Daniel Osvaldo - Signs 4 Year Deal

SO16_Saint

Osvaldo will be taking a pay cut of nearly €1m a year to join Saints. Was set to earn €3.97m gross this season with Roma. http://www.asroma.it/pdf/corporate/operazioni_di_mercato/2011-08-25_acquisizione_a_titolo_definitivo_dei_diritti_alle_prestazioni_sportive_del_calciatore_pablo_daniel_osvaldo.pdf (btw when Roma announce the transfer, it will be on a PDF document like this one)

And now we're buying first choice players from Roma, who are also current internationals.

But what makes it even more special, is that the core of the side who beat Plymouth are still here and performing well. What a great story.

+1. That really is incredible when you look back.

Osvaldo will be taking a pay cut of nearly €1m a year to join Saints. Was set to earn €3.97m gross this season with Roma. http://www.asroma.it/pdf/corporate/operazioni_di_mercato/2011-08-25_acquisizione_a_titolo_definitivo_dei_diritti_alle_prestazioni_sportive_del_calciatore_pablo_daniel_osvaldo.pdf (btw when Roma announce the transfer, it will be on a PDF document like this one)

Posted something similar to this earlier on, but think he could earn up to €5.5m with performance-related bonuses. €3 million as base salary, with the rest performance-based.

its crazy

just a few months over 2 years ago. we beat plymouth to secure promotion to the championship

And just over three years ago we lost 1-0 at home to Plymouth in a game Lambert looked overweight and out of condition.

4 years ago to nearly this day we were taking Neil Trotman on loan (20 August 2009)

I thought he did a reasonable enough job for us.

Trotman was playing for Plymouth in L2 yesterday at Cheltenham.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/23577787

Small world !

I thought he did a reasonable enough job for us.

Liptak, Gasmi and Ryan Smith the year before. They were properly gash.

Definitely - Trotman did a job. Guess its the amount of progress we've made under the new regime. On the pitch, the plan couldn't have been executed any better.

Remember his goal in rainy Southend.

We've come a bloody long way in such a short amount of time.

That's right - he took half the keeper with him ;) Was a great Friday night out.

Incredible we were still battling to catch second from bottom at that point.

Page 46.

Oh we'll know if he's signing pretty soon, he'll appear at that hotel down in the Forest, Limewood or whatever and a taxi driver will have met a private Jet at Beastleigh or will be collecting him from T5 or whatever

But then he has to go to the Uni to have his Medical so it will still be a while before we get an OS announcement

I've been away all weekend out of mobile reception. Checked Twitter once back in range and it now feels perhaps more likely than not? Is that the general consensus? Anyone want to stick their necks out and say "I think he will sign"?

I've been away all weekend out of mobile reception. Checked Twitter once back in range and it now feels perhaps more likely than not? Is that the general consensus? Anyone want to stick their necks out and say "I think he will sign"?

From what I've been reading it looks like he's coming. Touch wood

I'll go for page 97 for Osvaldo signing, 16 smashed computer screens, 7 SWFers' spouses with black eyes, and 2 slit wrists.

I hope this transfer goes through, as his stats are great, video footage is amazing, he's an Italian national teamer and we all love a big money signing, but I also harbour an element of dread about this signing. Watching Delgado fail all those years ago was bad because £3.25 million was big money to us then. Now we're talking £18 million+. That's a lot of money to ride on one transfer. Perhaps just nerves as we've never spent sums of money like this...

Just posted post Spurs game

http://hereisthecity.com/2013/08/18/manager-phonecall-reportedly-helps-southampton-beat-tottenham-to/

Manager phonecall reportedly helps Southampton beat Tottenham to £17.5m striker

striker

y Mathew Nash

@hitcmathewnash

posted: 40 minutes ago

inShare

email

Pochettino

Pablo Daniel Osvaldo is widely reported to be joining Southampton from AS Roma in the Italian press.

This afternoon Tottenham Hotspur ran out 1-0 victors against Crystal Palace, with the goal coming from Roberto Soldado.

Now it was not exactly a vintage performance, because, in a large part, because of the performance of the newly promoted team.

In fact, were it not for an unfortunate handball from Dean Moxey, the likelihood is that Palace would have held out for a 0-0 draw.

Spurs need more strength in the attacking third, and this morning reports continued that they were in talks with AS Roma, about bringing in the Giallorossi’s top goal-scorer from last season - Pablo Daniel Osvaldo.

The controversial Italian international was signed by new Spurs sporting director Franco Baldini, for Roma, in 2011. Despite that the pair did have their moments whilst working together in the Italian capital - which is why some possibly considered it an odd move from Spurs.

He is certainly a divisive figure. Recently he has been the subject of a torrent of abuse from Roma Ultras. This came over comments made after the Coppa Italia Final defeat to bitter rivals Lazio at the end of last season - and he has since been hoping for a move away from Serie A.

But don’t worry Spurs fans, you won’t have to worry about how Osvaldo might affect the club, as he looks set to become Southampton’s problem.

According to reports in Italy, plenty of them as well in leading publications, The Saints have convinced Osvaldo to come ply his trade on the South Coast.

The forward previously played under Saints manager Mauricio Pochettino at Espanyol - in what was a very successful spell for both parties. And according to the reports from the boot peninsula, a series of phonecalls, likely in Spanish, have convinced Osvaldo to come and give Southampton a try.

It would be a massive U-turn on reports from last week, that Osvaldo was not even considering Southampton as an option - but with his suitors limited, he is now expected to join The Saints for a fee in the region of £17.5 million.

Edited by ART