Summer 2013 HCDAJFU / Transfer thread

Glasgow_Saint

Have a feeling it will be Transfer deadline day for us and lots of other clubs this year. A lot of money in the market and some time pressure for both buyers and sellers will get things moving. This especially so considering most sellers don't seem to need/want to sell and as such can extract the highest possible price by waiting until the last day when desperation kicks in. Time to service the fax machine!

I think the additions of Wanyama & Louvren already strengthen us over last year plus likely performance improvements from Shaw, JWP, Rodriguez, Chambers & Ramirez should make us significantly stronger. I don't think we have many players in decline potentially only Fonte & Lambert, but you could easily debate successfully both of those.

Our current team I think therefore has enough to get to about position 8-10, however for a top 6 push we would likely need a Banega, Damiao & Astori (Jan) type additions and thats about an additional 40m!

because he's ex Pompey or because you think he couldnt dajfu?

Personally I think he's way to greedy, doesn't work hard enough and doesn't link up play well enough to fit in with our style of play. I know he's a proven goal scorer but I think we need someone who'd fit in better.

because he's ex Pompey or because you think he couldnt dajfu?

Looked like he had lost a bit of pace last season and was quite ineffective in most games from what I saw. At the right price maybe...but would be only a couple of mill at most.

In fact, I wouldn't take him for a few mill.

Edited by skintsaint
Change of opinion

If we're talking seriously, then Defoe doesn't fit us at all. He's always been best with a strike partner, which has limited him at Spurs since they moved to 1 up front. He's been off form, he's very greedy, which isn't too bad in a striker but I don't think there's much else to his game. He's not young enough, expensive wages on the way down. He's a west ham or stoke signing all over. I'm sure he'd get 10-15 goals for the right team still, just don't think it's us.

This

He will go back to WHAM

If we're talking seriously, then Defoe doesn't fit us at all. He's always been best with a strike partner, which has limited him at Spurs since they moved to 1 up front. He's been off form, he's very greedy, which isn't too bad in a striker but I don't think there's much else to his game. He's not young enough, expensive wages on the way down. He's a west ham or stoke signing all over. I'm sure he'd get 10-15 goals for the right team still, just don't think it's us.

Absolutely this.

Have a feeling it will be Transfer deadline day for us and lots of other clubs this year. A lot of money in the market and some time pressure for both buyers and sellers will get things moving. This especially so considering most sellers don't seem to need/want to sell and as such can extract the highest possible price by waiting until the last day when desperation kicks in. Time to service the fax machine!

I think the additions of Wanyama & Louvren already strengthen us over last year plus likely performance improvements from Shaw, JWP, Rodriguez, Chambers & Ramirez should make us significantly stronger. I don't think we have many players in decline potentially only Fonte & Lambert, but you could easily debate successfully both of those.

Our current team I think therefore has enough to get to about position 8-10, however for a top 6 push we would likely need a Banega, Damiao & Astori (Jan) type additions and thats about an additional 40m!

Just to keep up the positive agenda, a top 6 is highly achievable with the squad we have assembled and that is without any further additions.

Looked like he had lost a bit of pace last season and was quite ineffective in most games from what I saw. At the right price maybe...but would be only a couple of mill at most.

In fact, I wouldn't take him for a few mill.

fair enough - not seen too many full games where he's played. Just notice the goals and he seems to score alot.

Caulker certainly didnt do himself any injustice at Swansea, 9m is possibly a little steep but thats the English premium for you. Good player nonetheless though.

Cardiff are building a reasonable little team.

Cornelius, some keeper, some Derby right back and now Caulker. So like two real signings

Just to keep up the positive agenda, a top 6 is highly achievable with the squad we have assembled and that is without any further additions.

Interesting of you to go on record saying that we have assembled a squad worthy of competing for TOP 6!

Nice to leave the "yo-yo strategy" behind.....

Most important thing for a promoted side is goals. I'm not convinced they have that yet but we'll see. I do think they'll do ok, mainly due to a good home record and being hard to beat. Think they'll get near 30 points at home anyway.

Agree Adrian. They need that Cornelius fella to come good.

They still need a DMC as well to fill the Wanyama role that they luckily missed out on as well.

Which Saints defender would you take? Clyne, Shaw or Yoshi or Forte? all 4.5m on my FF

I'd take Forte. Even if he doesn't keep many clean sheets, he is pretty quick and will pick up the occasional tap in.

Which Saints defender would you take? Clyne, Shaw or Yoshi or Forte? all 4.5m on my FF

Clyne was the consistent choice last year, Morg at 5.5m is a bargain in midfield as well.

Sadly Lambert is up to 7.5m making him not such an instant choice to buy this time round.

How do you go 3-4-3?

Just drag and drop one of your defenders for a midfielder/striker in 'Pick your Team'. You can play any formation you like so long as there's at least three defenders, two midfielders and one striker.

Edited by DuncanRG