Nigel Adkins - Sacked

exit2

Is sacking Nigel Adkins today the correct decision?  

678 members have voted

1. 1. Is sacking Nigel Adkins today the correct decision?

Whatever Henry Winter claims, fans want to win.

How many people have sympathy today for the way Alan Pardew was treated? How many are gutted that Cortese sacked him? How many wish Adkins hadn't been appointed?

Answer - NONE.

Now go to Stamford Bridge and ask them how many are cheesed off with the Russian having just beaten Arsenal...

Football fans are a pathetic bunch. We believe in loyalty when it suits us, business when it suits us, money when it suits us, success when it suits us...

You had a choice. No club or one run to be successful in the way the Chairman chooses.

Henry Winter believes football fans are worth more - that they have some divine right to decide how their club is run, how they feel about it, respresentation on the board. Ridiculous.

It's a sport and a business.

And both are about success.

I am really sad to see Nigel Adkins go. I loved him and his style. But you cannot argue the Chairman doesn't know what he's doing. He's doing it very well. And no amount of old school football wailing will stop him. And thank feck for that!

Obvious point.

The situations are different.

Had this happened in November, perhaps it would have gone down better and seemed 'rational'. On Friday it didn't. It still won't unless and until we end up a top 4 side with the new manager and existing team.

If it turns out we do with a large number of expensive imports/new players then who's to say that's up to the manager rather than him being just Mancini-lite?

Whatever Henry Winter claims, fans want to win.

How many people have sympathy today for the way Alan Pardew was treated? How many are gutted that Cortese sacked him? How many wish Adkins hadn't been appointed?

Answer - NONE.

Now go to Stamford Bridge and ask them how many are cheesed off with the Russian having just beaten Arsenal...

Football fans are a pathetic bunch. We believe in loyalty when it suits us, business when it suits us, money when it suits us, success when it suits us...

You had a choice. No club or one run to be successful in the way the Chairman chooses

We had no such choice, this is just your usual hyperbole grounded in zero facts.

"No club" is just fantasy land stuff - was never going to happen.

Secondly, no one ever voted for Cortese.

So there was no choice.

If you're going to whine about journalists, best not make sh it up while you do it.

La la land.

Edited by CB Fry

We had no such choice, this is just your usual hyperbole grounded in zero facts.

So there was no choice.

If you're going to whine about journalists, best not make sh it up while you do it.

La la land.

Exactly, f**k knows what choice he is going on about. Think he's a bit confused by the whole situation.

Obvious point.

Had this happened in November, perhaps it would have gone down better and seemed 'rational'

But if NC had sacked him in November, with no replacement lined up we would have been rudderless for two months.

Not agreeing with the decision to do it now, just pointing out that NC probably can't win.

I'm wondering whether this was actually meant to be announced on Friday. I've asked if anyone knows if NC was actually in the country but haven't had an answer.

What if NC was going to make this change on Tuesday morning? There's no game next Saturday which would've left MP a little more time to work with his new team. Maybe too many journos got wind of it and forced his hand?

This is massive gamble because if we are relegated Cortese will be fairly and squarely blamed on this shamble of a managerial change. Worse still, MP and most of Cortese's signings probably won't stay around around to pick up the pieces in the CCC and we most certainly won't be able to appoint a decent enough manager to bring us back up because no one would touch it with a barge pole.

Cortese is risking all the progress we've made over the last 3 years based on his obsession that we'll be playing CL football in the very near future but with our own footballing history and the dominance of the league by the big 4, the fans and pundits alike see this as implausible, hence the wide spread incredulity of this sacking.

Likewise, I cannot understand this change, and at this time, but soon we'll all be able to draw the conclusion about whether Cortese is a genius or needs the men in white coats. And clock starts 8.00pm tomorrow...

This is massive gamble because if we are relegated Cortese will be fairly and squarely blamed on this shamble of a managerial change. Worse still, MP and most of Cortese's signings probably won't stay around around to pick up the pieces in the CCC and we most certainly won't be able to appoint a decent enough manager to bring us back up because no one would touch it with a barge pole.

Cortese is risking all the progress we've made over the last 3 years based on his obsession that we'll be playing CL football in the very near future but with our own footballing history and the dominance of the league by the big 4, the fans and pundits alike see this as implausible, hence the wide spread incredulity of this sacking.

Likewise, I cannot understand this change, and at this time, but soon we'll all be able to draw the conclusion about whether Cortese is a genius or needs the men in white coats. And clock starts 8.00pm tomorrow...

without a doubt if we get relegated NC is wrong

Yes Nick but as it stands we all need to stand behind the decision even though the manner and timing is painful to us all as fans who like and appreciate what NA has done , against Everton yes thank Nigel in our own way but then its about the team and moving on not ripping each other apart about it ......how many of us liked the Pardew sacking at the time ?

Yes Nick but as it stands we all need to stand behind the decision even though the manner and timing is painful to us all as fans who like and appreciate what NA has done , against Everton yes thank Nigel in our own way but then its about the team and moving on not ripping each other apart about it ......how many of us liked the Pardew sacking at the time ?

Charlie, I am right behind NC decision. I dearly hope he is proved correct, but if not all the hankie wavers will be able to say 'I told you so' Yet again we may spiral back to those terrible days of 'stand up if you want Lowe out'. And how it was so depressing going to games.

NC like him or not helped keep our club alive and I dread the thought of him walking away and selling to Venkys or similar

But if NC had sacked him in November, with no replacement lined up we would have been rudderless for two months.

Not agreeing with the decision to do it now, just pointing out that NC probably can't win.

Why would we have been rudderless for two months?

We had a period of two weeks without a game in December, comfortably long enough to sort out a new manger. Or ten days after tomorrow's game.

But instead he conspired behind Adkins back for several weeks, while Adkins worked his balls off for Saints.

But keep trying to justify everything NC does if it helps you to feel better.

Not necessarily. That assumes that Adkins wouldn't have taken us down too. We'll never know what would've happened under Adkins so the 'worst' accusation we can levy at Cortese if we go down is that it "didn't work". Doesn't mean he was "wrong" per se. Subtle difference IMO.

But instead he conspired behind Adkins back for several weeks, while Adkins worked his balls off for Saints.

But keep trying to justify everything NC does if it helps you to feel better.

So what's your take on instances in which Adkins knew a first choice player (who was working his balls off, too) wasn't up to it, and so NA worked inside the club on finding, negotiating with, and signing a replacement? Is the same tactic different just because one's a manager and one's a player? Or because one was perpetrated by Adkins and the other by Cortese?

So what's your take on instances in which Adkins knew a first choice player (who was working his balls off, too) wasn't up to it, and so NA worked inside the club on finding, negotiating with, and signing a replacement? Is the same tactic different just because one's a manager and one's a player? Or because one was perpetrated by Adkins and the other by Cortese?
Completely different. Adkins always says when pressed on transfer targets, "we're always on the look out for better players, always looking to improve in every position" - open, honest and straight forward. Unfortunately you can't say the same about Cortese.

Not necessarily. That assumes that Adkins wouldn't have taken us down too. We'll never know what would've happened under Adkins so the 'worst' accusation we can levy at Cortese if we go down is that it "didn't work". Doesn't mean he was "wrong" per se. Subtle difference IMO.

Since joining 26 months ago Adkins has taken us up an average of 2 league places per month and there was nothing, in his recent form, that that was going to change so it would have to be a big assumption to suggest that we would've gone down with Adkins.

In fact, if this guy doesn't doesn't take all three points tomorrow he could be proving himself to be an instant failure and in danger of breaking the record, of 6 games and 33 days, as the shortest serving PL manager.

Agree-it also begs the question of what benefit does NC expect to gain sacking NA now? That we finish a few places higher than we would have under NA? That's a trivial, practically meaningless gain. That NC felt that MP will keep us up while he fears that NA would have taken us down? That might have been more convincing a few months ago but less so now. That NC thinks a change in management will allow us to secure signings in what remains of the transfer window? Who knows we haven't signed anyone yet. That NC wants to give MP a settling in period ahead of a good crack next season? Not worth the risk. That MP became available only recently and NC had to have him come what may? Hard to believe given NC had penciled in several targets.

Still don't understand what NC had to gain doing things now...

Completely different. Adkins always says when pressed on transfer targets, "we're always on the look out for better players, always looking to improve in every position" - open, honest and straight forward. Unfortunately you can't say the same about Cortese.

But Cortese said when we got promoted that many of them - meaning Nigel and the players - weren't of PL standard and would be replaced; you can't get much more honest and straightforward than that, can you? And Nigel was aware all along that his job at Southampton might not last; he said as much on the day we were promoted to the PL, and that's also very honest and straightforward, isn't it?

So - despite your self-serving mental gymnastics - the answer to my question is that it's no different, other than because one was Adkins and the other was Cortese. You're just twisting your personal ethics based on who you're talking about, which defeats the point behind your raising the issue of ethics at all.

But Cortese said when we got promoted that many of them - meaning Nigel and the players - weren't of PL standard and would be replaced; you can't get much more honest and straightforward than that, can you? And Nigel was aware all along that his job at Southampton might not last; he said as much on the day we were promoted to the PL, and that's also very honest and straightforward, isn't it?

So - despite your self-serving mental gymnastics - the answer to my question is that it's no different, other than because one was Adkins and the other was Cortese. You're just twisting your personal ethics based on who you're talking about, which defeats the point behind your raising the issue of ethics at all.

No, we have no evidence that Cortese told Adkins he was after a replacement. Do you think he'd have been happily working away if he knew a replacement was being lined up and he'd be given his marching orders any day soon. Good try, need to get the mind down the gym I'm afraid.

No, we have no evidence that Cortese told Adkins he was after a replacement. Do you think he'd have been happily working away if he knew a replacement was being lined up and he'd be given his marching orders any day soon. Good try, need to get the mind down the gym I'm afraid.

Now you're just making yourself look silly, so why don't you quit while you're behind?

do you think adkins gave billy sharp daily updates upon signing his replacement in Jay Rodriguez....?

do you think adkins gave billy sharp daily updates upon signing his replacement in Jay Rodriguez....?
No. Why would he need to? He was honest in many interviews that we were always looking out for better players in all positions and if the right ones became available we'd be interested and were looking to strengthen throughout the team.

No. Why would he need to? He was honest in many interviews that we were always looking out for better players in all positions and if the right ones became available we'd be interested and were looking to strengthen throughout the team.

and I guess...the chairman was looking for a better manager (in his opinion it seems)

It's taken me a few days to get my head round the situation and I have had to ponder the wider picture and now I can see that there are positives for all on this. First off, Nigel Adkins - WHO! I hear you all cry - well, that is what most of us were saying a year and a half ago. I for one had no clue about Adkins, what he'd achieved at S****horpe or what he was all about. But, I recall saying on this very site, that I will hold judgement and give him the time to see what he can do. NC certainly pulled one out the hat that day, with Keegan, Shearer and many others being banded about, Nigel Adkins was on nobodies lips. However, Nigel has laid the foundations for this club! He has made a huge impact to the way we play football. He has brought through theyoungsters and held onto our stars. We have many things to be grateful for to this 'unknown' manager of S****horpe, the boy did good.

Believe it or not, I think this could be a very good thing for Adkins. I don't think his time here was going to be long lived, for whatever reason. I think that once he achieved promotion to the Premiership, he was out of his depth and NC was going to replace him. Trouble was, none of us for a second believed we would only spend the single season in the Champioship. We all knew how tough that league was form previous, bitter, experience, and I think some were like me in hoping for survival and mid table rather than play-offs, and aas I said, automatic promotion, lol! So, we are where we are, and that is down to NA, the players, the board and all the backroom staff.

So, I think, fo Nigel Adkins, getting the shove now, will be better for him in the long run. He can go and find another club with an unblemished record and Premiership experience to boot. I think that any club will be lucky to have him and if that's someone like leeds oranother sleeping giant, then they will do worse than pick up the phone and give Nige a decent job, continuing his fine work and development.

To the here and now though, Mauricio Pochettino, WHO? Now, from an international footballing perspective and someone mentioning that foul on Owen in the Japanese World Cup finals, I might have said, yeah, maybe, but as a manager of Espanyol, nope, nothing, not a clue! However, I see a lot of similarities between this appointment and that of Nigel Adkins. I understand what NC is trying to achieve here abit more now and can see his thinking. Will this appointment work, well, I just don't know. What i do know is that NC is serious about trying to achieve his goals. I think he was as surprised as the rest of us that we accelerated throught the Champioship, but, he has seen that we had momentum and, that momentum was faltering in the top tier. We needed that injection if we were continue to move forward and this was represented by key signings such as Ramirez. The move for Pochettino is, I think, NC's vision of where we need to head in the Premiership. We are here now, the man he wanted was available and rather than wait and miss out, he moved and got his man, same as when Pardew was moved on for Adkins.

So, where do we go from here (is it down to thelake I fear), Monday night will tell us little, by the end of the season, we should know more, until then COYS!

As for Nigel, he is a legend at this club and his stepping stone from S****horpe to his next big thing has been an adventure and an experience and he will learn and get better. A future England manager? Wouldn't bet against it!

It's taken me a few days to get my head round the situation and I have had to ponder the wider picture and now I can see that there are positives for all on this. First off, Nigel Adkins - WHO! I hear you all cry - well, that is what most of us were saying a year and a half ago. I for one had no clue about Adkins, what he'd achieved at S****horpe or what he was all about. But, I recall saying on this very site, that I will hold judgement and give him the time to see what he can do. NC certainly pulled one out the hat that day, with Keegan, Shearer and many others being banded about, Nigel Adkins was on nobodies lips. However, Nigel has laid the foundations for this club! He has made a huge impact to the way we play football. He has brought through theyoungsters and held onto our stars. We have many things to be grateful for to this 'unknown' manager of S****horpe, the boy did good.

Believe it or not, I think this could be a very good thing for Adkins. I don't think his time here was going to be long lived, for whatever reason. I think that once he achieved promotion to the Premiership, he was out of his depth and NC was going to replace him. Trouble was, none of us for a second believed we would only spend the single season in the Champioship. We all knew how tough that league was form previous, bitter, experience, and I think some were like me in hoping for survival and mid table rather than play-offs, and aas I said, automatic promotion, lol! So, we are where we are, and that is down to NA, the players, the board and all the backroom staff.

So, I think, fo Nigel Adkins, getting the shove now, will be better for him in the long run. He can go and find another club with an unblemished record and Premiership experience to boot. I think that any club will be lucky to have him and if that's someone like leeds oranother sleeping giant, then they will do worse than pick up the phone and give Nige a decent job, continuing his fine work and development.

To the here and now though, Mauricio Pochettino, WHO? Now, from an international footballing perspective and someone mentioning that foul on Owen in the Japanese World Cup finals, I might have said, yeah, maybe, but as a manager of Espanyol, nope, nothing, not a clue! However, I see a lot of similarities between this appointment and that of Nigel Adkins. I understand what NC is trying to achieve here abit more now and can see his thinking. Will this appointment work, well, I just don't know. What i do know is that NC is serious about trying to achieve his goals. I think he was as surprised as the rest of us that we accelerated throught the Champioship, but, he has seen that we had momentum and, that momentum was faltering in the top tier. We needed that injection if we were continue to move forward and this was represented by key signings such as Ramirez. The move for Pochettino is, I think, NC's vision of where we need to head in the Premiership. We are here now, the man he wanted was available and rather than wait and miss out, he moved and got his man, same as when Pardew was moved on for Adkins.

So, where do we go from here (is it down to thelake I fear), Monday night will tell us little, by the end of the season, we should know more, until then COYS!

As for Nigel, he is a legend at this club and his stepping stone from S****horpe to his next big thing has been an adventure and an experience and he will learn and get better. A future England manager? Wouldn't bet against it!

Er... two and a half years. I just want to set the record straight, like, just saying...

The people saying WHO to Nigel Adkins two and half years ago were few, and they were all fuc king idiots.

Adkins was well known to anyone who knew even the rudiments of Championship/L1 football. Saints had played his team.

So nice try John Smith but your premise is built on bull sh it.

Under Nigel Adkins the team had an awful start to the season but the fault could easily be with the Chairman for the questionable use of the transfer budget and the timing of signings. But the resurgence under Adkins over the last two months is also questionable as it has mainly been drawing games, not winning many. 22points out of 22 games is 3 above the drop zone but surely the positive thing is that this 'resurgence' is not good enough for the Chairman, who clearly wants better. So like him or not, and most of us don't like him, Cortese has shown a determination to take the club to a higher level. If Pochettino achieves that, the complaints will soon subside, just as the regret at Nigel Pearson leaving didn't last too long. Of coures, if it doesn't work....well thats another matter altogether!

Actions at Southampton question the sanity of the game

http://www.soccernews.com/alan-pardew-sacking-at-southampton-questions-the-sanity-of-the-game/59219/

*****'s *** was a big relief, as he needed to turn his fine young side’s potential into points and now had done.It is against that background that the decision taken yesterday to sack *****, his assistant ****** and the goal-keeping coach ***** looks to be just about the strangest and most stupid decision that has been taken in the already mad world of English football.

Ambitious

Chairman Nicola Cortese is an ambitious man and has made no secret of his wish to take Southampton **** to *** *** and to establish them as a ********* ****** club once again. The only problem with that is that it is difficult top see what ***** ****** was doing wrong in the attempt to make that dream a reality.

Looking at the reaction of Southampton fans to the news, which included comments such as ‘bonkers, disgraceful, ridiculous, ludicrous, stupid and gutted, it would seem that nobody understands why this has happened.

No, not a response to Adkins, this article is from 2010...

recognise any similarities?

Oh and did NC attend the press conference sacking AP? Or Appointing NA?

Edited by dubai_phil

Under Nigel Adkins the team had an awful start to the season but the fault could easily be with the Chairman for the questionable use of the transfer budget and the timing of signings. But the resurgence under Adkins over the last two months is also questionable as it has mainly been drawing games, not winning many. 22points out of 22 games is 3 above the drop zone but surely the positive thing is that this 'resurgence' is not good enough for the Chairman, who clearly wants better. So like him or not, and most of us don't like him, Cortese has shown a determination to take the club to a higher level. If Pochettino achieves that, the complaints will soon subside, just as the regret at Nigel Pearson leaving didn't last too long. Of coures, if it doesn't work....well thats another matter altogether!

I always remember Lowe wanting to take us to the next level - unfortunately that level was 2 below the one we were in. Being realistic we are in the same group as probably Derby, Leicester, Leeds, Forest, Stoke, Sunderland, Norwich, Ipswich etc in terms of history, support, spending money. Most of them struggle year on year so not sure HOW we can be any different unless we had a billionaire owner. So realistically a good cup run and mid table in the prem is what most would be happy about (that's what WGS did for us). I think the new guy could do that for us but I would have preferred to do that with someone who had won over the fans in 2.5 years of fantastic football, great achievements and success. Plus everyone loved us - 2nd favourite club for many other fans.

At least one bookmaker has shortened the odds on us being relegated after the change of Manager and Everton are evens to win tonight.

These are independent people risking their money on the impact of the change.

How these selective quotes are phrased usually depends on what case a person is trying to promote. For example, if the above is true it could be written as:- "the odds on Southampton being relegated are virtually unchanged with only one bookmaker shortening the odds."

This is similar to the way the Adkins' performance figures are adapted by the Media, who would love the drama of a fans revolt, and so present Adkins' record as "..only 2 defeats in the last 12 games..". Whilst that is true, it avoids mentioning that most of those games have been against teams in the bottom half of the League Table including 4 of the 5 teams beneath us, and excludes the Cup thrashing by Chelsea. Adkins' league record is actually 22 points out of 22 games which if continued to the end of the season would be 38 points from 38 games with the club on the brink of relegation. The recent record can also be accurately reported as:- " ..just two wins in the last 10 games..." which puts a different spin on recent results, of which the last 6 have been: LDDDWD.

To those who think that 3 points above the drop zone is good enough, we obviously have a Chairman who does not agree. That seems a positive for the future of our club as he clearly wants to see Southampton in the top half of The Prem, which must be what most fans would want.

Yes and the random money has judged that the change has made our chances worse. The bookies follow the money.

I'd have thought trhat our odds shortening would have more to do with the points gained by QPR,Villa and Reading than anything else. The Reading win changes a lot in the bottom 6 or 7

How these selective quotes are phrased usually depends on what case a person is trying to promote. For example, if the above is true it could be written as:- "the odds on Southampton being relegated are virtually unchanged with only one bookmaker shortening the odds."

This is similar to the way the Adkins' performance figures are adapted by the Media, who would love the drama of a fans revolt, and so present Adkins' record as "..only 2 defeats in the last 12 games..". Whilst that is true, it avoids mentioning that most of those games have been against teams in the bottom half of the League Table including 4 of the 5 teams beneath us, and excludes the Cup thrashing by Chelsea. Adkins' league record is actually 22 points out of 22 games which if continued to the end of the season would be 38 points from 38 games with the club on the brink of relegation. The recent record can also be accurately reported as:- " ..just two wins in the last 10 games..." which puts a different spin on recent results, of which the last 6 have been: LDDDWD.

To those who think that 3 points above the drop zone is good enough, we obviously have a Chairman who does not agree. That seems a positive for the future of our club as he clearly wants to see Southampton in the top half of The Prem, which must be what most fans would want.

This...

Of course the cup match was excluded; it is irrelevant to whether we get relegated or not and even then we didn't play our strongest team. Anybody bringing Chelsea into the equation will pay a lot more attention to the fact that after the cup match, we drew with the European Champions away, coming back from two goals down.

As for the media's figures, which media figures should we pay more attention too? The ones where they produced that ridiculous table showing Adkins' record as manager was poor compared to Sturrock's (amongst other stupidity), or his record during the past few games, which showed a significant improvement over the starting matches of the season when we played the toughest opponents?

The crux of the matter is that you have extrapolated the points gained against the number of matches played and on that basis have forecast that we will end the season on 38 points.

Whether Adkins would have achieved that, or bettered it, we will never know. But we certainly will find out whether Pochettino will better that total. We already have a new player transferred in and possibly will have others before the end of the month. So Pochinetto's team should be stronger. On that basis, anything other than an improvement on 38 points should be deemed to be a failure, right?

Most fans had expected survival this season and that we build on it next year. As we now have this new highly qualified young dynamic manager in charge now, I shall be expecting great things from him.

Of course the cup match was excluded; it is irrelevant to whether we get relegated or not and even then we didn't play our strongest team. Anybody bringing Chelsea into the equation will pay a lot more attention to the fact that after the cup match, we drew with the European Champions away, coming back from two goals down.

As for the media's figures, which media figures should we pay more attention too? The ones where they produced that ridiculous table showing Adkins' record as manager was poor compared to Sturrock's (amongst other stupidity), or his record during the past few games, which showed a significant improvement over the starting matches of the season when we played the toughest opponents?

The crux of the matter is that you have extrapolated the points gained against the number of matches played and on that basis have forecast that we will end the season on 38 points.

Whether Adkins would have achieved that, or bettered it, we will never know. But we certainly will find out whether Pochettino will better that total. We already have a new player transferred in and possibly will have others before the end of the month. So Pochinetto's team should be stronger. On that basis, anything other than an improvement on 38 points should be deemed to be a failure, right?

Most fans had expected survival this season and that we build on it next year. As we now have this new highly qualified young dynamic manager in charge now, I shall be expecting great things from him.

Exactly - how many teams will come way unbeaten from Chelsea and Stoke away this year? And play Arsenal off the park? I'm not sure what standards some are applying to consider this not good enough.

By that logic, you would never hold anyone accountable for any decision they made!!

Sorry, but if we end up getting relegated after sacking a highly successful manager in favour of a guy with zero English football experience, I will be holding Cortese fully responsible for that outcome. The decision will only be justified by a significant improvement in our league position over the next couple of seasons, since Cortese is clearly unsatisfied with our progress up to this point. When you take a gamble like this, you have to be prepared to take the flak if it doesn't work out.

By that logic, you would never hold anyone accountable for any decision they made!!

Sorry, but if we end up getting relegated after sacking a highly successful manager in favour of a guy with zero English football experience, I will be holding Cortese fully responsible for that outcome. The decision will only be justified by a significant improvement in our league position over the next couple of seasons, since Cortese is clearly unsatisfied with our progress up to this point. When you take a gamble like this, you have to be prepared to take the flak if it doesn't work out.

Quite. And as I mentioned above, the team has already presumably been strengthened by the addition of Forren and might be further strengthened shortly. Adkins never had the opportunity of seeing how he might have fared with this stronger team, so it is only fair to judge the new man at least on whether he can better the points per match achieved by Adkins. Under the circumstances he ought to be able to, or the blame must lie with Cortese for an error in judgement by replacing Adkins with somebody who will have proven to be less capable.

Love him or loath him Cortese has done well for us so far. He has a vision for the club and should should be allowed to implement it

I am sure this decision was taken with the long term plan in mind and whats great is that Adkins will walk into a plum job somewhere else (he deserves it).

So lets behind the new team and give them a chance

So there was no choice.

La la land.

So I dreamt the whole Markus Liebherr buying us from admin??

The point that a ruthless authoritarian acts ruthlessly seems to come as a shock to some who think they have a right to tell him how to run a football club.

The right they have is to withhold their patronage.

I know I bang on about this but the Chairman has never ever said survival was his goal.

This is a clear case of the Chairman having higher expectations than the fans, and now he is being pilloried for it.

Whereas Lowe was pilloried for the exact opposite.

I do wish people would make thier bloody minds up!!!

I am gutted about losing Nigel as our manager as I was about WGS when he left but both are regarded as Legends now at our beloved club and held in similar lights to MLT & Bates.

Had we lost to QPR in Nov it could have been so different with Nigel sacked for different reasons and us all reflecting on him in the wrong ways and even worse we could have ended up with Arry again.

I am all for stability in the club and would have loved Nigel to stay but I do not believe that Cortese will tollerate relegation now we are here and therefore the man plans ahead and doesnt leave us lumbered with a Steve Wigley equivalent for weeks whilst we are looking for the next coach.

It would have come easier after a loss but now its time for the fans to get behind the team and support SFC from the top, get behind the team tonight as Nigel will be doing too! COYR!!!!

I know I bang on about this but the Chairman has never ever said survival was his goal.

This is a clear case of the Chairman having higher expectations than the fans, and now he is being pilloried for it.

Whereas Lowe was pilloried for the exact opposite.

I do wish people would make thier bloody minds up!!!

Lowe always said he wanted to take us to the next level?

Garbage. Norwich haven't spent anything like we did. West Brom have been up forever and still have not spent more than about five mil on a single player. We have spent money like a lottery winner on crack.

perhaps c--tese is a lottery winner on c---c?