QPR Build Up

Thedelldays

Lallana' date=' Ramirez, and Puncheon behind Lambert please. I understand arguments for Jay-Rod and Davis to start, but in a game like this I want to see our best quality on the pitch. [/b'] Give all three of them a short leash (HT subs etc.) if need be, but we're playing the team bottom of the table and these guys have the quality to tear QPR apart.

QPR are decent, Remy will cause us problems and we obviously need to watch Taarabt, but we should be slicing through the rest of their midfield and defence with ease. Make the chances count and I think we'll be fine. If things do get comfortable us (fingers crossed they do), I hope we keep going for it and try to stick the knife right in - the fans will want it and I think the team will be keen for a big win if the opportunity presents. None of this 'see the game out' if we get up by four goals or anything. Probably be a tighter game than people expect and St Marys may get nervous if we're losing at any point, but stick to the plan and we'll be ok.

I would keep with jrod as he makes good runs and stretches defences to become more open therefore we tend to create more clear cut chances. When we play 3 attacking midfielders behind lambert we seem to create less chances. QPR have been stubborn in defence prior to samba signing but have been more open of late due his lack of fitness and departure of nelson. I think Puncheon out right and Lallana in the hole with Jrod out left will offer enough variation in our attacks to carve them open. good options on the bench if things are not going to plan with likes of ramirez and mayuka.

Not to mention the fact that Clyne was clearly fouled just before the free kick was given to Newcastle. That's what Pochettino was annoyed about.

and despite all this is was a terrible indecisive defending from Hooliveld that cost us the goal, taking nothing away froma great strike of course.

Going into the game low on confidence however, and against a side overdue a win with exactly the type of players who have caused us trouble all season. I'm sensing another Sunderland.

They're not overdue a win. They haven't won much because they're sh*t. No team i'd rather play at the moment.

would like to see our intense pressing style return on Saturday as we seem to have lost that abit against Newcastle. if we can do that, won't even be worried if shaw is out and fox has to play as the ball won't make it into our half. come on you saints lets get a confidence boosting win before Norwich away. 6 points from these two games and I can rest easy and enjoy the football for the rest of the season

Got a very bad feeling about this one.

Personally can't see us winning, I'd take a draw right now if you offered it to me because QPR are such an unknown quantity.

It doesn't help that Poch has been a bit inconsistent to say the least, I didn't go to Newcastle (2nd away game I've missed all season) but heard our defending/Poch's tactics at times were pretty woeful.

QPR have always been a team to be wary of for me, not quite a bogey team as such but we've never beaten them at St. Mary's and its been 17 years since we least beat them in the league at home (1995/96 where we beat them 2-0 at The Dell).

I remember when we played them in 2006/07 when we were 3rd in the League and they were about 17th/18th and everyone was like '4-1, 5-1, 6-0, 5-0, 4-0 easy win' and we lost 2-1 (starting our descent down the league that season)....

It's QPR, they are bottom because they are ****e! They have won 2 games all season. If we play our current style they will fall to pieces. They don't have the quality to pass it out through our high lines. Lets have some confidence!

They're not overdue a win. They haven't won much because they're sh*t. No team i'd rather play at the moment.

This. There are Championship teams that would cause is more problems. And people say "oh but they have Remy". Get over it ffs we have bloody Lambert. He'll cause them much more problems than him.

I'm nervous as I haven't seen us play for 3 weeks and we let in four goals last game vs relegation candidates. Just want it to be over with this game!!

Hardly a relegation team on current form as the Toons have turned a big corner recently.

QPR are at the bottom because they are ****, If Saints turn up then I nobody will beat us, over to you MP to make sure they do.

Get a grip people!

We've mixed it pretty well with top 6 sides since Xmas, of course it will be hard, they have it all to play for, plus the saggy effect.

We need an Everton-style start to blow them away in the first 20 mins, we are a much better footballing side than them, we have a better defence than them, a better midfield than them, and more firepower than them.

They are bottom (for a reason) and with two wins all season.

Last week was a blip, away after a two week lay-off, we were out-battled and out-played by a decent team (that hasn't happened too often recently) and a team who needed a fair bit of lady luck to secure their home win.

We should win tomorrow, yes it will be hard, yes there will be moments along the way, but I will be gutted with anything less than a win tomorrow.

4-0 Saints.

We really should be more confident, we're only nervous coz they're 'due a win'. They won't get it if we play like we have been, theres no reason why we wont blow them out of the water after 20 mins. They HAVE to win, and we like it when teams come at us. They struggle score at the best of times.. Remy will be a threat but keep the supply quiet and we'll be okay!

Redknapp: "No one was more disappointed than me when Southampton were relegated. We got cut adrift"

I don't think we were ever cut adrift that year. We were out of the bottom 3 in march for christ sake! Should have gone on from there.

We also were only 1 or 2 points from Saftey by the close of play. (and could have stayed up on the last day). Don't think that's being cut adrift, but correct me if i'm wrong.

nntzgxlse8bz27pcb2zi_normal.jpegQPR FC ‏@OfficialQPR

HR: "I don't think anyone could have worst luck than we did than at Southampton. It has been more difficult here if I am honest."

nntzgxlse8bz27pcb2zi_normal.jpegQPR FC ‏@OfficialQPR

HR: "No one was more upset than I was that Southampton got relegated. I gave everything I had."

If giving everything you've had is then turning around and saying ''My heart was never in it'' , then QPR are ****ed.

I don't think we were ever cut adrift that year. We were out of the bottom 3 in march for christ sake! Should have gone on from there.

We also were only 1 or 2 points from Saftey by the close of play. (and could have stayed up on the last day). Don't think that's being cut adrift, but correct me if i'm wrong.

A point V United would have kept us up on the last day.

Saying that, holding on in any of the Villa, Boro, Everton or Arsenal games would have also seen us safe.

Especially the Arsenal one, where 4 minutes of injury time was given and they scored in the 6th...

Saying that, holding on in any of the Villa, Boro, Everton or Arsenal games would have also seen us safe.

Exactly. So where he's coming from on the cut adrift point is beyond me.

Shows he didn't really give a **** as he can't even remember the structure of the season.

told you his press conference would be bull !

I pray we win this bloody game......

Especially the Arsenal one, where 4 minutes of injury time was given and they scored in the 6th...

Pretty sure we would have needed the win because Pompey laid down against West Brom?

But yeah, I still get ****ed off with the ref remembering that Arsenal game even now.

Exactly. So where he's coming from on the cut adrift point is beyond me.

Shows he didn't really give a **** as he can't even remember the structure of the season.

LOL. That's a massive load of ******.

As for Redknapp when he was here, I thought he improved us really and the players did let him down. Had he started the season, there's no way we would have been relegated. Lowe is more to blame for sacking Sturrock after two games and putting Wigley in charge. The following season, OK, he acted like a nob and jumped ship to the skates. But, personally I don't blame him for our relegation. Anyway, I really enjoed our Lge 1 and C'ship seasons, so don't care too much about our relegation now.

LOL. That's a massive load of ******.

As for Redknapp when he was here, I thought he improved us really and the players did let him down. Had he started the season, there's no way we would have been relegated. Lowe is more to blame for sacking Sturrock after two games and putting Wigley in charge. The following season, OK, he acted like a nob and jumped ship to the skates. But, personally I don't blame him for our relegation. Anyway, I really enjoed our Lge 1 and C'ship seasons, so don't care too much about our relegation now.

Why is it a massive load of ****? It's clearly not, as he clearly didn't give a ****.

If you think he improved us, then you are living in an odd world. I blame him every bit for our relegation, a manager who wanted to be here and gave a **** would have kept that side up.