Prediction: FIRST PREM MANAGER TO GET THE SACK?

Glasgow_Saint

Di Canio is a good bet , if things don't get off to a good start then October

Hughes - can't stand him but I expect the Stoke board will give him time as he is their recent appointment (perhaps December)

Jol - 3points today will keep Fulham in a half decent position for a few weeks, so he too might be an October bet, although I think the new owner may want a change.

Jol is probably my shout.

I do wonder about Pelligrini at City if it does not fall into place quickly, and if we are slumping end Oct then Pochettino may need to look over his shoulder.

Jol is mine too, new owner will be looking for an excuse to get rid of him.

Jol, Di Canio and Mackay are the ones most at risk in my view as the club owners are not likely to tolerate failure. If any of them start losing more than they win they could be out.

Pardew might might leave "by mutual consent" if tonight's showing is repeated too often.

I'd like to see Saints give Sunderland a tonking just to turn up the heat a little.

Seeing PdC banning more people, I wouldn't be surprised if at some stage the players go to the chairman and give him an ultimatum - them or him.

Wenger - depends on tomorrow. He did well to start off with, but in recent years the gloss has been wearing off, and this year it has completely gone.

Pardew - I feel sorry for him as I am not sure that it is really him. The owner and DoF are seemingly as idiotic as each other.

Jol - I think he'll do OK.

Bruce/Mackay - I think it tough on promoted sides. Bruce certainly doesn't have the financial backing that we did, so not sure what would be gained by sacking him, same with Holloway. Mackay does potentially have some financial clout behind him. He has spent £28m compared to Hull's £13. We all know that money has to be spent, and Hull probably need to spend more to be competitive. At least up to Cardiff's level. So to me, Bruce and Holloway will be safer than Mackay. Palace have "only" spent £8m. Managers of course would be happy spending ten times that much, but have to work within the wishes of the Chairman, so it's a little tough to sack them for poor performances when they haven't been able to strengthen the side. But as we all know from NA's sacking, there's no room for sentiment.

• 1 month later...

Programmed the old computer back 4 weeks ago. Put in all available data including weather forecast, GDP predictions and the state of the astral plane. The answer popped out a few minutes ago: Di Canio. Will stroll down the bookis and bung a fiver on.

Oh

• 1 month later...
I'm torn between Di Canio or Hughes. I think Di Canio was a panic appointment at the end of last season and his inexperience in going out and basically signing a whole new team will see him gone.

So Di Canio does get my vote.

Honorary mention goes to Norwich's Chris Hughton, who's under pressure to deliver results what with the investment they've had in the playing side this summer.

:-)

Lose today and IMO he's a goner. Underachieving. The wife (Norwich fan) agrees.

Read my posts again ;)

What the one about you predicting Pardew as first out? ;-)

Hughton got lucky. Besides Leroy Fer's goal, they still over-rely on set pieces to score their goals. The penalty shouldn't have been given and then there was the free kick which was harsh. (Jussi wasn't great today either - the handling for his penalty was poor and he was too far over for the free kick. I wish he'd played as dodgily against us!)