Harry Houdini

OldNick

A good piece in the DT Sport today after Rednapp's excuses.

"So, to summarise: partly the fault of Hughes, partly the fault of the owners, partly the fault of the players, but Rednapp himself? Just an innocent bystander caught in the wrong place at the wrong time. "Whatever he owners' plans are for the club, whether its with me, or whether it's with...it's not a problem for me"" he said. You just watch what happens if a lucrative job offer arrives in the summer."

Is the media sussing him out at last?

I sussed him out years ago. Cant you just be certain though that if he had managed to keep them up he would have had it be known subtly [but not subtly] because hes thick] that it was all down to him!

Most of it was Hughes fault, Redknapp couldnt correct the slide but the dressing room is totally split.

Hes staying but I see him resigning a couple of months into the season when were not in the top 6. I personally dont want him to stay but we cant sack him.

Still the training ground and cat 1 academy has been approved (dont want to get MLG going) and a stadium announcement is due soon. Its going to be a tough couple of years but the future is bright.

Most of it was Hughes fault, Redknapp couldnt correct the slide but the dressing room is totally split.

Hes staying but I see him resigning a couple of months into the season when were not in the top 6. I personally dont want him to stay but we cant sack him.

Still the training ground and cat 1 academy has been approved (dont want to get MLG going) and a stadium announcement is due soon. Its going to be a tough couple of years but the future is bright.

You're back?

Oh, bless.

"Would the person in block KL please listen to himself "The future is bright" Redknapp is still in charge your having a laugh"

Can you remind me of your post where you said that none of our players would be good enough to get into your team? Undoubtedly you have some quality there and it's just a pity that they can't play together as a team, rather than a bunch of individuals. That and the fact that some just can't be arsed to put in a shift.

The future is bright ? Regardless of anyones thoughts on HR or anyone else as a manager, they are indeed, only the manager.

How you can say the future is bright with someone like Tony Fernandes in charge ? Trigger happy, generally a bit of a clueless idiot who has saddled you to the hilt in wages and transfer expenditure ? Whats going to happen after a couple of years in the championship ?

I would say the future isnt as bright as you think.

I think you need to take a look at the blue few down the road from us and reconsider your comment,the future is bright

your lucky you have your owners money,i suppose but apart from that your in the s**t big time

twitchy has got all his excuses in already,god help you lot in the championship

Oh, f*ck off! He's meant to be this great man motivator, and he couldn't turn things around with over half the season AND a january transfer window? He's f*cking clueless.

Do tell us, how many points per game has the great Harry helped you to??

Thought you had world class players that were vastly superior to saints? Redknapp is a w*nker who has tried to weasel out of any blame as usual. He had ages to keep you up and all he did was sign massively over hyped rubbish on huge wages.

He said that it never entered his head to quit QPR :lol::lol::lol::lol:

Yeah, that would explain why Fernandez has been going out of his way to ensure Redknapp doesn't get the chance to say "the chairman doesn't want me" and backing him into a corner where he can walk out or he can try and get them back up...

"I cant believe some of the wages here, some of these lads are earning more than players at Spurs or Newcastle, big clubs, the owners have been mugged off here, its shocking". Cue Remy turning down Newcastle and Samba on mega bucks.

"Its never easy when you take over someone else's team and have not had the full season with them".

You could not make it up and you have swallowed it hook line and sinker. All is Rosie!

Must check my Facebook for the post proclaiming "things Redknapp will do", when he was appointed... I reckon I can tick them all off now. Has he fielded a team of kids in the cup to show the chairman they're not good enough ? Ah, no, they were out of the cups, that'll be in September then, just before he leaves.

Oh, f*ck off! He's meant to be this great man motivator, and he couldn't turn things around with over half the season AND a january transfer window? He's f*cking clueless.

Now I like you Clarky, but even with the 'Saints hate Redknapp' glasses on surely even you can see thats a little OTT ?

There is a spare harbourdrome stadium you could use....;)

No longer required by Pompey:p

How anyone can say "the future is bright" with QPR's squad, wage bill, egos, manager, and no academy, is beyond me. Who was the last academy product that QPR brought through? And I haven't heard much of them in the u21 and u18 leagues?

I don't believe 'Arry is "completely clueless" but I don't believe he is a half as good as he's supposedly made out to be. He had the transfer window, and 2/3 of the season to turn round a pretty decent squad, and motivate these egos and has failed miserably.

Bets on who he'll try and sign?

Who have been around a long time but will be available on a free but will demand huge wages?!

How anyone can say "the future is bright" with QPR's squad, wage bill, egos, manager, and no academy, is beyond me. Who was the last academy product that QPR brought through? And I haven't heard much of them in the u21 and u18 leagues?

I don't believe 'Arry is "completely clueless" but I don't believe he is a half as good as he's supposedly made out to be. He had the transfer window, and 2/3 of the season to turn round a pretty decent squad, and motivate these egos and has failed miserably.

Who have been around a long time but will be available on a free but will demand huge wages?!

...and whose agent is Willie Mackay - you forgot to add...

Had a pint with a mate of mine last night who is a member of remedy oak. Reckons redknapp was up there last week going on about a bet he had regarding all 4 division winners, said he was just waiting for boscombe and him and his mate would share £45,000. If true , looks like twitchy had a really bad weekend.

Think we've got a few on high wages to shift after their promotion pay rises..

LB, Hammond, Chappers Martin Fox Dickson Richardson Sharp

Proven in a Championship Promotion push.

For you 'Arry 30 million for the lot mate.

Meet you down the pier later this week nudge nudge

Hell we could throw in a couple swap deals Forecast for Cesar and Johno Quick for Remy

Had a pint with a mate of mine last night who is a member of remedy oak. Reckons redknapp was up there last week going on about a bet he had regarding all 4 division winners, said he was just waiting for boscombe and him and his mate would share £45,000. If true , looks like twitchy had a really bad weekend.

It wasn't Redknapp, there was a screenshot all over the internet of the bet last week.

Just heard 'arry on the radio claiming his current squad is "more likely to do a Wolves rather than win the championship next season".

Getting your excuses in early as possible Harry, as usual. C*nt.

Amazing really....

"It's not been a case of a lack of desire in my opinion, what we have lacked is ability," Redknapp added.

"People keep on about what a good squad. That is absolute rubbish: we are where we are because that is how good we are."

Redknapp highlighted the fact that the club's leading goalscorers - January signing Loic Remy, playmaker Adel Taarabt and Bobby Zamora - had only managed five goals each this season.

Didn't Boswinga win the Champs League last season, 'world class' Granero from Real Madrid, Samba £100k/week, Mbia highly rated as was Remy, Cesar world class keeper, Taarabt courted by plenty of clubs, Hoilett very highly rated last season.....the list goes on!

Fact is too many egos playing for a manager who isn't tactically very good.

Decent read... http://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/395798/Game-s-up-for-planks-at-QPR

Edited by Saint Garrett

Whatever he says he joined QPR when they were 4 points from safety. They are now more than 10. He spent millions on players and wages and still could not save them.

The media love him and like Pompey they just have rose coloured specs on the subject.

I had a laugh with Google earlier :

"We had a good meeting, it was nice and positive. There was no doubt that I wanted to stay at the club." Harry Redknapp, May *2005*.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/2359844/Redknapp-set-to-stay-with-Southampton.html

Harry Redknapp to stay at QPR : http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2316688/Harry-Redknapp-stay-QPR-Tony-Fernandes-lets-rip-flops.htmlHarry

Redknapp on "Staying at Spurs" : http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2102783/Harry-Redknapp-staying-Tottenham-May.html

Harry Redknapp stays at Portsmouth : http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/eng_prem/7180147.stm

Harry Redknapp to stay at Portsmouth (the first time) : http://www.breakingnews.ie/sport/soccer/redknapp-insists-crisis-meeting-went-very-well-147682.html

And then Jobs Harry Redknapp has turned down (according to him) :

England : http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/harry-redknapp-snubs-england-blames-1811699

Ukraine : http://www.dailystar.co.uk/posts/view/306249

QPR (2009) : http://qprreport.proboards.com/index.cgi?board=general&action=print&thread=7543

Newcastle : http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/2288748/Why-Harry-Redknapp-turned-down-5m-a-year.html

Al Ahli (Dubai, UAE) : http://espnfc.com/news/story/_/id/888659/tottenham's-harry-redknapp-turned-down-offer-from-al-ahli?cc=5739

Bournemouth (2012) : http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/harry-redknapp-offered-managers-job-1349541

What a bellend.

Edited by The9

Surely by now the media will realise what most football fans worked out years ago. Also surely any right minded chairman should not let him near a clubs finances. I think Levy at Spurs realised this, hence why he gave him the elbow, but Fernandes seems to be blind to it all.

Amdy Faye is available on a free isn't he, bet he signs him. This whole argument from Harry of 'QPR are just as likely to do a Wolves than go up' is bizarre, he can only be doing it to lever more money out of Fernandes. I think his media bubble burst a bit this season and I've noticed recently that he's being referred to more and more as a former Southampton manager whereas when he was at Spurs he'd managed to expunge it from his CV. I'd hate to be a QPR fan and have people like MBia playing for them and Samba picking up his enormous wages. They have to get up next season or literally bust. Can't see QPR fans being patient either if they have a slow start. Nigel will do the opposite at Reading, build a younger, more energetic side plus his regulation signing of Billy Sharp.

here we go..

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/22480105

'The manager wants a significant turnover of players in order to challenge in the Championship.'

What I take from this is Redknapp's admission that he "pussy footed" around his players. Still, thing's are going to be well different from now on. He's going to crack down on tweets. That should get them back up to the PL.

Tbh, the more you hear him speak, the more you think the FA missed a trick in not appointing him England manager. If only Hodgson would crack down on tweets....

His stock has fallen so far in 12 months.

He was favourite for the England job, now premier league jobs are coming up and he doesn't even get a mention

maybe that course case has damaged him a lot more than we thought at the time.