Leandro Damiao!

Lambert7

numbers obviously aren't in sterling anyway. We've probably got someone else lined up and haze fobbed them a hard up sob story. Trouble with these stories is that they tend to get all forms of finance mixed up, add the cost of the contract to the cost of the transfer and come up with a cricket score in Cruzeiros or whatever it is. They then convert that into US dollars or Nigerian Nagwes or whatever. 172 million Cruzeiros is about 20K£

Edited by Window Cleaner

numbers obviously aren't in sterling anyway. We've probably got someone else lined up and haze fobbed them a hard up sob story. Trouble with these stories is that they tend to get all forms of finance mixed up, add the cost of the contract to the cost of the transfer and come up with a cricket score in Cruzeiros or whatever it is. They then convert that into US dollars or Nigerian Nagwes or whatever. 172 million Cruzeiros is about 20K£
54 million Brazilian Real is about £16m, so that could be right.

Ok, so if we offered Internacional 16m, have bid 12m for Wanyama and Banega is reportedly going to cost about 7.5m, it would appear our remaining transfer budget (excluding wages, bonuses etc) is around 35m. Should be able to get 3 quality players with that much even if all three current targets fall through.

Which report is that from?

2nd link posted above

Southampton coach, Mauricio Pochettino, who was the most enthusiastic about the business is already formed. Not enough money in cash to bring the striker to the Premier League. Prates and Damian met the new club project, liked it too and thanked interest.

Prates believes that the British did not know the real numbers involving business with Damian, especially the player's wage demands. The Napoli know.

2nd link posted above

Southampton coach, Mauricio Pochettino, who was the most enthusiastic about the business is already formed. Not enough money in cash to bring the striker to the Premier League. Prates and Damian met the new club project, liked it too and thanked interest.

Prates believes that the British did not know the real numbers involving business with Damian, especially the player's wage demands. The Napoli know.

Interesting, thanks. 20m players want the associated wages I guess.

Interesting, thanks. 20m players want the associated wages I guess.

Always thought it went hand in hand myself, think its probably lost in translation a little.

Id imagine to buy into our project he wants more of a down payment, elsewise he will choose a bigger club

Ok, so if we offered Internacional 16m, have bid 12m for Wanyama and Banega is reportedly going to cost about 7.5m, it would appear our remaining transfer budget (excluding wages, bonuses etc) is around 35m. Should be able to get 3 quality players with that much even if all three current targets fall through.

Or Andy Carroll ;)

Reliable Italian reports saying napoli 18m euro bid rejected and what is more the internacional president says they not need to sell Damiao and they won't put a price on him either. Says he will be playing WC in 2014 for sure. From an interview from something called lancenet on microphone....Either playing extreme hardball or.....we can all just more on.....

Calciomercato Italy now suggest that Napoli are close, again, to replacing Cavani with Damiao. Suggests its a done deal if Napoli pay 25m euros and give player 2.5m euros pa. They previously offered 20m and 2m wages. Inference being this is the finessing of the deal...interesting we are in the bidding for the next Cavani isn't it in their eyes at least....

Mina Rzouki ‏@Minarzouki 26m

Napoli willing to go up to €22m to close the deal for Leandro Damiao. The player is pushing to move there.

She knows her stuff, rarely posts transfer goss and the best on the world football phone in alone with the legendino. Anyone else listen to the show?

Tancredi Palmeri ‏@tancredipalmeri 7m

Napoli will raise their bid for Leandro Damiao

Why are they raising it ?? I thought it was a "done deal"

I take it back, read the post above, cheap skate italians.

Isn't that an insult too far ?

Napoli signed a forward yesterday. Wonder if that's them done or if they will still go for damiao?

I think Callejon is more of a winger and a 'play off the striker' kind of player, so I reckon they'll still be in the market for a big out and out striker still to replace Cavani.

Napoli signed a forward yesterday. Wonder if that's them done or if they will still go for damiao?

He's a wide striker, not the " bomber" they need to replace Cavani. I think it's astonishing we are even remotely in the market for the next " Cavani". This is world class stuff. Two years ago we were playing League 1. Now we are looking at guys who are top top strikers. The current young Brazilian international number 9 , a current Italian international young number 9, these are not rubbish players from rubbish international teams.... It would not surprise me to see a young Spanish international number 9 in the next round of possibles, or German, or Dutch.....

My understanding is that there are two problems at present : 1. That Internacional only own 70% of Damiao, and 2. there was an issue with his image rights. The solution being suggested is to up his basic salary and for Napoli to pay more for the signature so that Inter could satisfy the 30% element themselves.

I think he will end up at Napoli myself. They can't sell Cavani and replace him with a nobody or a medium level forward- the Neapolitan fans will go mad, it needs to be a top notch International number 9 replacement not a wannabee - and Damiao is perfect for that plus they looking at cesar in goal as well plus they got another brazilian so it all fits.... The only way we get this guy is if we overpay and Napoli pull out, cant see either happening.

Latest update from brazil...the inter president (guy called Giovanni Luigi) seems quite the big mouth...now slagging off the napoli bid with an interview on Radio Crc saying nobody has contacted him from Napoli officially and as far as hes concerned Damiao will probably stay another year...its laughable posturing/negotiating...the guys a buffoon...i can see why spurs dropped out...from calciomercatoweb...

Reading between the lines he says - I need belly tickled first before you can get Damiao but trying to keep face with his own supporters..

Not sure how many on here read other fans forums. Its quite interesting and a fair few comments about Wanyama, but how about this one on the Man City Damiao thread........

GazM wrote:

The Fat el Hombre wrote:

Very exciting time for southampton, good luck to them. Good to see them bringing some quality overseas players to the prem

Yeah. Great. What about some home-grown talent ?

You definitely cant accuse Southampton of not producing home grown talent!

Back on...?

Napoli is on Leandro Damiao, the agreement with the entourage is reached. Still missing the one with the Internacional de Porto Alegre, who meanwhile has initiated contacts with the new president of the Southampton Nicola Cortese.

Cortese has shelved the idea Osvaldo after the hesitation of the player, Damiao is a concrete idea and there could be a major offensive in the coming days. Brazilian sull'attaccante there is also the Wolfsburg.