Newcastle Build-up

110_Persaint

Put a sock in it. We all know you will be right one day. We will lose again, so predict away, and you can lord it on here when you are correct the 1 time out of 10! Support the club of, why the feck do you bother?

Hold on there, not like you to get so 'hot under the collar' I am more realistic than most, that's all !

Dalek is a trolling non-entity, he just posts stuff to make people bite. If we won the Champions League he'd be posting about being knocked out of the League Cup by Barnet or something.

So people have been saying for the last 12 years. I am more often proved right. The City result was great, but we have to win some of the less glamorous ties if we want more than just fond memories of beating the champions.

So people have been saying for the last 12 years. I am more often proved right. The City result was great, but we have to win some of the less glamorous ties if we want more than just fond memories of beating the champions.

Can't wait for examples of this!

:lol: And how is that 17th position going for you last season? and our yoyo strategy going this year ?

To be fair, we have been doing quite well against the teams around us of late.

It nice to have that problem but I'm afraid Jose & Forren are not match fit so they need to wait.

Shaw straight in for Fox while I would put Lallana & Gaston on the bench.

It would be nice to have a decent bench for once.

Lallana, Mayuka, Forren, Fox, Gaston, Gazza & Fonte.

It nice to have that problem but I'm afraid Jose & Forren are not match fit so they need to wait.

All fine except for Gazza.

Two centre backs on the bench...?

Team for Newcastle (Derry 2012 ™)

------------------------Gazza-------------------------

Clyne------------Yoshida-----------Hooiveld---------Shaw

>>>>>>>>>>>>>

-----------------Lallana--------Ramirez---------------

Rodriguez---------------Lambert------------------Mayuka

Scheniderlin can't tackle and only passes sideways. Richardson as front sweeper to defend everything all across the pitch.

Edited by Saint Charlie

^^ Note the woefully short bench now we have loaned out Seaborne and De Ridder who would provide everything else we need in the front sweeper position when Richardson tires.

Cork could maybe come on to replace him but he never scores and passes sideways so probs not an option TBH.

We should probably look to recruit a proper front sweeper in the summer. Will be difficult though as nearly all teams in the world are looking for the same position.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Scheniderlin can't tackle and only passes sideways. Richardson as front sweeper to defend everything all across the pitch.

Harsh....

It was the utter belief that gazzaniga was by far the best keeper at the club which baffled me. And I was wrong in saying otherwise as I don't have any coaching badges

Anyway. We have all be very very wrong

I was quite vocal once about wotte will keep us up LoL

We have to hope that their Europa League games affect them badly, as they have an absolutely quality squad now after their January window. Will be interesting to see how our pressing style affects their long-ball game.

----------------BORUC--------------

CLYNE-----MAYA-----JOS------SHAW

---------MORGAN----CORK----------

PUNCH---------DAVIS--------JAYROD

--------------LAMBERT--------------

Subs: Davis, Forren, Fonte, JWP, Lallana, Ramirez, Lee

>>>>>>>>>>>>>

TBF, that has never been tried. He could be right and we'd be in th Champions League if we'd played that system from the start. After all, Burley had a similar idea about Pele and it turned out to be a stroke of genius.

Or it could he horse sh*t.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>

I assume you are of course aware that any sweeper plays behind the defense. You are referring to the role of a holding man in midfield? I would use Morgan or cork for this with the other roaming from deep and Davis as AMC. Richardson plays whenever shaw/clyne are unavailable... Fox is my 4th choice

We have to hope that their Europa League games affect them badly, as they have an absolutely quality squad now after their January window. Will be interesting to see how our pressing style affects their long-ball game.

Agree with this and for me they are one of the few teams in the prem who are in a false position - I will be very surprised if they are still in with the strugglers at the end of the season.

This is going to be a tough game for us, even taking into account their euro trip.

I will be happy for a point.

Agree with this and for me they are one of the few teams in the prem who are in a false position - I will be very surprised if they are still in with the strugglers at the end of the season.

This is going to be a tough game for us, even taking into account their euro trip.

I will be happy for a point.

I don't think they're in a false position at all. They're where they are because injuries have caused them to use some players who are not really of PL standard and they have of course paid the price for that. Not all all sure that all they've bought in of late is of the necessary standard either, certainly not Haidaira and Gouffran is a mixed bag, totally hit and miss.

This can't come soon enough. It's going to be a frustrating weekend with no Saints game and ITV's amateurish coverage of a cup that's lost it's magic over the last few years.

The only change I'd make for Newcastle is Shaw in for Fox. The pressing game is fine at home or away, and as long as Jos and Yoshida keep it tight like against Citeh and mop up any long stuff from Newcastle then we've got a good chance. It's great to be in a position where we've got a seriously hard working midfield to grind an opposition down, and some real quality to come off the bench. Who would've thought a few weeks ago that so many people's best XI wouldn't involve Lallana and Ramirez?

I don't think they're in a false position at all. They're where they are because injuries have caused them to use some players who are not really of PL standard and they have of course paid the price for that. Not all all sure that all they've bought in of late is of the necessary standard either, certainly not Haidaira and Gouffran is a mixed bag, totally hit and miss.

Their new signings have helped, mainly Sissoko and Debuchy, but I think Cabaye's return has been far more crucial.

Don't think they are in a false position at all, if anything they were in a false position last year. Some of their players like Krul, Tiote, Cisse, Collocinni had excellent form last season that they have failed to replicate. Not many Tiote for £20 million rumours going around this year. At times they have played some awfull football this year and they have made some bad defensive errors.

Their new signings have helped, mainly Sissoko and Debuchy, but I think Cabaye's return has been far more crucial.

Don't think they are in a false position at all, if anything they were in a false position last year. Some of their players like Krul, Tiote, Cisse, Collocinni had excellent form last season that they have failed to replicate. Not many Tiote for £20 million rumours going around this year. At times they have played some awfull football this year and they have made some bad defensive errors.

In my personal view Tioté is total sh*te. Merely a red card or a match losing wayward pass waiting to happen.

Sissoko will be the same, sometimes good, sometimes not so much and if they insist on using him wide left they're just asking for trouble. Cabaye and Dbuchy are good players though as you say but I can see Debuchy getting caught for pace this season though.

I assume you are of course aware that any sweeper plays behind the defense. You are referring to the role of a holding man in midfield? I would use Morgan or cork for this with the other roaming from deep and Davis as AMC. Richardson plays whenever shaw/clyne are unavailable... Fox is my 4th choice

No. You are wrong. The front sweeper plays in front of the defence and defends the whole way across the pitch, protecting the defenders.

Schneiderlin can't do this role because he doesn't ever tackle.

Whoooosh!!

You have not referred to The Derry Book of Coaching

There's no reason we shouldn't win this. Newcastle have simply been victims of media hype after signing a load of French players and winning a couple of games. The fact is they are on the same amount of points as us. Reminds me of when we were all hearing about how Villa were an excellent young side and that Benteke was the best young striker in the league after they had beaten Liverpool.

Sent from my HTC One S using Tapatalk 2

Cork could maybe come on to replace him but he never scores and passes sideways so probs not an option TBH.

We should probably look to recruit a proper front sweeper in the summer. Will be difficult though as nearly all teams in the world are looking for the same position.

Seaborne?