Daniel Osvaldo - Signs 4 Year Deal

SO16_Saint

I really can't see him coming to us. It is looking to me like we will be going with the attacking options we already have. We will have to see how well they do for us, then maybe try again in January. As long as we can get another defender in before the window shuts we should be alright.

It could be worse we could be Arsenal fans.

Or maybe listen to the reliable italian journos that "might" have better sources inside an italian club than the Daily Star and what ever other paper says in England...?

Hey now, the Daily Star has all the scoops! Did you know that Gareth Bale has to leave Spurs before the 31st as his tax disc runs out?

Excuse me for being narrow minded, but surely only a tight circle actually know the day to day developments on the possible negotiations. I suggest if you're hearing things you should probably talk to your local GP.

Personably I don't think this transfer will happen, or that he's the right type of player to bring in.

Funny thread. Everybody seems to be jumping the gun one way or another.

Let's deal with the facts...We have almost certainly had a bid accepted, Osvaldo has turned down at least one offer from us.

We are still pursuing the deal, therefore we must be receiving encouragement from Osvaldo's camp.

Mp and NC are not fools and if he had no inclination of joing saints fc this would have been over long ago.

If you want to get a quality player, there will always be compeition for his signature. No one can blame him if he would rather play at Inter or even Spurs. Most would.

IMO this will only be truely over if we sign somebody else or Osvaldo signs for another club. Plenty of twists and turns to come so baton down the hatchet and keep calm gentlemen!

Funny thread. Everybody seems to be jumping the gun one way or another.

Let's deal with the facts...We have almost certainly had a bid accepted, Osvaldo has turned down at least one offer from us.

We are still pursuing the deal, therefore we must be receiving encouragement from Osvaldo's camp.

Mp and NC are not fools and if he had no inclination of joing saints fc this would have been over long ago.

If you want to get a quality player, there will always be compeition for his signature. No one can blame him if he would rather play at Inter or even Spurs. Most would.

IMO this will only be truely over if we sign somebody else or Osvaldo signs for another club. Plenty of twists and turns to come so baton down the hatchet and keep calm gentlemen!

Nailed it all in one post.

Well that list facting went well :mcinnes:

There are no facts. There are only reports which none of us can validate, hence why this thread is 30+ pages as we're all trying to work out what is going on.

To be fair, it's pretty obvious we've had a bid accepted.

Quite a few sources suggesting that we've offered him a lot of money, which is what he was after, and his head may be turning.

I think we may have done the same for young Gaston.

Think?

Young Gaston is on record as saying 'they give me so much money' and it was an offer he couldn't refuse.

Its as they say. FACT.

Why do people come up with suggestions from lower leagues when it comes to strikers they want?

Lets take a look of which players that has been top scorers last few years....

In the championship.

Vaz Te, McCormack, Graham, Holt, Long, Whittingham, Maynard, Hooper, Ebanks-Blake, Scotland...

In League One

Madden, Grigg, Pitman, Rhodes, Evans, Wright-Phillips, Mackail-Smith, Murray, Painter, Beckford, Cox, Fryatt...

Any world beaters??

Do you find anyone of those that has gone on to being a good player in Premier League?

Well, Holt had one good season, but that was mainly because he stayed in the same team.

Shane Long a decent player and does much needed work for his team but let´s say we sign him, would anyone be overthrilled by that??

There´s a reason why these players hasn´t been signed by PL teams, they are not good enough for that level!!

If only we'd signed Craig Mackall Smith. FFS

For anybody interested, Roma play Serie B side Ternana in a friendly tomorrow, kick off 17.30 UK time. Osvaldo has been called up for the game. Will be interesting to see how much of a part Osvaldo plays.

And just as I was about to post....

@tancredipalmeri: Is it happening? Osvaldo is close to accept Southampton's bid according to Sky Italy

Definitely will be very interesting now to see whether Osvaldo is involved with Roma!