Victor Moses

S-Clarke

There has been a little talk about this guy in certain quarters at SMS, this is our first ''official'' link to him:

http://www.caughtoffside.com/2013/08/28/southampton-hope-to-compete-with-liverpool-in-pursuit-of-victor-moses-loan-deal/

would be an excellent addition in my opinion. Certainly incredibly possible, as his game time with Chelsea will be non-existent this year.

With ponderous Wanyama pondering around we have a slow ball now and a lot less zip in our game, therefore we need pace as we don't have much. Best solve the new problem we have created.

Ok, we get the picture. You don't like Wanyama. This isn't the thread for that.

Would be a cracking signing, far better than had we gone for Sinclair. For me we were short creatively even before Puncheon left, now we really need at least 1 reinforcement in this area. Moses would be a top signing. Hopefully we can pull this off, or at least try and bring in an AM similar to his quality.

Nathaniel Clyne and Victor Moses will know each other well from time together in Crystal Palace academy and first team.

Could have a decent bearing. At the end of the day, I reckon he'd play most games for us and in a world cup year he's going to be keen to be playing every week. I don't even think he'd get that at L'pool.

Would be a cracking signing, far better than had we gone for Sinclair. For me we were short creatively even before Puncheon left, now we really need at least 1 reinforcement in this area. Moses would be a top signing. Hopefully we can pull this off, or at least try and bring in an AM similar to his quality.

I think he's bang on what we need. He's not your standard ''out and out'' wide man, he's a player who can float all over the front 3 and was very fluid in how he moved around the Wigan attack - that makes him an absolute shoe in for our style. I think we'd be certifiably mental not to at least try...!

Personally I´d rather have Piatti (or if I dream take a punt on a loan of Afellay). I think Moses can be frustrating and not good enough with his feets, so many missed crosses and with our style of play I dont know if he gets the open space he wants to be most effective....

But if no one else comes off I´d welcome him...

Where would he play? Who misses out? Already struggling to fit in JRod, Lallana, Ramirez, Osvaldo and Lambert. Already sacrificed Cork and lost the best partnership in our team.

Going to be very tricky keeping all these people happy.

It is a tricky one indeed, but it's pretty clear - in my opinion anyway - that we're in need for some pace in the final third, someone who can receive the ball in the final third and beat the man. I feel that our play becomes too predicable up and around the final third, and more often than not we resort in going back and heading into the midfield again. A player like moses - who can flat in between the lines and out wide - would offer us an injection of pace to get beyond that last man and create a bit more havoc in the final third.

At this moment In time, although I'm a big fan of Rodrguez - I'd put him in the team in place of Jay. Let's see what happens, we may not sign anyone else....it's still been a good window, but will be left a tiny little bit frustrated that we've lost someone who can beat a player and not replaced them.

Think he'd be a great signing for us. In terms of the squad, swapping him for Punch is a no brainer.

I actually thought there was a fair chance he'd get shipped out on loan anyway - And that was before they signed Willian & were (supposedly) in talks with Atsu.

What surprised me about him at Chelsea is that in the games I've seen him play for them, he's actually looked impressive for them. I didn't think he'd be able to step up.

Wow! Thought you were one of the more sensible / knowledgeable posters.

Your recent "sell cork" + insulting Shaw and now this......... :mcinnes: :facepalm:

You think Moses best qualities are with his feets??....ok...

Never said sell Cork, I opened a discussion that managers deals with all the time, probably to high level for many here yes I´d admit that.

Insulting Shaw when stating a constructive thing he can do better....?

O´boy, I hope no one ever give you some good suggestions what you can do better in life if you take those as insults....

Maybe he has already had his medical? I am not ITK at all but very good contacts at Solent Uni told me a player had a medical there the Thursday before Osvaldo signed and it was very hush hush. I am guessing but perhaps this transfer was potentially set up when Chelsea went for Willan?

Could all be crap but throw in MP's comments that Saints would continue to monitor the market after Osvaldo signed means that perhaps their transfer dealings are not finished.

Maybe he has already had his medical? I am not ITK at all but very good contacts at Solent Uni told me a player had a medical there the Thursday before Osvaldo signed and it was very hush hush. I am guessing but perhaps this transfer was potentially set up when Chelsea went for Willan?

Could all be crap but throw in MP's comments that Saints would continue to monitor the market after Osvaldo signed means that perhaps their transfer dealings are not finished.

cheers for the snippets. I also found MP's comments interesting, ''we need to be ready to quickly act when/if developments occur'' in as many words. Kind of suggested to me that we'll need to act quickly based on another clubs activity...and that was just as Chelsea began to hijack the Willian deal, and with that now concluded I wonder if we'll see movement.

And also, if you remember, MP couldn't attend the Osvaldo press conference due to ''urgent club duties''. Make of that what you will.

Does no one remember when he signed for Chelsea last year and was met with a "Wigan have mugged them" reaction?

He's quick and scores the odd good goal but I don't think he'd be any better than what we currently have or provide a cutting edge. From my stand point he would only be a very over paid super sub...

Does no one remember when he signed for Chelsea last year and was met with a "Wigan have mugged them" reaction?

He's quick and scores the odd good goal but I don't think he'd be any better than what we currently have or provide a cutting edge. From my stand point he would only be a very over paid super sub...

As it turns out Chelsea scouts/manager saw more in a player than the general dumbass fan. It turns out they were right. He had a good season for Chelsea once he got going and didn't look out of place at all. He'd be a good signing.

Would we really undertake a medical on a player two weeks prior to signing him though? I know we announced the Lovren deal several days after completing, but for a player to then go back and return to their parent club before signing would be a little odd, unless he is holding off for another club to come in for him.

Share some of the concerns about there being a lot of competition for AM positions, but he'd definitely add another dimension to our game and would be good to see Clyne-Moses linking up together again on the right side.

Hopefully Poch can lean on his friendship with Mourinho to get the deal done. Same could be said of Rodgers of course, but think he'd probably have more opportunity at Saints.

Would we really undertake a medical on a player two weeks prior to signing him though? I know we announced the Lovren deal several days after completing, but for a player to then go back and return to their parent club before signing would be a little odd, unless he is holding off for another club to come in for him.

Share some of the concerns about there being a lot of competition for AM positions, but he'd definitely add another dimension to our game and would be good to see Clyne-Moses linking up together again on the right side.

Hopefully Poch can lean on his friendship with Mourinho to get the deal done. Same could be said of Rodgers of course, but think he'd probably have more opportunity at Saints.

To be honest, lots of chats and activity happens behind the scenes that we'd never know about. There's every possibility that Chelsea allowed us to formalize this side of it whilst they waited to formalize a couple of their additions. That way it could end up going through on deadline day but without the need for one of those rushed medical jobs and a worry over whether it will be completed on time.

I reckon quite a few clubs work this way if the relationship between them is amicable.

To be honest, lots of chats and activity happens behind the scenes that we'd never know about. There's every possibility that Chelsea allowed us to formalize this side of it whilst they waited to formalize a couple of their additions. That way it could end up going through on deadline day but without the need for one of those rushed medical jobs and a worry over whether it will be completed on time.

I reckon quite a few clubs work this way if the relationship between them is amicable.

Can you give one example where a player had a medical two weeks before signing?

No, according to our OS.

Nothing to suggest medical was completed 10 days before signing.

Medical would be done just before signing, same as always

Bologna would not allow him to have a medical until price ect agreed. If youre talking about signing subject to visa then thats different