Summer 2013 HCDAJFU / Transfer thread

Glasgow_Saint

Scott Sinclair ‏@Scotty_Sinclair 18m

A fresh start of new things to come!

Scott Sinclair ‏@Scotty_Sinclair 12m

Hoping to get more of a chance this season than last!!! Only time will tell

Probably means nothing but you never know...

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2381471/Helen-Flanagan-sends-loud-clear-message-Scott-Sinclair-slogan-moves-shared-home.html

Being told its WHU :(

Surprised. Thought he'd go to either West Brom or even back to Swansea. I think he'd be good for us, and I know we run out the "his brother plays in our academy" line, but it's true, and you'd think he'd want to aid his development.

We needs to get Jake to have words with his big bro, and fast!

Surprised. Thought he'd go to either West Brom or even back to Swansea. I think he'd be good for us, and I know we run out the "his brother plays in our academy" line, but it's true, and you'd think he'd want to aid his development.

We needs to get Jake to have words with his big bro, and fast!

Glasgow has zero sources.

Caulker going to Cardiff for £9m? Would be an excellent signing.

Thought he had a massive potential ability rating on FM but in reality was bog average at the moment with a massive price tag a. because of his "potential" and b. because he's very home grown....

Sticking my neck out on this one and saying £9m is too much and Levy at Spurs just wants another ivory back scratcher

Thought he had a massive potential ability rating on FM but in reality was bog average at the moment with a massive price tag a. because of his "potential" and b. because he's very home grown....

Sticking my neck out on this one and saying £9m is too much and Levy at Spurs just wants another ivory back scratcher

Not sure about that, had a brilliant season at Swansea whilst playing the same sort of football we want to be playing here. Fits in with our young and English philosophy too so I'd be quite surprised if we hadn't even enquired.

The bid accepted in Spain I posted about was lost in translation. It was in reference to a bid that went in for Osvaldo & he rejected which is well documentated.

Socidedad made an enquiry in July from Morgan, club & player rejected.

I see Michel Bastos (played against us for Schalke last week) is probably going to move to Al Ain. Even though he's pushing 30 that is just a sacrilegious waste of talent. Must be able to get better than that for a transfer fee of 4 million €.

Edited by Window Cleaner

@SkySportsPeteO: Cardiff agree deal to sign Tottenham defender Steven Caulker on 5 year deal. #ccfc #thfc #spurs

As a side note -

@SkySportsPeteO: Bournemouth have agreed a deal to sign Norwich winger Andrew Surman on season-long loan #afcb #ncfc

Agree with Charlie. Great signing for Bompey.

Fair play to Cardiff for the Caulker deal too - I thought that was just a tabloid rumour earlier.

We should have hijacked the Caulker deal.

Edited by Badger

For £9m, I'd love him here. I really rate him and he's still very young. Think he'll be England's first choice CB in a few years.

Perfect example of how insanely inflated transfer fees are for mediocre English players. For that kind of money you will get far more value abroad.

For £9m, I'd love him here. I really rate him and he's still very young. Think he'll be England's first choice CB in a few years.

Perfect example of how insanely inflated transfer fees are for mediocre English players. For that kind of money you will get far more value abroad.

Time will tell whether Caulker at £8/9m is better value than Lovren for a similar fee.

I know we work quietly behind the scenes but other than the Damiao link we really have heard nothing about anything or anyone,we are not even linked to anyone.i am not panicking but as I have faith in RL & J-Rod but you just feel we need a higher calibre of ST to push us that little bit further than we already are.if we have tried getting Osvaldo and Damiao and they are no gos who is available for us to bring in?

I'll say one hing about the Caulker deal - Cardiff didn't hang about with that! News only filtered through about it this morning and he was signed by six pm. Swift stuff from Cardiff - must've been concerned they'd be trumped at the 11th hour.

It was stated he would be first choice in the England team in a few years.

You said you disagreed and he is overrated because he's English.

I was replying to the first bit. he said he would love him here, i disagreed. Now fack off MLG.

Not seen enough of Caulker to make a judgement, but do Spurs have a recent history if letting players go that come back to haunt them? They are a top 5 side so are looking for world class player to improve them.

Cardiff could be yet another former championship side that surprises the blase Prem sides. Could be a good season...

Caulker certainly didnt do himself any injustice at Swansea, 9m is possibly a little steep but thats the English premium for you. Good player nonetheless though.

Cardiff are building a reasonable little team.

I think they will hold their own this season.