Daniel Osvaldo - Signs 4 Year Deal

SO16_Saint

Osvaldo farther and farther from the capital. His absence in Terni is a clear signal that it is working for its[/color]disposal that seems straight. The Argentine striker seems to have opened at Southampton.

Interesting that they now refer to him as the 'Argentine' striker.

Has anyone seen Osvaldo's career stats? Fantastic goal scoring record, yet he only averages 23 games a season. The most he's ever played was 33 games, in 2005, his first year as a professional footballer.

He has been sent of nine times in the last six years, also punched lamela in the face because he did not receive the ball from him in a match

He has been sent of nine times in the last six years, also punched lamela in the face because he did not receive the ball from him in a match

The two players had a tiff after the game and Lamela lobbed a bottle at him which he then punched him.

You make is sound like he didnt get a pass from him and lumped him on the pitch.

On the ball.....

Alex Goring Crook ‏@alex_crook 50s

Looking likely Osvaldo will become #saintsfc player next week. With Lovren and Wanyama that's three excellent additions

Just read that off here i expect.

Oh sorry so he did punch his team mate or not? The guy does sound a bit nuts that's all I am trying to say

From Football Italia

"It is believed that Osvaldo was initially irritated in the dressing room after the match by Lamela ignoring his complaints about not passing to him and snapped, “I’m older than you and this is not River, answer as I speak.”

The former River Plate youngster Lamela reportedly then responded, “Shut your mouth, you’re not Maradona.”

At this point it is alleged that Osvaldo went for Lamela and gave him a slap - not a punch as has been originally suggested - before the pair pushed each other a few times prior to teammates intervening."

As I challenged Simon Peach to do, go and find reports of him causing problems at Espanyol under MP, or at Fiorentina or Bologna before that. I've tried, with no success. I support Roma, he's a great player and I'm convinced he'll be fine here under MP. The living atmosphere here in the Southampton area, compared to that of Rome, is well, incomparable.

Really hope we pull It off. Could have stuff like this to enjoy...

Probably worth shipping Mayuka out on loan when Pabz arrives as he's not going to get much game time. Would rather see Seager used as fourth choice striker. Kid has talent.

I give it 5 games before a 'Pablo watch' or 'is osvaldo worth the money' thread

He may have been quality in Spain and Italy but how will he do on a wet Tuesday night at Stoke?

Can't believe people questioning his ability. My Mrs is Italian and we watch Italy as much as (if not more than) England. Osvaldo is a class above any striking option we have, consistently in the Italy squad ahead of some great players and a great goal scoring record for a good side in a very tough league.

Can't believe people questioning his ability. My Mrs is Italian and we watch Italy as much as (if not more than) England. Osvaldo is a class above any striking option we have, consistently in the Italy squad ahead of some great players and a great goal scoring record for a good side in a very tough league.

Do you reaklly watch alot of Italian football? Is it ok to add you to the list of Italy scouts?

Italy = Wrensup, The9 + you?

http://www.saintsweb.co.uk/showthread.php?45967-SWF-Worldwide-Football#.UhBq9cu9KK0

Angola = Philippinesaint

Argentina = syd_barrett_saint

Australia = skintsaint

Brazil = Glasgow_saint, The9

Denmark = Dig Dig

France = Turkish

Germany = The9, 100% saint

Greece = Turkish

Holland = amsterdam, Saint Martini

Iceland = Dig Dig

Ireland = Downthe36

Italy = Wrensup, The9

Japan = Glasgow_saint & Tokyo Saint, Brisolsaint

New Zealand = NZ Saint

Niue = Wrensup

Norway = Datsaint

Peruvian = holepuncture

Poland = Dig Dig

South Africa = dan abnormal, Convict Colony

Scottish = Glasgow_saint, Turkish, 100% saint, Bristolsaint

Spain = 100% saint

Sweden = david in sweden, Saint Martini

Thailand = The9, Right Sider

Turkey = Turkish

UAE = holepunture

Ukraine = saint charlie

USA = The9, socal saint

Do you reaklly watch alot of Italian football? Is it ok to add you to the list of Italy scouts?

Italy = Wrensup, The9 + you?

http://www.saintsweb.co.uk/showthread.php?45967-SWF-Worldwide-Football#.UhBq9cu9KK0

Angola = Philippinesaint

Argentina = syd_barrett_saint

Australia = skintsaint

Brazil = Glasgow_saint, The9

Denmark = Dig Dig

France = Turkish

Germany = The9, 100% saint

Greece = Turkish

Holland = amsterdam, Saint Martini

Iceland = Dig Dig

Ireland = Downthe36

Italy = Wrensup, The9

Japan = Glasgow_saint & Tokyo Saint, Brisolsaint

New Zealand = NZ Saint

Niue = Wrensup

Norway = Datsaint

Peruvian = holepuncture

Poland = Dig Dig

South Africa = dan abnormal, Convict Colony

Scottish = Glasgow_saint, Turkish, 100% saint, Bristolsaint

Spain = 100% saint

Sweden = david in sweden, Saint Martini

Thailand = The9, Right Sider

Turkey = Turkish

UAE = holepunture

Ukraine = saint charlie

USA = The9, socal saint

You may add me to the Italy list if you like ;) Have Sky Italia at home, watch every Roma game plus at least 2 other Serie A games per weekend. I can speak a bit of the language too. Absolutely love Italy tbh, quite obsessed with the country, have been for ages!

No bonus. €3m in wages per annum, €18m + performance related bonuses to Roma. I'm sure there'll be some sort of signing on few for him though, and we've probably had to make that pretty hefty too.

Wages seem to have gone up, that may be the reason we are inching towards a deal. Will be on the same sort of cash as Gaston