Summer 2013 HCDAJFU / Transfer thread

Glasgow_Saint

http://translate.google.co.uk/translate?client=firefox-a&hl=en&ie=UTF8&oe=UTF8&u=http://www.tuttomercatoweb.com/serie-a/esclusiva-tmw-nuova-idea-tottenham-baldini-segue-bergessio-471670

Gonzalo Bergessio, who we were linked with a few weeks ago and according to this we are still looking at, is now interesting Spurs according to this report. Can't say I've ever seen him play, but 13 in 32 last season isn't bad and being 29 he probably wouldn't cost nearly as much as Damiao.

Just watched some of his goals from last season. Good movement and excellent composed finisher.

Will Hughes will be quality but he's better off where he is at the moment, not many premier league clubs are going to play a 17/18 year old in attacking midfield.

Dug this old post out. Just watched him get MotM vs Blackburn. Such a neat & tidy little player. Big future ahead of him.

Juventus looking to sell two out of these four, Sebastian Giovinco, Alessandro Matri, Fabio Quagliarella and Mirko Vucinic.

Any takers?

I´ll take Vucinic but wages would be the problem....

Seems that Quagliarella and Matri are the ones that they want to shift, but with the right money they'd be prepared to part with Giovinco or Vucinic instead.

Personally I would love Giovinco here, think he's the kind of player that would fit in really well with our style of play. Incredibly quick, very tricky and a good finisher. Equally adept playing out wide as well. Can't help but think that if he was to leave Juve then it would be for a Top 4/6 club, however if Mr Cortese can work his magic on him then I would be delighted to have him here!

Seems that Quagliarella and Matri are the ones that they want to shift, but with the right money they'd be prepared to part with Giovinco or Vucinic instead.

Personally I would love Giovinco here, think he's the kind of player that would fit in really well with our style of play. Incredibly quick, very tricky and a good finisher. Equally adept playing out wide as well. Can't help but think that if he was to leave Juve then it would be for a Top 4/6 club, however if Mr Cortese can work his magic on him then I would be delighted to have him here!

Giovinco would be awesome but wouldn't come here, Arsenal, Spurs and Chelsea should be all over Vucinic

One of the worst centre forwards I've ever seen in my life. Utterly hopeless. With a scoring record comparable to Benali, and we don't need squad players anyway. Would be a pretty pointless signing.

You are aware than RVP's scoring record is comparable to Benali's? :rolleyes:

Remy, eh. Another entry to the gallery of charmers among recent Newcastle players.. Ranger, Barton, Dyer, Bowyer, Bramble, Bellamy...feel free to add your own. I'm happy not to be associated with that sort, thanks.

Edited by Foxy

I think we'll sign one more on deadline day. There's still too many players dragging out moves, looking at options. Would all be done and dusted if deadline was 1st August.

I agree on the transfer window, make it 31 July. That'd get players, agents and clubs properly focused on concluding business promptly and would probably reduce traffic on twitter - and all the rubbish re-posted on here - by about 50%!

I've been delighted with the two players we have signed - plus keeping Shaw - but the striker situation is too urgent now to leave to the final day. Need to focus on realistic but exciting targets like Vydra - knows English football, has pace, can finish and speaks the language. Unless Udinese are going to start him and as Watford didn't get promotion, he'd probably be keen to join and we could get it done in 72 hours. With J Rod out of form still, we are far too reliant on Rickie and him, Gaston from long range and the centre halves getting forward from set pieces are our only prospects of scoring at WBA which will cost us 3 points. Ideally, we want the new striker to feature at some stage in the final friendly at the weekend in the run up to WBA.

That Soldado transfer may get the market shifting.

No credible source, but have seen a couple of snippets that we may be interested in Moussa Sow. Whether that's true or not he's the sort of player that could take us to the next level.

I don't actually mind not signing a striker until the last minute as long as we get someone in. I remember last summer being certain we were going to get a CB and being left disappointed.

didn't we sign Yoshida last summer? Oh... I can see now why you were left dissappointed.

Juventus looking to sell two out of these four, Sebastian Giovinco, Alessandro Matri, Fabio Quagliarella and Mirko Vucinic.

Any takers?

I´ll take Vucinic but wages would be the problem....

Vucinic? Yes please. He is an ideal SRL upgrade. Tough, skillful and a goalscorer. BUT.........he will not join a club like us.

I don't think wages would actually be the problem but if any Juve striker is joining us he would be my choice 10 times out of 10. He would score 20 goals this year imo. Giovinco in the EPl? Well, he is unbelievably short and difficult to mark and he could play as a second striker perhaps ~ but he is not a centre-forward and we seem to want one of those first and foremost.

Fine if that's your opinion, but I thought Yoshida did extremely well for a first season, AND having to play alongside lesser CBs. He was pretty much the best CB despite never having played in the country or that level before. Think he could be fantastic alongside a stronger partner.

So while I'd like another quality CB, we've made Jos and Fonte reserves rather than starters which is a big step forward.

I think he will do a job but I don't think it really matches with our ambitions of a high finishing position. If either get injured longer term then we have a really problem.

Fine if that's your opinion, but I thought Yoshida did extremely well for a first season, AND having to play alongside lesser CBs. He was pretty much the best CB despite never having played in the country or that level before. Think he could be fantastic alongside a stronger partner.

So while I'd like another quality CB, we've made Jos and Fonte reserves rather than starters which is a big step forward.

I'd agree with that, I thought Yoshi was excellent overall last year. Especially considering he has never played in England and was throw in at the deep end (with sharks) in that Emirates horror show. Once Cork, Boruc and Yoshi slotted into the team we sealed up massively in defence. It was only our lack of scoring towards the end of the season which cost us a top half finish.

I'd definitely start the season with Yoshi and Lovren. Chucking 2 completely new CBs into the team is more than a little risky IMO, we'd be trying to fix problems which aren't really there.

Yes, injuries will weaken a team and like the other 19 teams, we need to hope our best players stay injury free as much as possible.

I don't know why Yoshida can't be part of a team finishing 8th-10th when he's already been part of a team a few points off 10th when playing with a far inferior partner and less experienced team.

We aren't aiming for tenth.

Sow is an absolute beast of a player in terms of presence and power, I don't know how attainable he is though - they pay players a lot in Turkey due to favourable tax laws.

Actually, just found this:

Fenerbahçe are keen to keep hold of Sow however, would have to listen to any offers which trigger his €17 million minimum-fee release clause.

The 26-year-old striker made €3.4 million this season however, his salary will drop to €2.6 million next season and €1.4 million in 2014-15 and 2015-16.

Sow has stated that he is happy in Turkey however, has also underlined that he would like to play in England one day.

Either way he'll need paying a lot even if he can be purchased for 'just' £15m - and then he needs to be interested in joining us from a Champions League club.

Sow is an absolute beast of a player in terms of presence and power, I don't know how attainable he is though - they pay players a lot in Turkey due to favourable tax laws.

Actually, just found this:

Either way he'll need paying a lot even if he can be purchased for 'just' £15m - and then he needs to be interested in joining us from a Champions League club.

Didn't Fenerbahce get banned from CL & EL for match fixing?

edit: ignore this apparently the CAS overturned the ban

Here's where the rumour started: Yesterday evening

soccer_sauce: Southampton have made official enquiry for Senegal international Moussa Sow. Player would carry fee of around £15m. #SAINTSFC #SAFC #AFC

Oh, another WUM twitter. Suprised that Batchlor character even mentioned it.