Harry Houdini

OldNick

Henry Redknapp, the Football Manager for whom a 'well respected' (!!!!) provincial newspaper ran a high profile campaign, backed by many of his rapturous fans and hangers on (eg at least one local MP), to petition the authorities to make the gentleman a Knight of the Realm.

I am sure the newspaper in question would not be too happy to be reminded of their stance!

His line on MOTD was it "wasn't my team"

Not even Lineker or Hansen took that seriously.

The man is a disgusting, hapless, corrupt cretin.

I remember after they beat Chelsea Harry said it's my team now !!make up your mind harry

You or I could have kept QPR up with that squad. Same as we could have won the league with Man U's squad.

Or am I missing something? Perhaps the manager does make a difference after all? I remember people on this forum saying that anyone could have got us promoted last season with the squad we had, and in fact Nigel Adkins was a poor manager because we didn't win the Championship. Well, perhaps the Championship will be more predictable next season and the most expensive squad will walk away with it, regardless of who the manager is. But I doubt it.

Twitchys getting roasted by some journo on Talksports The Press Pass. He said "Redknapps blamed the pitch, the players, Mark Hughes, the agents, and the owners for paying high wages in fact the only person not taking any blame is Harry Redknapp, the manager with a 16% win ratio".

I found it strange that the QPR supporters were blaming and very anti Mark Hughes during the game today. At least he kept them up last year with a fabulous run that Twitchy hasn't managed to get out of them. Nice to hear the Sky commentator mention his failure with us too. The parallels between his work here and at Rangers is uncanny. Only difference being Lowe had more sense than to hand him shed loads of money. Thats how much I hate Redknapp, he even drives me to give credit to Rupert !!!

Did Ben Haim ever make the side or was that another % transfer fee for the syndicate:rolleyes: I know Arry is not that sort of Manager..But do not trust his Dog;)

There would appear many aquisitions made by Harry that were lucky mascots:rolleyes:

OR was this player just another lucky mascot for Harry;)

PS Knowing Arry he will put a side together and walk the league and be the golden boy again..:(

His blooooody dog will win Crufts and go on to Manage England...:rolleyes:

Or has his ship sailed forever:)

Edited by ottery st mary

Harry blames the grass on the pitch but there is two teams playing on the same pitch, so its got to be rubbish for both teams, getting a new bowling green grass pitch wont help or is it money well spent .........yeah right !!

bring back joey.ha

Did Ben Haim ever make the side or was that another % transfer fee for the syndicate:rolleyes: I know Arry is not that sort of Manager..But do not trust his Dog;)

There would appear many aquisitions made by Harry that were lucky mascots:rolleyes:

OR was this player just another lucky mascot for Harry;)

PS Knowing Arry he will put a side together and walk the league and be the golden boy again..:(

His blooooody dog will win Crufts and go on to Manage England...:rolleyes:

Or has his ship sailed forever:)

He picked Ben Haim at left back last weekend, he was garbage. Shocking really, because he was outstanding at right back in the Portsmouth side relegated from the Championship a year ago. And by "shocking" I mean "utterly unsurprising", and by "outstanding" I mean "outstandingly bad".

A good piece in the DT Sport today after Rednapp's excuses.

"So, to summarise: partly the fault of Hughes, partly the fault of the owners, partly the fault of the players, but Rednapp himself? Just an innocent bystander caught in the wrong place at the wrong time. "Whatever he owners' plans are for the club, whether its with me, or whether it's with...it's not a problem for me"" he said. You just watch what happens if a lucrative job offer arrives in the summer."

Is the media sussing him out at last?

http://newsthump.com/2013/04/29/can-you-make-the-parachute-payment-out-to-cash-asks-redknapp/

Can you make the parachute payment out to ‘cash’, asks Redknapp

Following QPR’s relegation, manager Harry Redknapp has begun looking for the clubs ‘parachute’ payment, having apparently misinterpreted the terms of his contract.

Redknapp, who has a reputation for saving clubs in the midst of relegation battles, is said to have engaged in a late-night roam of Loftus Park’s executive suite for the famed payment after yesterday’s draw sealed the clubs fate.

“I came to QPR bristling with hope and ambition, particularly given the financial assurances I understood to be in place to protect me should the worst happen,” he told reporters at a press conference.

“Anyone thinking I came here to pick £80k a week to watch that go down the tube whilst the club picks up £40-50 million over the next four-seasons all because my managerial skills come up short, has more loose screws than Holloway prison.”

“They can bungee it to me for all I care.”

Redknapp’s parachute payment

When quizzed on the apparent disappearance of his Houdini like management qualities, the former West Ham manager was certain his performance demonstrated they remained fully intact and available for hire.

“The thing is, this relegation should only serve to reinforce the myth.”

“Afterall, my Harry Houdini act went out and did the ultimate Harry Houdini act by vanishing.”

“What more can you ask?”

Did anyone see MOTD 2 last night?

Les Ferdinand and Michael Owen roasting Bosingwa for his attitude, "look at him" said Les "they're relegated and he goes done the tunnel smiling".

Here's the clip, funny how nothing said about Redknapp who really seems to be enjoying it as much as Bosingwa, if not more.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/22314331

I feel sorry for the QPR fans half of there team do not deserve to put on there colours bunch of overpaid whinging prima donna's. If your in a relegation battle at least show a bit of heart and b*llocks. Samba on that much a week? I wouldn't pay him a quarter of that

Mr Peach just Retweeted this:

@IJTaylor81 3m

Story on @OfficialQPR soon, confirming Harry Redknapp will be staying on as #QPR manager. @tonyfernandes confirmed to us this afternoon #QPR

:lol:

LOL, why make an announcement of that? QPR are a strange club.

Mr Peach just Retweeted this:

@IJTaylor81 3m

Story on @OfficialQPR soon, confirming Harry Redknapp will be staying on as #QPR manager. @tonyfernandes confirmed to us this afternoon #QPR

:lol:

Yet another weird parallel with us.

Anyone remember that cringeworthy ego-stroking media love-in after he emerged from "crunch talks" with Rupert Lowe about his future with us after relegation?

Naturally, he agreed to stay (as though he was doing us the biggest favour) and received massive attention for it!

Yet another weird parallel with us.

Anyone remember that cringeworthy ego-stroking media love-in after he emerged from "crunch talks" with Rupert Lowe about his future with us after relegation?

Naturally, he agreed to stay (as though he was doing us the biggest favour) and received massive attention for it!

Yep, Its frightening just how similar it all is. Lets see where he is come Christmas :-)

Yep, Its frightening just how similar it all is. Lets see where he is come Christmas :-)

Lets see TF offer harry another 30m to chuck down the drain (of which he will obviously oblige) and then finally HR will leave in time for yet another new manager to come in, bemoan NW, MH and HR's signings only to be given 30m to spunk on players......

You get the picture, TF and QPR represent everything thats wrong in football

Did anyone see MOTD 2 last night?

Les Ferdinand and Michael Owen roasting Bosingwa for his attitude, "look at him" said Les "they're relegated and he goes done the tunnel smiling".

Here's the clip, funny how nothing said about Redknapp who really seems to be enjoying it as much as Bosingwa, if not more.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/22314331

I thought that at the time, if anything Bosingwa was reacting to a joke from his manager.