Daniel Osvaldo - Signs 4 Year Deal

SO16_Saint

Gianluca Di Marzio: Osvaldo, there's still ok to Southampton: the latest - http://www.gianlucadimarzio.com/calciomercato/osvaldo-non-ce-ancora-lok-al-southampton-le-ultimissime/

TRANSLATION

The offers are not lacking, Pablo Daniel Osvaldo reflects. The Giallorossi striker, convened by Rudi Garcia for the friendly match against Ternana scheduled for tomorrow afternoon, has not yet said yes to the offer of Southampton. The English club is willing to put on the plate about 3 million euro bonus included, but also the Wolfsburg and Tottenham does not give up. But it is possible that, at the end of the market, there arise new solutions such as that of Inter, a hypothesis that would be appreciated. Here, then, why Osvaldo takes time.

Di Marzio is the one to listen to...

He is saying Osvaldo is waiting for more offers to come out but hasn't given us a response yet. Would ideally prefer Inter who are yet to bid.

The slight issue is that Inter have no $$$$$ and Roma do not want to sell to their league. That deal simply won't happen.

The slight issue is that Inter have no $$$$$ and Roma do not want to sell to their league. That deal simply won't happen.

Indeed. But Roma are looking to get rid of Osvaldo more than he is looking to leave. He won't commit to anyone until he knows what choices he has.

If we really set an ultimatum then we should walk away and focus on other targets, but on the other hand if we play the long game we might end up getting him should no more offers come in. Tough decisions to be made.

Indeed. But Roma are looking to get rid of Osvaldo more than he is looking to leave. He won't commit to anyone until he knows what choices he has.

If we really set an ultimatum then we should walk away and focus on other targets, but on the other hand if we play the long game we might end up getting him should no more offers come in. Tough decisions to be made.

This will go like Ramirez. Last day of Window drama.

Like that player osvaldo clearly doesn't want to come here so I would prefer someone that wants to play for us even if they aren't such a big name

As long as when they are here they want to play for us then does it matter? What you mean is players who are grateful to play for us because they won't get a better team. Someone like Lambert when he signed.

Ultimately to improve as a club you need to sign continually better players and the reality is that Wanyama probably wasn't hoping for a move to Saints at the end of last season, but as long as he plays with commitment then we will love him.

These guys are professionals and should give 100% for whoever pays them.

If you are asking me would I rather have Osvaldo who ideally would go to Inter, or a player from a lesser club than Saints who would be grateful for the chance then I would pick Osvaldo because he is a better player and more likely to improve us.

Settling for second best is a dangerous option.

Let's take a trip down memory lane....

peterwhite_1: Bologna trying to secure loan and pay back as Saints pay them. NC not happy and set to give ultimatum, agree now or deal off! #saintsfc

Zoggers87: @peterwhite_1 As in Bologna will take out a loan as they need cash and will pay back based on our installment payments? Gut feel on it all?

peterwhite_1: @Zoggers87 Spot on. Not sure but hope it goes through because very versatile player. But NC doesn't suffer fools. Decision day! #saintsfc

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/foo...mpton-off.html

The deal is off, but might still be on.

By this afternoon the deadline is over, and it may be off again.

but tomorrow morning I will tweet again as it may be on. But by the weekend it will be off again.

but by the end of the transfer window it will be on again.

quote_icon.png Originally Posted by JoeShmoe viewpost-right.png

This is over, lets face it. Its finished

7 days later...

The deal to bring Ramírez to St Mary's was quickly agreed and processed over ten days ago with a work permit appeal being successfully granted last Friday. ​

The deal to bring Ramírez to St Mary's was quickly agreed and processed over ten days ago with a work permit appeal being successfully granted last Friday.

The Don simply doesn't know when to quit - And I love it. If memory serves correctly didn't VW say that he came to Saints because they REALLY wanted and didn't' give up.

Lets not give just yet - until there is an official quote form the player publicly stating that he will not join us I say we are still in race.

I am sure that NC is not the type of Chairman to just have one player to go for. Give him some ****ing credit for FFS.

If he signed for us I as long as he performs he will still get the nod for the national team surely? Gaston and Maya are still internationals and now even Lambert are is getting recognition,would Spurs offer him a starting place every week or would he be second fiddle to Soldado,I will be the first to admit I have never seen him play,can he play on the left or right of a Striker in a winger/advanced fwd player because surely that is where he will play at Spurs

Why do people come up with suggestions from lower leagues when it comes to strikers they want?

Lets take a look of which players that has been top scorers last few years....

In the championship.

Vaz Te, McCormack, Graham, Holt, Long, Whittingham, Maynard, Hooper, Ebanks-Blake, Scotland...

In League One

Madden, Grigg, Pitman, Rhodes, Evans, Wright-Phillips, Mackail-Smith, Murray, Painter, Beckford, Cox, Fryatt...

Any world beaters??

Do you find anyone of those that has gone on to being a good player in Premier League?

Well, Holt had one good season, but that was mainly because he stayed in the same team.

Shane Long a decent player and does much needed work for his team but let´s say we sign him, would anyone be overthrilled by that??

There´s a reason why these players hasn´t been signed by PL teams, they are not good enough for that level!!

Why do people come up with suggestions from lower leagues when it comes to strikers they want?

Lets take a look of which players that has been top scorers last few years....

In the championship.

Vaz Te, McCormack, Graham, Holt, Long, Whittingham, Maynard, Hooper, Ebanks-Blake, Scotland...

In League One

Madden, Grigg, Pitman, Rhodes, Evans, Wright-Phillips, Mackail-Smith, Murray, Painter, Beckford, Cox, Fryatt...

Any world beaters??

Do you find anyone of those that has gone on to being a good player in Premier League?

Well, Holt had one good season, but that was mainly because he stayed in the same team.

Shane Long a decent player and does much needed work for his team but let´s say we sign him, would anyone be overthrilled by that??

There´s a reason why these players hasn´t been signed by PL teams, they are not good enough for that level!!

Lambert's alright ;)

If he signed for us I as long as he performs he will still get the nod for the national team surely? Gaston and Maya are still internationals and now even Lambert are is getting recognition,would Spurs offer him a starting place every week or would he be second fiddle to Soldado,I will be the first to admit I have never seen him play,can he play on the left or right of a Striker in a winger/advanced fwd player because surely that is where he will play at Spurs

He can play on the wing in a 4-3-3 but would never be an option to replace Lennon, Holtby and that kind of use of a winger...

So much for MP's ability to attract 'star' players to the club - even one that he has worked with in the past. VW's transfer was a long draw out affair - he didn't seem too keen either. Would love the club to keep Billy Sharp (keep your abuse to yourself) and prove all these big time Charlies wrong with a top 8 finish. That is all.