West Brom V Saints Match Thread!!

SOTONS EAST SIDE

If nothing else I hope that Adkins realises that AL is not captain material. Don't know about the players but he isn't inspiring me much! As others have said leaving us too exposed on the flanks and his crap interchanges with fox are getting embarrassing. If you're going to cross Danny do it from 10yrds further up the field at least so it won't just float nicely to foster!!!

JRod is our best player so far! Can't believe people want him off. He's constantly tracking back and defending from the front. Saying that, the rest of them are awful. We have to face it, we don't have the players to play the 'Southampton way'. We need some pace and players that can pass the ball. This lot can't do it.

Lallana is so overrated. Offered Fox no support for their goal, but as per usual Fox will get the blame on here.

He's an attacking midfielder. He's shown that he's simply not capable of playing as a disciplined left sided midfielder. He got away with it in L1 and the Championship as we attacked more than we defended. Being shown up severely this season; which is a shame as he's clearly a huge talent on the ball. In this league I think he can only prosper in the #10 role; which is exactly where Ramirez should be too.

In short, we don't have the players to play the formation we need to.

It seems like the performance gets worse each game and I can't remember seeing a team so disorganised. It looks like nobody knows their roll out there - they are all over the place. The two centre backs are actually doing OK but are doing the defensive work of the whole team. Midfield is so far from the defence that they are no help at all and the full backs each have two men to mark and don't know who to pickup. Midfielders can't pass five yards and don't tackle. Looks like we will concede each time WBA get the ball but it also does not look like we can score anymore. At least at the start of the season we conceded but also looked like finding the net once in a while.Oh well, whole second half to come. 3-1 win for us! We don't do first halfs.

FWIW......my thoughts are that Saints looked so bad it was unfunny. Lambert showed why he is not a nailed on starter right now, giving the ball away cheaply and not getting oin threatening positions (to be fair pretty much all the mid have done likewise, with Davis being especially bad) and Fonte is truly awful and nowhere near a Prem player. Pains me to say it but AL also looks far short of a Prem player and Jay has been about our best player (together with Gazza who should never have been dropped in the first instance).

very difficult to see how Saints can get anything from this game and, although a long way to go in the season, we sure look doomed to relegation right now.

Sadly I think it is getting to the stage where a new manager may be the only chance. Nige shows no sign of being able to make us difficult to beat. If that remains the case then bog-standard teams like WBA, Fulham etc will take enough points off us for us to be relegated.

It's a shame because we have enough talent to do well but we are just too easy to score against.

Sadly I think it is getting to the stage where a new manager may be the only chance. Nige shows no sign of being able to make us difficult to beat. If that remains the case then bog-standard teams like WBA, Fulham etc will take enough points off us for us to be relegated.

It's a shame because we have enough talent to do well but we are just too easy to score against.

Very well summed up.

It is proving too be a steep learning curve. But we will learn from this season. Stick with NA this season and we will be fine next season.

We are a year ahead of schedule, last year was about consolidation but it took us by surprise.

We will come back like a yoyo.

This game is not over yet, but we look like a championship team, we just do not have that cutting edge at all. Slow on the ball, getting caught in possession, giving the ball away, and no fight!

COYR.....roll your fecking sleeves up and get stuck in!

I still stand by what I said in that we need a strong CM in there, we're too easy to brush off the ball in the middle of the park. Decent ball players, but no strength and grit in there.

Which again comes down to our transfer strategy - Morgan and Davis do alright but if you are wanting to play 4-3-3 the third mid needs to be stronger than lallana

5.5 games now without a goal from open play

Forget the defelection or even the poor defending for the goal. The fact is we gave possession away so cheaply all half, and in the end the goal felt inevitable. Morgan and Davis not doing enough in the middle and the likes of Ramirez and Lallana trying too many eye of the needle balls. Not enough players moving off the ball or wanting the ball.

Fox not at fault for the goal for me, Lallana being out of position left him with two so he couldn't close the ball down even if he wanted, having said that where on earth was a centre midfield covering in front of the centre halves, they should be out there chucking themselves at Ogenwini. Error after error.

Strikes me we have lost our bottle hence the hoofing it clear. Get Ward Prowse on, have three in the middle and let Ramirez roam a little playing off Lambert.

Don't understand the formation. 4-2-4 away from home?

It really is no wonder we are top of the Fair Play league! Are the players under instructions to not tackle?

I remember there was a period last season or one before where we were getting loads of yellows from pointless over agressive tackles and Adkins said he was tackling the issue. think he's made them a bit too soft

It is proving too be a steep learning curve. But we will learn from this season. Stick with NA this season and we will be fine next season.

We are a year ahead of schedule, last year was about consolidation but it took us by surprise.

We will come back like a yoyo.

I bet a lot of Derby fans were saying that after they went up "ahead of schedule." Not had a sniff since.

Incredibly poor

why don't we tackle???? close down???? keep the ball for more than 10 seconds??

i'm fuming watching this sh it

was hoping for a few players to give their all and try to show the critics what they are capable of, instead we get a load of bottlers

f uck this

Because we've got two parts not working together in this team. The attackers and wingers are trying to push up the field and the defense are backning down until we we're in our own box. That leaves so much space for WBA to operate in that we're never close enough to put in a tackle.