Daniel Osvaldo - Signs 4 Year Deal

SO16_Saint

The reports about MP getting in contact with Osvaldo 'in the last few hours' appear to come from Alfredo Pedulla's article last night.

Apart from regurgitated versions of the Sun's Spurs story, there doesn't appear to be anything new being reported from Italy.

The reports about MP getting in contact with Osvaldo 'in the last few hours' appear to come from Alfredo Pedulla's article last night.

Apart from regurgitated versions of the Sun's Spurs story, there doesn't appear to be anything new being reported from Italy.

If there is any credibility in the prior reports, then it may imply that a decision has already been made. Until a formal announcement is made we will simply have no idea.

There's one "Falcao leaving Monaco due to taxation" thing on YouTube, but it's just some webcam guy regurgitating rumours and it must be absolute nonsense, the status of Monaco relating the the FFF's rules has been known for getting on for a year (they're trying to get Monaco to be registered in France so they don't get Monaco's tax breaks and artificially benefit compared to all the other French clubs), and those regulations have nothing to do with existing player wage arrangements anyway.

Not sure how credible this guy is - he is the one saying something 'exciting' is happening at St. Mary's - but judging from his twitter feed he seems to have contacts with PA journalists.

Suggests that we are 'currently way ahead' in bidding for Osvaldo, and also that Spurs are readying bids for Lamela and Pjanic.

Meanwhile, Roma will use the Osvaldo money to go for Adrian at Athletico Madrid.

Tom Morris ‏@thomas_j_morris 59m

@GoTalkFootball thanks for the updates, do you know how credible spurs interest in Osvaldo is? Sniffing around or serious interest?

Talk Football ‏@GoTalkFootball 55m

@thomas_j_morris #THFC are at the moment, in talks with another two players from Serie A. #SaintsFC currently way ahead of Spurs.

London really is a bit of a shet hole.

Actually the problem might be the opposite. Prime real estate in London is now so expensive that even the best-paid prem players would get an inferiority complex. Even outside the strictly prime areas, it can be eye-popping. The largest and best terrace houses right by the Putney End at Craven Cottage would set him back around £4m. Nearer the Hurlingham Club, they rise to £6m. (Do top players live in terraced houses any more?)

For that you could pick up a palace outside the not-quite best bits of London.

Perhaps someone should send him a link to rightmove.

Actually the problem might be the opposite. Prime real estate in London is now so expensive that even the best-paid prem players would get an inferiority complex. Even outside the strictly prime areas, it can be eye-popping. The largest and best terrace houses right by the Putney End at Craven Cottage would set him back around £4m. Nearer the Hurlingham Club, they rise to £6m. (Do top players live in terraced houses any more?)

For that you could pick up a palace outside the not-quite best bits of London.

Perhaps someone should send him a link to rightmove.

Its still a **** hole,just a very expensive one.

having lived in london recently for nearly 2 years, and never having lived in southampton, i think i'd rather live in southampton

Were you earning 90k a week, driving round in a Ferrari pulling hot blondes from little Italy or were you taking the tube to work in rush hour?

Edited by Tokyo-Saint

having lived in london recently for nearly 2 years, and never having lived in southampton, i think i'd rather live in southampton

It's moot anyway. As already posted on here pages ago, Basingstoke's the place for him. Best of both worlds.

He's not joining us, he never had any intention of doing so

Stick a fork in this. It's done

It was always going to happen, he never wanted to come here and made that plainly obvious. Perhaps a more realistic target like Sinclair ought to be who we traget

Looks like our offer is just smoking out other clubs and no doubt his agent is peddling him everywhere

I'm fairly sure we can agree terms with Roma but i'll be amazed if he chooses to come here

I wouldn't worry, there's bob hope of him coming here, he wants to play at a higher level/bigger club

He simply does not want to come here as Banega and Damiao didn't, isn't happening

Lets imagine he joins Saints in the next couple of weeks, how would you back out of this?

Please explain Saints continued interest in a player that Pochettino knows well. Do you honestly believe Cortese hasn't been given an indication he has a chance of closing the deal? Yet you've spent 19 posts in this thread saying repeatedly "Saints haven't a chance".

Lets imagine he joins Saints in the next couple of weeks, how would you back out of this?

Please explain Saints continued interest in a player that Pochettino knows well. Do you honestly believe Cortese hasn't been given an indication he has a chance of closing the deal? Yet you've spent 19 posts in this thread saying repeatedly "Saints haven't a chance".

God knows I want to believe MLG... And the 'rumoured leak' that Pochettino has spoken to the player today almost convinced me he was going to come here...

Bloody great that we are in the frame for these players tho.. Lest we forget where we have come from.