Victor Wanyama - Officially Signed

patred44

Nah mate, that's so 2012/13 season when we had a clueless bumpkin manager who was out his depth, now we've for the new Mourinho in charge, the man to take us to the next level, we name our targets in interviews and openly discuss them. That's the new improved way we do business.

Bring back the quarter to midnight announcements FFS.

In fairness the BBC are doing exactly what the majority of divs on here want from Saints based reporting. Nothing is truth until the club release a lovely polished PR release.

We do our business in private, see?

Dear God, are you ever content about anything that happens at SFC?

@alex_crook: Well done to @kristemple and his BBC colleagues for saying next to nothing re Wanyama until deal was done. Cutting edge journalism

@jamiefisk7: @alex_crook @kristemple now now! Handbags away. Lets see who gets next signing correct. I'm going with Alex.

@kristemple: @jamiefisk7 @alex_crook many bullets make light work Jamie

Havent taken to that Crook ****, comes across as a melt.

This is a fantastic signing,always been impressed when watching him.

i know it's only the Scottish league but he stood head and shoulders above the European opposition he faced also.

bloody chuffed we got him.

really surprised others besides Cardiff didnt make a move.

if he fulfills his potential with us circa £12m will prove a bargain.

Plenty of bigger teams were interested but not interested in a 12m gamble which it is as he is unproven in the top European Leagues. However his presence in the CL in various games, his stature and fitness will be vital. He is what we missed at times last season, someone to put the fear of god in people. He will be our Diame/Toure/Tiote type player. a plyer of this type we did not have, he will facilitate our more attacking players being ultra creative. He is no slouch either!

Welcome to St Marys Big Vic. I hope you settle well.

Plenty of bigger teams were interested but not interested in a 12m gamble which it is as he is unproven in the top European Leagues. However his presence in the CL in various games, his stature and fitness will be vital. He is what we missed at times last season, someone to put the fear of god in people. He will be our Diame/Toure/Tiote type player. a plyer of this type we did not have, he will facilitate our more attacking players being ultra creative. He is no slouch either!

Welcome to St Marys Big Vic. I hope you settle well.

Shed lot of money spent by the same scouts that gave us Forren. Hope he shines, he'll need to be good to dislodge Morgan and Cork.

Love the Cork & Morgan combination to death.

But in games against the likes of "smaller teams" we did not perform. IMHO his sheer physical presence will make a key difference next year, it's the games against the likes of WBA, Stoke, Sunderland where we will need this.

Our performance & position next year will be about the results in games we have to battle as opposed to those where we know we can play expansive football.

But in games against the likes of "smaller teams" we did not perform. IMHO his sheer physical presence will make a key difference next year, it's the games against the likes of WBA, Stoke, Sunderland where we will need this.

Our performance & position next year will be about the results in games we have to battle as opposed to those where we know we can play expansive football.

Couldn't agree more.

Absolutely spot on.

Agreed, and on a side note it's the one strange thing about our pre-season fixtures - very little comparable to those sorts of opposition.

This is a great signing, but something about the way it played out and his first interview makes me think he's not overly excited about being here. That may well change once he gets started, but I wouldn't be surprised if things don't end well between him and the club/fans in a year or two.

Shed lot of money spent by the same scouts that gave us Forren. Hope he shines, he'll need to be good to dislodge Morgan and Cork.

Fair point but what I have seen in YouTube clips (ok YouTube) is that he appears to be able to turn defence into attack. I think Cork and MS especially are great but neither of those have demonstrated that they could do that.

This is a great signing, but something about the way it played out and his first interview makes me think he's not overly excited about being here.

Fair comment, but I thought exactly the same when J-Rod arrived and that panned out pretty well.

As I have mentioned before, in Cork and Morgan we already have a very good central pairing so this guy will need to be very good to even get in the side. Cork didn't have a bad game and when he went off injured in the WBA game we capitulated. Great to have strength in depth of course.

Good read - cheers. I particularly liked this bit...

"The most striking statistic of Pochettino's spell in charge relates to possession - or rather the restriction of it. In all 16 games that Pochettino has presided over at Southampton, his team has ensured that their opponents enjoyed a below-average level of possession in the contest. While Chelsea and Tottenham did manage to achieve this for 10-game sequences, no team in the Premier League could come close to such a remarkable run. Indeed, in the top-five European leagues, only three sides managed to better it"

Edited by trousers

Who has the best CM options in the Premier league do we reckon?

Even MU fans are often moaning about their options, they've targeted many, Scholes retired, others have been hit and miss. MC often rely on Barry, who I'm not a huge fan of. Saints have to be amongst the best now don't they?

At full strength I think Arsenal have got to have the best, followed by City and Chelsea. West Brom are the only team outside the top 7 that can rival ours I reckon. I expect Michael Laudrup's trying to build a solid nucleus for Swansea this season as well, so I'd keep an eye on them.

Indeed... Loved this bit!! WOW. High praise indeed from the mightly Pirlo...

Discussing potential match-winners ahead of the tie, Pirlo said: "I look at Celtic and the player you think could do that for them is Victor Wanyama. He is so young, but already he has proved himself to be a big-game player. His performance in the win over Barcelona was exceptional. He is big and can be a presence in the middle with his tackling. But there is also a calmness about Wanyama where he plays the right pass and does the simple things well under pressure. He has the attributes of a young Patrick Vieira. You can see why big European clubs have shown an interest in him."