QPR Build Up

Thedelldays

Back to the game - the anxiety shown by some on here is understandable but Saints are playing too well to lose this game. last week's loss at Newcastle was an incorrect penalty decision followed by a fluke of an OG. Nothing there to suggest the team is not playing to mid-table form, or better. Two clear goals win against QPR.

Back to the game - the anxiety shown by some on here is understandable but Saints are playing too well to lose this game. last week's loss at Newcastle was an incorrect penalty decision followed by a fluke of an OG. Nothing there to suggest the team is not playing to mid-table form, or better. Two clear goals win against QPR.

Going into the game low on confidence however, and against a side overdue a win with exactly the type of players who have caused us trouble all season. I'm sensing another Sunderland.

Going into the game low on confidence however, and against a side overdue a win with exactly the type of players who have caused us trouble all season. I'm sensing another Sunderland.

Low on confidence? I beg to differ. Teams lose games all the time in the PL or any league, our last loss was Utd away and before that I think it was Sunderland? One unlucky loss won't have impacted their confidence much. If anything they'll want the win even more. Still don't believe the team are used to losing games. As a fan I'm certainly not based on the last 3 and a bit years.

Why are Saints low on confidence? They have been playing very well under Pochetinno and the last home game saw them beat the league champions.

Why are QPR "overdue a win"? Are Pompey "overdue a win" just because they haven't won since October? No, because they have been crap like QPR have for most of this season.

Stop being so negative and enjoy the build up to the game! :D

@SouthamptonFC: The gaffer has begun his pre match press conference and has been bought a cake ahead of his birthday on Saturday! #saintsfc

@SouthamptonFC: MP on QPR game: "it's a very important match for us to focus on because there's three points at stake." #saintsfc

@SouthamptonFC: MP: "it's important to maintain our playing style as it will get us wins" #saintsfc

@SouthamptonFC: MP: "We have not set a points target, we want to win every game and will evaluate at end of season how well we did" #saintsfc

@SouthamptonFC: MP: "Southampton fans did not know me before, but they have accepted me and have treated me very well" #saintsfc

@SouthamptonFC: MP on life in England: "so far so good. It's a very calm place during the week but the passion for football is intense" #saintsfc

@SouthamptonFC: MP on Redknapp return: "I respect the fans' wishes for Saturday and I want to use the atmosphere in a positive way" #saintsfc

@SouthamptonFC: MP on team selection for Saturday: "I haven't made the list yet and will tell players involved first before I release this news" #saintsfc

Edited by Saint Garrett

Doesn't he realize we got found out last match and all teams will look at that to know our weak spots and exploit them. :facepalm:

Did we? Or did we concede an offside goal, a penalty that shouldn't have been given an an unfortunate own goal.

Earlier this month we beat the Premier League champions using this style ffs.

Doesn't he realize we got found out last match and all teams will look at that to know our weak spots and exploit them. :facepalm:

Every style/formation has weaknesses but at the end of the day we only played averagely against Newcastle, in fact we played contrary to MP's preffered style at times(sat deep, din't press etc.). We also got quite unlucky with 3 out of the 4 Newcastle goals. The team wasn't at it's best but Pardew still said we were one of the best teams to go there.

Hardly a reason to abandon our plans and hardly we hardly got "found out".

LOL just teasing you mate, all in good faith :lol:

That Targett joke was lame though in all honesty...

agreed it was super lame! i don't like that yawn smiley tho it enrages my inner bear! Also the one with the rolling eyes people do at me sometimes!

Win this and we're as good as safe, lose this and we're as good as down.

Well nobody is saying either, but surely we've never had an easier chance to pick up three points this season. We're playing well, I even thought we did well against Newcastle from what I saw despite losing, and in my mind we'll pick up the three points. That said though, we are Saints and we've all supported the club long enough to know we do things the hard way. Under Pochettino though, all selected eleven players should turn up and give good performances, and add to that any subs that could come on and make a difference and we should be fine.

QPR fans are deluded enough to think they have a chance of survival. I'd take our position over their's, and our fixtures over theirs too. For them to stay up would take a miracle of monumental proportions that would beat any of our, or Wigan's, Premier League survivals. The chance of a double over them, and to be one of the clubs that knocks a nail into their coffin, would be sweet.

Still nervous though.

Lallana, Ramirez, and Puncheon behind Lambert please. I understand arguments for Jay-Rod and Davis to start, but in a game like this I want to see our best quality on the pitch. Give all three of them a short leash (HT subs etc.) if need be, but we're playing the team bottom of the table and these guys have the quality to tear QPR apart.

QPR are decent, Remy will cause us problems and we obviously need to watch Taarabt, but we should be slicing through the rest of their midfield and defence with ease. Make the chances count and I think we'll be fine. If things do get comfortable us (fingers crossed they do), I hope we keep going for it and try to stick the knife right in - the fans will want it and I think the team will be keen for a big win if the opportunity presents. None of this 'see the game out' if we get up by four goals or anything. Probably be a tighter game than people expect and St Marys may get nervous if we're losing at any point, but stick to the plan and we'll be ok.

Well, blimey. This looks like it could be the biggest gathering of TSW members in one place drinking beers since the Legendary Forum matches at SMS.

5 confirmed members now for beers at Barasti on Saturday.

Weekly attendance continues to grow, reckon by the end of the season we'll have more down the pub here than the skates took to some of their PL away games.

Thought the whole build up to Newcastle was over confident, so obvious a kick in the teeth was coming.

Start with Puncheon Saturday and the passing game will be better, bring on JRod or Mayuka to run them ragged later on.

Fonte in for Jos my only other change