Victor Wanyama - Officially Signed

patred44

"I want to stress that the deal could have been done sooner, but this shows that we do business on our terms"

Was wondering Turks if you still think I was wrong to say "the agent probably backed down"? I mean after all when someone else is wrong you like to make sure they and everyone else knows they were wrong. So will you hold your hands up and say you were "probably" wrong? ;)

But anyways welcome to the club Wagamama. Sure he will do a good job for us. Kinda feel bad for Cork as looks as though he will be the one to get squeezed out. Not sure where this leaves Davis either.

To be fair to Turkish, he was technically correct: there was no 'evidence' that the agent had backed down. But that's missing the point. We never claimed there was any evidence, rather we had a hunch that was likely to be the case.

Anyway, water under the bridge...

To be fair to Turkish, he was technically correct: there was no 'evidence' that the agent had backed down. But that's missing the point. We never claimed there was any evidence, rather we had a hunch that was likely to be the case.

I didn't say that though. I said there was a history of our club holding to their guns (I mentioned the premier league agents table where we were last). So while there was no evidence to suggest his agent backed down there was a lot of evidence to suggest Cortese is one stubborn bastard who rarely backs down. Which is why I said it was more likely the agent backed down. That was the issue we were arguing.

I didn't say that though. I said there was a history of our club holding to their guns (I mentioned the premier league agents table where we were last). So while there was no evidence to suggest his agent backed down there was a lot of evidence to suggest Cortese is one stubborn bastard who rarely backs down. Which is why I said it was more likely the agent backed down. That was the issue we were arguing.

Cool. I'm with you on this one. The signs were obvious to me too :)

true, but one off doesn´t make it "normal" ;)

(had forgot about him though)

back in the days when Brits ran fast marathons as well, Smith,Smith,Jones and Spedding. Marathon running is in the mind once you have the tools to do the job. If Steve Jones was running the marathon at his best now Kenyans would be back in the pack.

"I want to stress that the deal could have been done sooner, but this shows that we do business on our terms"

Was wondering Turks if you still think I was wrong to say "the agent probably backed down"? I mean after all when someone else is wrong you like to make sure they and everyone else knows they were wrong. So will you hold your hands up and say you were "probably" wrong? ;)

But anyways welcome to the club Wagamama. Sure he will do a good job for us. Kinda feel bad for Cork as looks as though he will be the one to get squeezed out. Not sure where this leaves Davis either.

How do you know Celtic didn't pay him? Also interesting to note the fee was originally £12m, now £12.5m. I may be wrong, I may not be, but what is clear is that there was a compromise.

How do you know Celtic didn't pay him? Also interesting to note the fee was originally £12m, now £12.5m. I may be wrong, I may not be, but what is clear is that there was a compromise.

How do we know what the fees were/ are? What makes one assumption on the fees any more valid than another?

I guess Victor makes a very welcome birthday present. I will keep this in mind when he doesn't play well. Lord forbid. No more losers ...............please Senior Pochettino.:)

How many losers has Pochettino brought in so far? I've lost count...

Very impressive interview on Player very mature responses to both Saints and Celtic questions #welcomeVictor

Really? He's clearly a smart lad but I thought it was PR-approved drivel other than when he was talking about Celtic.

But then, it always is these days.

No, originally you were suggesting that NC had "won" against the agents, when there is no evidence that is the case at all. In all likelihood, bot parties negotiated and showed some flexibility to get to an agreement, I'd still expect the agent to have done alright out of this.

No, originally you were suggesting that NC had "won" against the agents, when there is no evidence that is the case at all. In all likelihood, bot parties negotiated and showed some flexibility to get to an agreement, I'd still expect the agent to have done alright out of this.

Reckon the agent stalled to try to see who else was around for the client, we put a time limit on and an agreement was made between thr clubs.

Quality quality player though

this helmet needs to stop banging on bout celtic & start kissing the collective rings of saintsweb massive. :thumbdown:

My thoughts exactly, he should be saying shizzle like "I heard tokes bathed with his in-laws and I am into that vibe so knew Saints were the club for me" etc.

Ok.

Reckon the agent stalled to try to see who else was around for the client, we put a time limit on and an agreement was made between thr clubs.

Quality quality player though

And of course Victor never wanted to play for anyone else.

@alex_crook: Well done to @kristemple and his BBC colleagues for saying next to nothing re Wanyama until deal was done. Cutting edge journalism

@jamiefisk7: @alex_crook @kristemple now now! Handbags away. Lets see who gets next signing correct. I'm going with Alex.

@kristemple: @jamiefisk7 @alex_crook many bullets make light work Jamie

@alex_crook: Well done to @kristemple and his BBC colleagues for saying next to nothing re Wanyama until deal was done. Cutting edge journalism

@jamiefisk7: @alex_crook @kristemple now now! Handbags away. Lets see who gets next signing correct. I'm going with Alex.

@alex_crook: Good day for @MYNewsAgency filed Wanyama had agreed 4 yr deal at lunchtime, 1st to get Forren confirmed and called Chaplow this am #saintsfc

The blokes an utter penis.

In fairness the BBC are doing exactly what the majority of divs on here want from Saints based reporting. Nothing is truth until the club release a lovely polished PR release.

We do our business in private, see?

In fairness the BBC are doing exactly what the majority of divs on here want from Saints based reporting. Nothing is truth until the club release a lovely polished PR release.

According to Neil Lennon yes. Or would you call him a liar?

Nah mate, that's so 2012/13 season when we had a clueless bumpkin manager who was out his depth, now we've for the new Mourinho in charge, the man to take us to the next level, we name our targets in interviews and openly discuss them. That's the new improved way we do business.