Summer 2013 HCDAJFU / Transfer thread

Glasgow_Saint

Monk how do you know this guy was itk regarding damiao? What is his link?

He is an agent I met at a UEFA conference, seemed to know a lot about the Juve wingers move to Sunderland, Napoli and I believe his partner is involved in the Fulham- Darren Bent deal.

Seemed legit, he had a FIFA licence with him plus an A8 with Italian plates.

Edited by Monk

I reckon the next week goes as following:

1) We sign a striker

2) We get all excited for a day and post about him and feel good about ourselves.

3) A day later we all go back to moaning about the lack of creative attacking midfielders in our squad and lack of centre backs of good quality.

Typical football fans really! Let's hope we bring in that striker at least - I can actually see Lambert playing behind a striker...

Next week:

1. We don't sign a striker.

2. we get all depresessed about the forthcoming season and feel bad about ourselves.

3. We all go back to moaning abput the lack of creative midfielders in our squada and lack of centre backs of good quality, plus our chronic lack of a world class striker.

Typical football fans really! Let's hope we bring in that striker at least - I can actually see Lambert playing behind a striker...

Might want to get itchen_dan to confirm, but from looking at Alan Nixon's timeline, there seems to be talk (or assumptions) about Mayuka *maybe* joining Wigan on loan.

James O'Connor ‏@Makaveli26986 55m

@reluctantnicko are wigan any closer to bringing an attacker in al?

Alan Nixon ‏@reluctantnicko Protected account 53m

@Makaveli26986 Mayuka would be a loan ... u did well with that stab the other day btw.

I wish we could set ours sights a little lower and go for more realistic targets as these big money targets seem to be more hassle than their worth and its debateable whether they bring that much more to the table apart from high wages and their clubs taking the p*ss with fees etc, not to mention the blood sucking agents.

Swansea seem to get it right with the likes of Michu last season and Bony Wilfried this season.

I wish we could set ours sights a little lower and go for more realistic targets as these big money targets seem to be more hassle than their worth and its debateable whether they bring that much more to the table apart from high wages and their clubs taking the p*ss with fees etc, not to mention the blood sucking agents.

Swansea seem to get it right with the likes of Michu last season and Bony Wilfried this season.

Don't know how to say this but Michu was an absolute fluke. No doubt about it IMO. If he was that good he would've never gone to Swansea for the small sum he did. He was NEVER expected to make the impact he did, similar to Lambert and Holt etc.

Bony still cost £12m and is probably on higher wages than a lot of the Swansea squad. That deal even took time over agent fees etc.

Why go for average players when we have the ability to spend big and go for the most wanted players in European football?

Michu was an absolute fluke. No doubt about it. He was NEVER expected to make the impact he did, similar to Lambert and Holt etc. No one expected them to make the impacts they did.

Michu scored 15 goals in La Liga in the season before he moved to Swansea, whilst playing for the team that finished 15th.

Is it really much of a surprise he scored 18 goals for Swansea in the following season?

A player scoring regularly in one top European league, moving to another top European league and scoring regularly SHOCKER!

Yes, he may have flopped, not adapted etc, but it isn't a huge surprise he did well.

yes, it is a surprise

Mayuka needs games, Wigan would be a great move for him because they will create a lot of chances this season and he could come back a better player.

All assuming we get someone in, which Im sure we will.

Would be a good move for him. Interesting to see how he does at that level.

Imagine he'd thrive alongside Holt.

@reluctantnicko: @782926Bfc @JoshHealy He is an option ... Sharp is a wanted man - even more wanted by the day.

@reluctantnicko: @RonanMoorhouse @782926Bfc @JoshHealy Lot of clubs getting serious about him now. Burnley wages offer is very low ...

@reluctantnicko: @782926Bfc @RonanMoorhouse @JoshHealy U would love Sharp. But need to dig deeper.

@reluctantnicko: @RonanMoorhouse @782926Bfc @JoshHealy Celtic not coming for him. Doncaster waffle. So u have a chance. But Saints want more money

If we let him go, we should sign Franco Di Santo as a squad forward. Apparently a free agent, and looked decent at St Mary's last season.

Why do we need to bring in "squad forwards"? Our signings should be better than the current 1st choice in their positions, that is how you improve as a club. Bringing in average Premier squad players is what Rupert Lowe did and ended in disaster.

Why do we need to bring in "squad forwards"? Our signings should be better than the current 1st choice in their positions, that is how you improve as a club. Bringing in average Premier squad players is what Rupert Lowe did and ended in disaster.

Agree, Di Santo would be pointless. Might as well keep Mayuka than bring him in.

If we let him go, we should sign Franco Di Santo as a squad forward. Apparently a free agent, and looked decent at St Mary's last season.

One of the worst centre forwards I've ever seen in my life. Utterly hopeless. With a scoring record comparable to Benali, and we don't need squad players anyway. Would be a pretty pointless signing.

Don't know how to say this but Michu was an absolute fluke. No doubt about it IMO. If he was that good he would've never gone to Swansea for the small sum he did. He was NEVER expected to make the impact he did, similar to Lambert and Holt etc.

Bony still cost £12m and is probably on higher wages than a lot of the Swansea squad. That deal even took time over agent fees etc.

Why go for average players when we have the ability to spend big and go for the most wanted players in European football?

The thing is going for them and getting them are two different matters when bigger clubs than us are sniffing around as well.

Agreed, Michu was a steal but surely there are others about like him even if we have to pay 10 mill or thereabouts, but the targets we are supposedly linked with atm are muted to be on excess of 20 million.

One of the worst centre forwards I've ever seen in my life. Utterly hopeless. With a scoring record comparable to Benali, and we don't need squad players anyway. Would be a pretty pointless signing.

You didn't watch the Wigan game last season then?

5 goals in 35 Premier League games is not impressive and he wouldn't be an upgrade on what we have in our starting XI.

Why do we need to bring in "squad forwards"? Our signings should be better than the current 1st choice in their positions, that is how you improve as a club. Bringing in average to below average Premier League squad players is what Rupert Lowe did and ended in disaster.

Wanyama and Lovren are upgrades on what we had, so would Damiao. That appears to be the transfer policy this summer, not signing players like Di Santo.

Edited by Matthew Le God

From what I've seen of Mayuka, he needs a lot of seasoning and he won't get much of that training with Saints and not playing. There is only so much work you can do with a player on the training ground - perhaps improving his tactical awareness and mentality, but he really needs a lot of game time to progress at this stage I think.

If we are to let him go on loan, then I think we'd be buying another striker one way or another. I just hope it is a genuine target rather than a £5m+ 'stop gap' signing.

http://translate.google.co.uk/translate?client=firefox-a&hl=en&ie=UTF8&oe=UTF8&u=http://www.tuttomercatoweb.com/serie-a/esclusiva-tmw-nuova-idea-tottenham-baldini-segue-bergessio-471670

Gonzalo Bergessio, who we were linked with a few weeks ago and according to this we are still looking at, is now interesting Spurs according to this report. Can't say I've ever seen him play, but 13 in 32 last season isn't bad and being 29 he probably wouldn't cost nearly as much as Damiao.

5 goals in 35 Premier League games is not impressive and he wouldn't be an upgrade on what we have in our starting XI.

Why do we need to bring in "squad forwards"? Our signings should be better than the current 1st choice in their positions, that is how you improve as a club. Bringing in average to below average Premier League squad players is what Rupert Lowe did and ended in disaster.

Wanyama and Lovren are upgrades on what we had, so would Damiao. That appears to be the transfer policy this summer, not signing players like Di Santo.

Get rid of Mayuka and replace him with an Argentinian international. I reckon that is a net improvement.