Daniel Osvaldo - Signs 4 Year Deal

SO16_Saint

Congratulations to the circular argument squad. Awoke to an extra two pages on the thread and felt sure something must have happened overnight.

Sems not.

I don't know what you're whining about, nothing has changed in 33 pages so not sure why you think it would in 2.

I don't get this train of thought that if a player comes here for money they are not going to try etc If a player comes here for £60k he's probably going to play out of his skin to try and get a move to a big 4 or top European club who will pay him £100k a week.

It's no different than a sales person leaving a £20k a year job to go to £25k a year job he's not going to stop selling just because he went there for the extra money, we are just talking bigger numbers

Who has that train of thought?

The Roma (V. META) - Filed the nth insults that they sent across the Assumption, also set aside the boos at the Olimpico on Wednesday, Daniel Osvaldo is ready to put on the shirt of Rome in a friendly yet this afternoon in Terni. And after the Dolomites, Thessaloniki and Washington, also on Liberati aleggerà always the same question: this will be the last game of the number nine in red and yellow? Not necessarily, but the attacker around the circle is closing and its future looks really close to the definition: on the trail seem to have been three clubs, two in England (Southampton and Tottenham) and one in Spain (Atletico Madrid ), offer more substantial and inviting econonomicamente (something as a salary of £ 50k per week) has made ​​the company's chairman Nicola Cortese, but last year he struggled to save themselves in the Premier and it is a little destrinazione welcome to Osvaldo.

The coach Pochettino, who knows Daniel for having coached at the time of Espanyol, in these days is storming of phone calls his former player to convince him to join the Saints, he has so far taken time waiting for the most prestigious. It would certainly Tottenham Villas Boas, who prepares the shots waiting to get hold of the fortune that will cash by selling Gareth Bale to Real Madrid and Sabatini spoke with a couple of days ago, during the blitz of London ds close of August. Even the Spurs would be interested in Osvaldo and ready to put on the plate twenty million: the rod can only play into the hands of Rome, in whose intentions would ensure the sale of the striker before August 21 (the day of the official presentation of all 'Olimpico), but that does not mean that it is willing to sell it off. At White Hart Lane, however, the main object of desire is called Erik Lamela.

As they write in England, the Spurs would have ready a big offer from 40 million at the Rome from 4 to more than a four-season for the player. Yielding Lamela not part of the plans Sabatini (who considers him a bit 'his protégé since he was the one to take him to Italy), but as has often been explained by the president Pallotta, the politics in Trigoria expected to listen to offers. Between listening and consent but there is a distance that only an indecent proposal could fill, especially since losing Lamela Roma would find itself with a role in the attack discovered. Sabatini for now does not give up and know that it will soon have to deal with the negotiations for the renewal of the contract by Argentina, whose brother and attorney in town these days. Speech in some ways similar to Miralem Pjanic, in the sense that Baldini would love to take him to Tottenham and the money would not be a problem, it was not about him there's veto Rudi Garcia who consider it a staple of his midfield.

http://www.romagiallorossa.it/featured/osvaldo-il-cerchio-si-stringe/

Who has that train of thought?

Its the impression I have got from reading various posts and conversations i have had regarding Osvaldo. I would prefer not to start naming people as this will just start another argumentative thread. My post was just my opinion on 'he's only coming here for money' it wasn't aimed at any particular poster

If Osvaldo signs........Rickie on the bench at his age? We will have a serious issue to deal with as Rickie will want to leave. With Cork and Rickie out of the team you have then lost two of our leaders on the pitch and swapped them for a couple of untrieds who , let's face it, would rather be elsewhere in the first place judging by the delay in each transfer. A team of well paid reluctant mercenaries..........is that we want to see? It might work on football manager but the likes of QPR is a more graphic representation of the likely reality. Personally I would like to see players playing for us who actually cared about the club and will not be sulking or agitating for a move after half a season. I am surprised few posters think the same way.

I'm not

http://www.simplypsychology.org/maslow.html

"Every person is capable and has the desire to move up the hierarchy toward a level of self-actualization."

Anyone know Pablo Osvaldo well enough to know where he stands on the Maslow hierachy? If not I suggest we stop trying to guess and wait to see what he decides ... this argument has become very tedious!

Its not an arguements just about Osvaldo though is it, its what would entice a player to us when we can't offer them European football or challenging for trophies. We are trying to compete with clubs that can offer this.

This whole saga is just very annoying. No one knows what's going on. He's coming then he's going to spurs, then coming then going to spurs.

Its not a huge leap to say that we've clearly made him a very attractive offer but his preference is a move to Inter or Spurs. inter isn't going to happen and its not really clear if Spurs are interested or not iit would appear that the Roma directors want him off the books. You wouldn't blame a foreign player for choosing Spurs over us would you, if they want him or not is another matter.

I don't know what you're whining about, nothing has changed in 33 pages so not sure why you think it would in 2.

Maybe it's having to wade through all of your wisdom? FWIW I believe very few players move purely for the money. Maybe if two similarly matched clubs approach a player, that player will choose the one that'll pay them more. Sure, we may have to offer more in wages than a club like Spurs to turn top players heads as we don't have the history of success, recent or otherwise.

But Turks, I think you must have your head in the sand if you think the chance of regular first team football, in the most popular and lucrative league in the world, isn't a possible draw in a World Cup year then you haven't got your head on straight. If Osvaldo does come here on this basis I couldn't give a flying feck. If players want to use us as a stepping stone then so be it, as long as they give their all while they're here. There will always be those like Lallana and Lambert who love the club to balance things out, and it'll only be by attracting these players that we'll move up the division. If we move up, some may stay and others will come. I know we're not as big a club as Man City but this is how they did it. Sure there may be failures like Robinho along the way but nothing is certain in football.

Edited by mulletsaint

Maybe it's having to wade through all of your wisdom? FWIW I believe very few players move purely for the money. Maybe if two similarly matched clubs approach a player, that player will choose the one that'll pay them more. Sure, we may have to offer more in wages than a club like Spurs to turn top players heads as we don't have the history of success, recent or otherwise.

But Turks, I think you must have your head in the sand if you think the chance of regular first team football, in the most popular and lucrative league in the world, isn't a possible draw in a World Cup year then you haven't got your head on straight. If Osvaldo does come here on this basis I couldn't give a flying feck. If players want to use us as a stepping stone then so be it, as long as they give their all while they're here. There will always be those like Lallana and Lambert who love the club to balance things out, and it'll only be by attracting these players that we'll move up the division. If we move up, some may stay and others will come. I know we're not as big a club as Man City but this is how they did it. Sure there may be failures like Robinho but nothing is certain in football.

Would it be better for an Italian international to play for a top club in Italy during World Cup year, a top 5 club in England playing European football and likely challenging for the champions league or a midtable club in England?

Its not a huge leap to say that we've clearly made him a very attractive offer but his preference is a move to Inter or Spurs. inter isn't going to happen and its not really clear if Spurs are interested or not iit would appear that the Roma directors want him off the books. You wouldn't blame a foreign player for choosing Spurs over us would you, if they want him or not is another matter.

This would seem to be where things are at.

Would it be better for an Italian international to play for a top club in Italy during World Cup year, a top 5 club in England playing European football and likely challenging for the champions league or a midtable club in England?

Depends at which one he'd be playing every week. Don't know who he'd be competing with at Inter but given who Spurs have already purchased and who they're allegedly in for I'd imagine he wouldn't be guaranteed that there. However, obviously if he was guaranteed to start every week for each team we'd be bottom of that list.

Its not an arguements just about Osvaldo though is it, its what would entice a player to us when we can't offer them European football or challenging for trophies. We are trying to compete with clubs that can offer this.

This thread is about Pablo Osvaldo!

In a wider context, if Maslow is right, then we will only attract players where it means they will be stepping up the hierachy (eg Wanyama). Given Osvaldo's probable current standing I suspect a move to Southampton from Roma looks to him more like a step down than a step up but everyone is different and will see things differently so it is not so black and white! Osvaldo will make up his own mind so why do we spend pages trying to assess his motivation? We can't so lets stop the bickering and wait and see. No further comment from me or I will be guilty of prolonging the debate I suggest should now stop!

Depends at which one he'd be playing every week. Don't know who he'd be competing with at Inter but given who Spurs have already purchased and who they're allegedly in for I'd imagine he wouldn't be guaranteed that there. However, obviously if he was guaranteed to start every week for each team we'd be bottom of that list.

Is any player at a big club guaranteed to start every week? Surely the whole point of having a good squad strong enough to play 38 league games and attempt to challenge for 3 cups you'd be looking at playing nearly 60 odd games, as well as internationals. I'd be concearned if I was joining a club and they were expecting me to play in every single game. At the big clubs they have good players in every position and more than one of them.

This thread is about Pablo Osvaldo!

In a wider context, if Maslow is right, then we will only attract players where it means they will be stepping up the hierachy (eg Wanyama). Given Osvaldo's probable current standing I suspect a move to Southampton from Roma looks to him more like a step down than a step up but everyone is different and will see things differently so it is not so black and white! Osvaldo will make up his own mind so why do we spend pages trying to assess his motivation? We can't so lets stop the bickering and wait and see. No further comment from me or I will be guilty of prolonging the debate I suggest should now stop!

But like all conversations it has developed into a wider issue about what we can offer top foreign players,

If this was just about Osvaldo and news, then the thread would about 20 posts long.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQe2deOKeu4t87ytvNUkgHr32zlAPnkGFmWzKRjCbeyeeEZ08rjYQ

Time to lock this boring repetition until he signs for us, someone else or the window closes.

True.

But it IS bloody funny reading so many people's persistent Opinion that they are correct and know everything about Nothing.

10 times a page as often as not.

Is any player at a big club guaranteed to start every week? Surely the whole point of having a good squad strong enough to play 38 league games and attempt to challenge for 3 cups you'd be looking at playing nearly 60 odd games, as well as internationals. I'd be concearned if I was joining a club and they were expecting me to play in every single game. At the big clubs they have good players in every position and more than one of them.

But for players it´s also about being picked in the big games. That´s why Rooney is so upset because he got benched against Real Madrid....

I wonder what McMenemy offered Keegan all those years ago... Obviously his money back for the light bulb but what else??? The project was alive and well back then I would argue. Kids and some senior pros coming to the end of their careers.

IMO I don't think that transfer will ever be topped at SFC.

I'm now indifferent to this guy signing. Really wanted it to happen, will be chuffed if it does, but not overly bothered if he doesn't sign. Only want players who want to be here.

Agree with you on both points.

KK, for that reason alone he merits his place on our 'wall of fame' at the top of this page !

Osvaldo, IF he signs then you wonder if his heart is really in it, and the effect in the dressing room.

I'm well aware of that, it's a squad game, but as you well know there are almost always first choice players and squad players. Anyway, I have two days left of my holiday so I'll leave the debate/arguments to the rest of you.

Rocket Science. It ain't.

aap3 have just offered you the job as VP of Sales. The Company has a sound Product that is in demand and solid financial backing to expand and grow.

The salary package is almost double what you were on before. You have the chance to live anywhere you like from South West London through to Sandbanks and only have to spend 3 or 4 hours a day in the office. The job allows you to cover the whole of the UK and includes Private Jets to get to away meetings.

You then hear that Microsoft have a potential vacancy in a division that does the same as aap3. You know that they used to be a really major force but it was a long time ago. Now they just pick up occassional moments. The salary is the same, you can extent your living location out into the Essex Countryside. The difference is that you will get to fly to meetings in Europe, many in countries that you have never heard of.

aap3 are pushing you but you know you could regret it IF you did not at least wait to hear what Microsoft actually had to offer.

Your wife in the meantime is telling you that SHE wants you to wait until Apple come calling and make you VP of World Wide Sales with lots of summer trips to SE Asia so she can holiday in exotic locations.

Osvaldo is doing NOTHING that any one of us would not do. Buy time.

ANY of the new jobs would be better than the one you have now where all your work mates stab you in the back and your customers are so annoyed with the Performance of your company that you spend most of your days answering Complaints.

He'll jump when he knows what all the options are.

ANYONE who doesn't weigh up all options would be stupid and I don't think this club signs Stupid Players any more

The debate in it's wider context is a very important one. Cortese is too impatient and may well destroy what he was building.

Unbelievable! We need to progress, that means bringing in better players. We cannot sit still. If he signs why would Rickie be on the bench? They would surely look to utilise both. We need a bigger squad not only to improve but to create competition for places. Players will be rotated if we have quality in the squad, to adapt to the opposition, changing tactics etc. adding another quality striker can only help the team.

I guess the point is whether he'd be averaging, say, 5 minutes a week at Spurs as opposed to 60 minutes a week at Saints. If those were the numbers he was looking at, I'd say his World Cup chances would be better if he came to Saints.

Problem is, of course, you can't know these things in advance (well, unless we offer him a contract similar to Guly's - with a clause guaranteeing him certain rights to play :-) )

Rocket Science. It ain't.

aap3 have just offered you the job as VP of Sales. The Company has a sound Product that is in demand and solid financial backing to expand and grow.

The salary package is almost double what you were on before. You have the chance to live anywhere you like from South West London through to Sandbanks and only have to spend 3 or 4 hours a day in the office. The job allows you to cover the whole of the UK and includes Private Jets to get to away meetings.

You then hear that Microsoft have a potential vacancy in a division that does the same as aap3. You know that they used to be a really major force but it was a long time ago. Now they just pick up occassional moments. The salary is the same, you can extent your living location out into the Essex Countryside. The difference is that you will get to fly to meetings in Europe, many in countries that you have never heard of.

aap3 are pushing you but you know you could regret it IF you did not at least wait to hear what Microsoft actually had to offer.

Your wife in the meantime is telling you that SHE wants you to wait until Apple come calling and make you VP of World Wide Sales with lots of summer trips to SE Asia so she can holiday in exotic locations.

Osvaldo is doing NOTHING that any one of us would not do. Buy time.

ANY of the new jobs would be better than the one you have now where all your work mates stab you in the back and your customers are so annoyed with the Performance of your company that you spend most of your days answering Complaints.

He'll jump when he knows what all the options are.

ANYONE who doesn't weigh up all options would be stupid and I don't think this club signs Stupid Players any more

And that is why you procure Tiger's ho's DP, good job.

http://www.simplypsychology.org/maslow.html

"Every person is capable and has the desire to move up the hierarchy toward a level of self-actualization."

Anyone know Pablo Osvaldo well enough to know where he stands on the Maslow hierachy? If not I suggest we stop trying to guess and wait to see what he decides ... this argument has become very tedious!

Yep, self actualisation...

DP, exactly the same situation I've just had. 3 offers, and trying to delay to see if a larger company (Microsoft actually) had a genuine interest. Would have been happy with any of the offers, but wanted to know the score before making the decision. Have just accepted a new company, who have grown rapidly since being founded in 2011. Wanted to see how that rollercoaster plays out; sounded like a fun ride.

Anyone who thinks Osvaldo doesn't want to be here doesn't understand the way job offers work. The employee wants to know their full options before making a decision.

Can we all just agree with Turkish?

Would make this forum a lot easier to catch up on ;)

Who knows the impact the numerous variables have on a players choice.

Never seen him play buy noticed his form started under MP. How do you think he would change our play?

Another twist???

While Tottenham and Southampton battle for Pablo Daniel Osvaldo, the Roma striker could join Atletico Madrid in exchange for Adrian Lopez.

It’s widely reported Roma have accepted an offer worth €18m from both Spurs and the Saints, but he has taken time to make his decision.

Among the reasons for the delay is that the Italy international is unconvinced by a move to the Premier League.

He would prefer a return to La Liga, where he already shone on loan at Espanyol, and is therefore intrigued by the latest proposal on the table.

Spanish media are suggesting that Osvaldo could join Atletico Madrid in exchange for Adrian Lopez.

The 25-year-old Spain international is a forward who tends to start from the right wing, so would be an alternative to transfer target Nani of Manchester United.

He is valued at around €10m, so Roma would get Adrian plus cash in this deal.

Another twist???

While Tottenham and Southampton battle for Pablo Daniel Osvaldo, the Roma striker could join Atletico Madrid in exchange for Adrian Lopez.

It’s widely reported Roma have accepted an offer worth €18m from both Spurs and the Saints, but he has taken time to make his decision.

Among the reasons for the delay is that the Italy international is unconvinced by a move to the Premier League.

He would prefer a return to La Liga, where he already shone on loan at Espanyol, and is therefore intrigued by the latest proposal on the table.

Spanish media are suggesting that Osvaldo could join Atletico Madrid in exchange for Adrian Lopez.

The 25-year-old Spain international is a forward who tends to start from the right wing, so would be an alternative to transfer target Nani of Manchester United.

He is valued at around €10m, so Roma would get Adrian plus cash in this deal.

DP, exactly the same situation I've just had. 3 offers, and trying to delay to see if a larger company (Microsoft actually) had a genuine interest. Would have been happy with any of the offers, but wanted to know the score before making the decision. Have just accepted a new company, who have grown rapidly since being founded in 2011. Wanted to see how that rollercoaster plays out; sounded like a fun ride.

Anyone who thinks Osvaldo doesn't want to be here doesn't understand the way job offers work. The employee wants to know their full options before making a decision.

Not necessarily - sometimes the employee realises the longer he leaves things, the harder is to get to grips with the new work environment. Timing the move right which sometimes means making a decision early is often the most important consideration. I know I'd rather start a new job when the office is relatively quiet than during peak season when the s**t is hitting the fan.

Unless the football analogy isnt clear, it's a new season and Osvaldo will be playing catch-up whichever club he joins. Would be interesting to know how well footballers fare at new clubs when they move at the very end of the transfer window.

Another twist???

"He would prefer a return to La Liga, where he already shone on loan at Espanyol, and is therefore intrigued by the latest proposal on the table".

Going somewhere with which you're familiar and excelled - all about the money isn't it :mcinnes:

Unless the football analogy isnt clear, it's a new season and Osvaldo will be playing catch-up whichever club he joins. Would be interesting to know how well footballers fare at new clubs when they move at the very end of the transfer window.

About the same as anyone else, I think. For every Saha there's a Berbatov, every Sinclair there's a Suarez.

Can we all just agree with Turkish?

Would make this forum a lot easier to catch up on ;)

Who knows the impact the numerous variables have on a players choice.

Never seen him play buy noticed his form started under MP. How do you think he would change our play?

That's the whole point of a forum Nicky son.

I know some of you don't like discussion and just want back slapping and worshipping everyone at the club and on here but unfortunately for some of you that ain't how it is.

That's the whole point of a forum Nicky son.

I know some of you don't like discussion and just want back slapping and worshipping everyone at the club and on here but unfortunately for some of you that ain't how it is.

I'm not biting to this dullness. Excuse me though while I yawn.

"He would prefer a return to La Liga, where he already shone on loan at Espanyol, and is therefore intrigued by the latest proposal on the table".

Going somewhere with which you're familiar and excelled - all about the money isn't it :mcinnes:

Don't suppose he'll be living on a paupers wage in Spain either.

So if he choses us why would it be?

I guess the point is whether he'd be averaging, say, 5 minutes a week at Spurs as opposed to 60 minutes a week at Saints. If those were the numbers he was looking at, I'd say his World Cup chances would be better if he came to Saints.

Problem is, of course, you can't know these things in advance (well, unless we offer him a contract similar to Guly's - with a clause guaranteeing him certain rights to play :-) )

Surely it's down to him to make himself undroppable then? You need options up front and squad if 20 or so decent players. Look at all the top clubs, they all have 3-4 or four decent options up front.

Edited by Turkish