Summer 2013 HCDAJFU / Transfer thread

Glasgow_Saint

Don't think Downing has ever set the world alight, but I do think he has quality and would be an excellent addition to the Saints squad.

As others have said, looking at Damiao's scoring record, £20 million would be a massive rip off in my eyes. Looking at the stats, and his playing style, I would be annoyed if we paid any more than half of that figure. In fact, I wouldn't bother signing him at all, much better options out there, especially for £20 Million.

Maybe we can sell Guly using the same Jedi mind trick?

Deffo! I imagine that Guly's zero goals in 40 appearances or whatever is affecting his resale price, but if we could get him Brazil call up + make out like Napoli or someone is interest, I dare say we could get £10m off QPR.

That goalscoring record suggests 20m plus would be a pretty large overpayment.

His strike rate is comparable to Neymar's during his time in Brazil (83 in 149 games for LD vs 136 in 225 games for N). Neymar is clearly a far superior player, but that's reflected in the asking price. Brazil is no longer a struggling economy and there's now plenty of money swilling around the league unlike a decade ago when Kaka went to Milan for about 6m. Moura went to PSG for about 39m with only 33 career goals to his name; Bernard is being linked with a 20m+ move to Europe with only 36 career goals. The price quoted for LD is entirely in line with the market.

Defoe could be available. Knows where the back of the net is. Downside, knows the treatment table quite well.

Worth a go?

Year of birth 1982 so approx 31 years old and roughly the same age as Rickie.

I think maybe that answers the question in terms of "The Southampton Way" we sign players?

Confirmed?

Reports in Brummie mail that they hope to get the deal wrapped up later this week. He'll do well there. I personally think a player with his ability and a massive point to prove, let alone needing to get his career back on track would be useful to Saints.

I'm not asking whether the Don is going to sign him, I'm asking everyone reading this forum whether they think he's worth a punt.

Defoe chatting to JRod on the training ground day in day out and latching on to the end of our lovely moves at the weekend for a season, maybe two... yes I think I'd go for him. As well as being known for developing youth we used to be renowned for bringing in veterans who had a year or two left to complement our youth. Seemed to remember doing okay with this setup.

I'm not asking whether the Don is going to sign him, I'm asking everyone reading this forum whether they think he's worth a punt.

yeah he's small enough, I would pick him up and volley him with my right foot, reckon I could launch him at least 5m, is that long enough to be considered a punt ?

In terms of strikers linked, now Damiao is a definite non-starter and Osvaldo seems like a similar situation we have been linked with include:

Gonzalo Bergessio (Catania, 29 yo, 13 goals in 32 league games last season)

Moussa Sow (27, Fenerbahce, 15 in 31 games last season)

Kennedy Igbonanike (24, AIK Stockholm, 9 goals in 18 games so far this season)

Moussa Sow would be a great signing IMO. Pace to burn, finds space really well, great technique, brave with his head, near post, far post, finds space (again), razor sharp onto through passes. All this points to no chance of us getting him. However, if I were to allow myself to dream a little.. I'd say Gaston would love playing with him (sic)... if they could get on the same wavelength we'd have the final piece in the jigsaw... PACE in attack.. and not a headless chicken kind of pace either re: Mayuka.

Moussa Sow would be a great signing IMO. Pace to burn, finds space really well, great technique, brave with his head, near post, far post, finds space (again), razor sharp onto through passes. All this points to no chance of us getting him. However, if I were to allow myself to dream a little.. I'd say Gaston would love playing with him (sic)... if they could get on the same wavelength we'd have the final piece in the jigsaw... PACE in attack.. and not a headless chicken kind of pace either re: Mayuka.

I saw Mayuka written up as the Zambian Moussa Sow somewhere or other the other day. Don't know what he'd done to deserve that, might have been a game against Libya, don't remember.

Never saw us linked with Remy. But I guess your made up ITK knows.

there was a link but it was just bolloaks as usual. Not even coherent, why anyone would pay 15 million for a player with an 8 million release clause and a serious charge pending just makes no sense. Still I don't doubt that most rumours mongers have the IQ of a plank of wood and don't see the flaws in whatever it is that they make up to titilate their equally moronic chums.

Hey Fletcher Reede,

You posted 4x on this Remy thread!! Your memory is v.bad

http://www.saintsweb.co.uk/showthread.php?45997-Saints-in-for-Remy#.UgEyxcu9KSM

That not a link is it. Unless that's how good your ITK is.

And I think he'll score a few for Norwich yes, but don't think he'll particularly stand out. Think Rodriguez is better.

I want to see Saints continue to go all out on targets above our perceived "size". i.e Gaston, Lovren, wanyama. Who would have thought 3 years ago that we would spend approx 32mil on 3 promising young players?

If we cannot close some of these deals i.e Damiao, Benega, Osvaldo then I believe that we would have other irons in the fire. May happen late in the window, may not happen at all......transfers are complicated.

Reach for the stars and you might just touch them, stick to what you know and you will be stuck in mediocrity.

http://football.sport-express.ru/premier/news/604991/

fter the match of the 4th round of the Premier League with "growth", in which "Anji" is lost with a score of 0-1, the owner of the club and Makhachkala Suleiman Kerimov had problems with his health. Pondering the future of the Dagestan team for a few days, the businessman has come to the conclusion that it is not necessary in the future to spend your nerves and health. Kerimov has decided to change the vector of development of the club, which will be focused not on the stars, and on the local players. Today will be officially introduced as head coach Haji Hajiyev, who will replace Dutchman Rene Melenstena.

Note that the owner of "Anji" brought leaders of the team and assured that they will be employed and receive their due under the contract sum.

The fact that Karimov will leave the Makhachkala club, at the moment the question. (Artush MKRTCHYAN)

Cost of the leading players, "Anji" Evaluation of the portal transfermarkt.de:

Willian - 30 million euros

Samuel Eto 'O - 22 million euros

Igor Denisov - 16 million euros

Lacina Traore - 16 million euros

Alexander Kokorin - 15 million euros

Lassana Diarra - 14 million euros

Mubarak Bussufa - 14 million euros

Christopher Samba - 11 million euros

Zhusiley - 11 million euros

Yuri Zhirkov - 11 million euros

Vladimir Gabulov - 6.5 million euros

Looks like Anzhi's ridiculously rich owner has grown fed up of all the egos/got bored of spending money and not winning anything and sacked their dutch coach and plans to sell all the stars including Samba, who they only re-signed a few weeks ago. Any on there you'd take, prices for the players are taken from transfermarkt.de and are not valuations by the club? I'd have Zhirkov in a heartbeat and Lacina Traore too.

In terms of strikers linked, now Damiao is a definite non-starter and Osvaldo seems like a similar situation we have been linked with include:

Gonzalo Bergessio (Catania, 29 yo, 13 goals in 32 league games last season)

Moussa Sow (27, Fenerbahce, 15 in 31 games last season)

Kennedy Igbonanike (24, AIK Stockholm, 9 goals in 18 games so far this season)

Whoop de doo, all older and no better then Bony, Hooper and Wolfswinkel. Not the standard of player we should be aiming for if we want to be top half.

http://football.sport-express.ru/premier/news/604991/

Looks like Anzhi's ridiculously rich owner has grown fed up of all the egos/got bored of spending money and not winning anything and sacked their dutch coach and plans to sell all the stars including Samba, who they only re-signed a few weeks ago. Any on there you'd take, prices for the players are taken from transfermarkt.de and are not valuations by the club? I'd have Zhirkov in a heartbeat and Lacina Traore too.

Any reason you'd sign Zhirkov? didn't say anything during his spell in England that suggested he was actually any good. He's also been a flop for Anzi. Not a great player, lived on the hype of euro 2008 I think.

I'd take Willian though, very talented brazillian. Think Spurs were seriously pushing for him at one point.

He can play all over the front 4.

Any reason you'd sign Zhirkov? didn't say anything during his spell in England that suggested he was actually any good. He's also been a flop for Anzi. Not a great player, lived on the hype of euro 2008 I think.

I'd take Willian though, very talented brazillian. Think Spurs were seriously pushing for him at one point.

He can play all over the front 4.

I didn't think he had a fair crack at Chelsea, but I his ability to play at LM and LB would be useful. Doesn't matter though, paying 10m for a 29 year sold would be a bad idea and I doubt their owner will be selling on the cheap as there doesn't appear to be any financial trouble, the owner is just ****ed off with it all.

As for Willian, I'm not sure he's lived up to the price tag for Anzhi.

TBH sounds like very few of these expensive signings have lived up to their billing seeing as they have not won anything or even qualified for the CL.

Southampton & Sunderland Battle it Out In Pursuit Of Senegal Striker Moussa Sow

by Michael Oliver | 1 hour ago Comments 0Huddle

St Mary's and Stadium of Light sides both keen on Fenerbahce forward.

St Mary's and Stadium of Light sides both keen on Fenerbahce forward.

Sunderland and Southampton are battling it out for the signing of Fenerbahce striker Moussa Sow, reports the Daily Star.

Both Premier League clubs are keen on signing the Senegalese forward this summer as they look to strengthen their squads to avoid the drop this season. The former Arsenal and Borussia Dortmund target has impressed since his move to Turkey and has often been linked with a move to the Premier League.

Sunderland having already signed striker Jozy Altidore this summer from Dutch side AZ Alkmaar, are still looking to add one more forward this summer before the start of the season, but would need to offload one of their current forwards. Ji Dong-Won would be the likely candidate to leave the club, as well as Connor Wickham, who could leave on loan again this summer.

Manager Paolo Di Canio is desperate to add some real quality to his side this season, having already signed 11 players, including the likes of Modibo Diakite from Lazio and Emanuele Giaccherini from Juventus, the 27-year old striker would round off a great summers work in the North East, the Black Cats have already had a £12million bid turned down for Sow this summer, but are willing to improve that offer.

Southampton are also keen on Moussa Sow, as they search for a strike partner for Rickie Lambert. Manager Mauricio Pochettino must offload a number of strikers before he signs Sow this summer, with the likes of Billy Sharp, Tadinari Lee and Emmanuel Mayuka all being made available for transfer this summer.