goals

Chaplow going mental on live TV as Dean Hammond said a naughty :D

The Saints are going up!!!

I never cried when we were relegated the first time, or the second. I came close when Markus dies and I'm even closer now watching those scenes.

Get in!!!

Get in!!!

PLASTIC !!! :lol: ;)

next year will be different, but kicking one of the big boys arses is great too - just don't expect to win every week.

Actually, I'm looking forward to being able to avoid the wrath of the missus as i will probably be able to do some of that stupid girly crap she wants me to do with her on a saturday.....There should be a few matches that are just not that important due to being mid table (Best scenario)

It's not like I don't wish we could storm the PL, but it won't happen. These last 3 years though, have totally consumed every single Saturday. Mrs. Ohio has been less than impressed about that!! ;)

Let's all just man up and weep with joy. No shame in it. :)

Sh!t is my web cam on lve??

So many text from friends and relatives all around the world savouring this moment - I'm just an emotional wreck - especially after thinking I wasn't going to see the game but Al Jism showed it despite what thier schedule said!! Not the best build up!! Because of that only 2 of us in the pub - but everybody else knew we were going up haha.!!

Words can't describe how I am feeling right now. 7 years ago I was in Turkey. Felt like the world had come to an end. Didn't think it could get any worse ... Until relegation 3 years ago, along with admin and the threat of going out of existence.

What a turn around. Thank you Marcus and Nicola for bringing the club back from the brink. For bringing Nigel to the team. The last 3 years have been amazing. Thank you to the team for holding their nerve when it mattered.

Watch out Premier League the Saints are coming

7 years ago I watched the horror unfold in a bar here in Sheffield. At full time I was crying into my pint when the guy who had been stood next to me for most of the game introduced himself as a pompey fan. He was very gracious and I ended up necking vodka shots at the bar with him before going to meet some mates at another pub where I apparently got up and did OWTSGMI on karaoke wearing my Saints top.

I didn't think it would ever get any lower than that and had no idea of the rollercoaster that was to follow. But you know what? All of other was worth it. All the hours and pennies I have invested in supporting Saints; all the years of struggle, frustration and hurt; all of it was building up to this moment today and I was actually in tears watching Jive struggling to hold back the emotion and the look of sheer joy on Rickie's face as he was held aloft by the fans on the pitch.

Since I left Southampton in 2004 this site and its predecessors have been an absolute lifeline for me and enabled me to feel a part of it all still despite the distance. So proud right now - words can't describe it. All of the petty bickering on this site suddenly seems so irrelevant. How I wish I was in Southampton to join the party tonight. However you all choose to celebrate and wherever you are, remember you are not alone.

Full respect, Sir

What a day and what a way to clinch promotion! Despite the fact we should have nailed this weeks ago, today's result has made going up that little bit sweeter. Massive congratulations to all the Saints fans that have travelled and turned up in great numbers over the last few years. Today's spectacle proves SFC is deserving of a 'big club' title. Well done lads and lasses; I hope you enjoy the evening!

Now that Poopey are long gone, it's about time we took back our rightful place as South Coast top dogs.....Saints IS the South once again!

So, so proud of Southampton Football Club and its loyal fans........

I see the KUMB thread congratulating us has been closed due to a girly hissy fit by a mod! :lol:

It has. Which despite all their bluster is the true representation of how much it hurts for their 'mighty' team to be pushed aside from 'their God given right' to auto promortin by the likes of SFC and RFC.

Oh the sweet revenge of this day. Taste it, treasure it and saviour for the years of your life.

All you that are young, there are not many days like this. But, this is what supporting a real team is all about !

It is days like this that burn in our souls during the dark stormy days !

We are Southampton, the Saints ! WE ARE MARCHING ON !

Was trying to be all blokey' date=' you know no girly welling up... just totally ecstatic.... then our NIge is interviewed and says 'pride' with tears in his eyes and not ashamed to say it got me.... He deserves this more than anyone IMHO - then all the lads, the staff and NC - what a totally great time they will be having and so thoroughly deserved.... and finally to all teh fans whether you've been to 46 or 1 game this seaosn and cheered the lads on - superb today, no nervousness - what a day for SFC - take a fricken bow, Nige, take a bow![/quote']

Christ you big wuss! Crying after the match? I was crying from the moment the first goal went in! But highly strung you see.

What a feeling! Well done one and all. COYS!

7 years ago I watched the horror unfold in a bar here in Sheffield. At full time I was crying into my pint when the guy who had been stood next to me for most of the game introduced himself as a pompey fan. He was very gracious and I ended up necking vodka shots at the bar with him before going to meet some mates at another pub where I apparently got up and did OWTSGMI on karaoke wearing my Saints top.

I didn't think it would ever get any lower than that and had no idea of the rollercoaster that was to follow. But you know what? All of other was worth it. All the hours and pennies I have invested in supporting Saints; all the years of struggle, frustration and hurt; all of it was building up to this moment today and I was actually in tears watching Jive struggling to hold back the emotion and the look of sheer joy on Rickie's face as he was held aloft by the fans on the pitch.

Since I left Southampton in 2004 this site and its predecessors have been an absolute lifeline for me and enabled me to feel a part of it all still despite the distance. So proud right now - words can't describe it. All of the petty bickering on this site suddenly seems so irrelevant. How I wish I was in Southampton to join the party tonight. However you all choose to celebrate and wherever you are, remember you are not alone.

Great post Bexy, sums up how I feel too.

What a day... It has to sink in now that this is one of those days that will forever be part of the history of the club, except it is more than just a historic day because consecutive promotions are very rare. That Norwich did it in the previous two seasons does nothing to diminish what an amazing achievement this has been and that as today’s fans we have been privileged to see it.

tears from this old fool today because of the joy in my 2 lads (23 and 17) eyes, they were on to the pitch at the end, and this old fool kept thinking " so proud that they have followed my love for the club even through the barren 7 years so pleased they have experienced today.

Well .... okay, they achieved the objective today, so credit for that. We were actually poor, but it didn't matter as Coventry were wretched (not their fault with their resources.)

Absolute rubbish. We were not poor and it's not like it matters anyway. Just log off and don't post for a while if that's your attitude. Enjoy promotion.

My oldest lad was born in 1999.

All the time he has been interested in football all his Man Ure & Chelsea supporting mates have said "Who the F**K are Southampton"

Well he will go to school on Monday and say "We are Southampton were Premier League"

Please tell me you mistyped the name. He was absolutely dreadful, and I'm NOT one of anti-Guly brigade. 3 yard passes. Added nothing, and should have been taken off - or not played at all.

Please don't spoil the show with moronic comments.. Guly and Schneiderlin were the best players on the park