Newcastle Build-up

110_Persaint

Anyone know what allocation we've been given for tickets?

I don't think the club has publicised the figure. It'll be at least 1800 and up to around 3000. Don't think we'll take 1800 so it is probably the smaller allocation.

All I know is I'm going and I'll be hungover as **** at the game.

Was reading today that 2 of the new signings will not be playing in the EL game & that the opponents are on a mid season break so AP may well field a weaker side to begin with & leave the backup on the bench if required.

Strong side, Gouffran and Debuchy can't play because they've already played in europe for Lille and Bordeaux

Bit of nostalgia from before I was born. Such quality from such a young age by MLT.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?gl=GB&hl=en-GB&v=TpwOgxd5jSo

OMG memories! I was at that match. I remember the scoreboard broke on 1-0 and it was 3-3 by the time they fixed it. They bombared us at the end and even at 3-1 we knew what was coming next...

We used to play in blue FFS?

I had that blue kit, didn't want it but was a present. The yellow one was much better, both had a kind of flame pattern, very 80's.

edit - not really that looks to be a different blue kit but i'll leave this as MLG bait.

Edited by Tokyo-Saint

So let's get this right, Newcastle have to fly back on Friday from Ukraine and will have one day to prepare for our game on Sunday?With our high temp football will they hold us for 90 minutes, doubt it so we should win this one?

You would think that they will play a strong team in Ukraine too.

So let's get this right, Newcastle have to fly back on Friday from Ukraine and will have one day to prepare for our game on Sunday?With our high temp football will they hold us for 90 minutes, doubt it so we should win this one?

I'd say so. MP is probably plotting the "Tire them out early, win the game late" strategy as we speak.

It will be interesting to see whether Cabaye and Tiote can compete with our midfield without picking up their customary yellows (which take an edge off their game) or reds (which take them out of it altogether).

I've seldom felt more confident about getting a good result up there, but my optimism often goes before a fall. :?

Not convinced they will play a full strength team....although hope they do. Prem survival means more to them than Europa league.

Genuine question... Is their squad deep enough to allow them to leave out some of their better and more regular players? I thought they were quite limited, in attacking options especially.

Boruc

Clyne yoshida hooiveld shaw

Cork Morgan

Puncheon Davis j rod

Srl

Subs:

Davis, Ramirez, Lallana, forren, Fonte, mayuka.

Yep, I'd go with something similar (+1 on bench to make 7). That's a premier league quality bench....first time this season we can say that probably

Yep, I'd go with something similar (+1 on bench to make 7). That's a premier league quality bench....first time this season we can say that probably

Richardson or fox. Not many teams in prem that are that strong and mayuka I feel will come good.