West Brom V Saints Match Thread!!

SOTONS EAST SIDE

Nobody wants the ball do they ? You can tell how little confidence they have in themselves or the team.

Watch how many times the defence or davis/morgan get the ball and have no pass on !! Criminal, it either ends up a long ball or going backwards.

WBA are the opposite, breaking in numbers, showing for each other. We look amateur

Gaston has been pretty poor out there, putting us into many difficult situations at the back with his sloppy retention. At the mo, he's making us weaker with his poor passing.

Overall they've been poor, it's been a pretty flat game devoid of much activity, but we've still conceded a goal.

We started okay but look a bit nervous. After their goal everything feel apart. We need to play higher up the pitch with the whole team pressing them into making mistakes. Because our defense and Schneiderlin are so scared they back off to much which creates acres of space in the midfield for WBA to pass through.

We need to start playing like a team now!

Set up wrong for me. Get JRod off for Mayuka and go 4-2-3-1 or 4-3-3. Morgan and Davis need to sit. This long ball rubbish is playing into their hands and giving them possession back cheaply. Not enough interplay up front as a result so their fullbacks have free reign to attack ours.

Technically and tactically we are poor , we can't pass , can't tackle and can't we hold the ball up . Lack of passion , enthusiasm or urgency. I don't even want to watch the second half because it is all so very predictable. Time for a change and now. Yoshida is a League one player at best .

Unfortunately I'm coming around to that way of thinking. The man seems incapable of learning from our many mistakes; its the same sh*t every single time, its so predictable, you just know how we're going to concede.

Should have been two down there. We are so simple to play against (and through). To stay up we need to become hard to beat; I don't think Nigel can make us that.

I'm starting to agree too, sadly. That's a horrible lineup away. 442 basically with zonal marking. Full backs are exposed and the wide players are roaming leaving them with no real options when in possession. The two men up top can't get into the game as the cm's are over run and can't feed them.

It's a naive team selection with naive tactics. We ain't learning.

This game reminds me of the game at home to Vila. Lets hope for the same second half. I do not think they are on their game at all.

I think they've looked poor, but we've equally look as poor if not worse at times.

At least they look solid when we attack, so in that sense it's probably a deserved lead for them!

Still plenty more in this game, but we now have to score, so I can see plenty more openings for WBA.

4-5 anyone?

Yoshida & Schneiderlin look lightweight, full backs too narrow, Gaston doesn't look fit or happy playing RM Too much hoof-ball from Yoshida, Fonte & Clyne.

It's not even like West Brom have played well, Mulumbu looks class, the rest are merely well organised and workman-like.

Well. Let's look on the bright side.

That should shut the Mike Bassett's on here & at SMS up.

We just watched Saints try to play 4-4-fecking 2 in the PL. It was DREADFUL

JRod out right for 15 mins then bring on Mayuka and Gaston in the centre in 4-2-3-1 and we MIGHT not look so awful 2nd half

Yoshida & Schneiderlin look lightweight, full backs too narrow, Gaston doesn't look fit or happy playing RM Too much hoof-ball from Yoshida, Fonte & Clyne.

It's not even like West Brom have played well, Mulumbu looks class, the rest are merely well organised and workman-like.

I still stand by what I said in that we need a strong CM in there, we're too easy to brush off the ball in the middle of the park. Decent ball players, but no strength and grit in there.

We just seem to be outpaced in every department. We look slow, hesitant, can't seem to get close to the man.

We've got no pace in the attack, get Mayuka out there. Rodriguez has been easy to defend against today, and Rickie aint been much better.