Victor Moses

S-Clarke

What about Lambert and Lallana?

Well im putting our current record signing ahead of Lambert for the role of lone striker as I think he will fit our current tactics alot better. I also dont think think Lambert will be that good in the No10 role, he has the vision and touch but is not mobile enough for me there. As for Lallana on another day I would probably put him in the front 4 ahead of Ramirez as i rank him them both very closely , both excellent one game and invisible the next. Both really need to step up this season and I think they will.

With ponderous Wanyama pondering around we have a slow ball now and a lot less zip in our game, therefore we need pace as we don't have much. Best solve the new problem we have created.

I am in Scotland today and was watching the end of the Celtic game. The group of Celtic fans I was speaking with could not believe what we paid for Wanyama, all said it was £10m too much.

I trust our transfer committee know more than a small random example of the fans I met.

I am in Scotland today and was watching the end of the Celtic game. The group of Celtic fans I was speaking with could not believe what we paid for Wanyama, all said it was £10m too much.

I trust our transfer committee know more than a small random example of the fans I met.

Stay positive Pete.... I have to deal with Celtic clowns everyday.

One will says he's worth £25m the next claims he's worth 2.5m think weve seen enough already to suggest he is very decent.

They were lying, clearly trying to be positive following their realisation that we are now a step up for a player.

Victor Moses anyone? Odds have apparently been slashed on us signing him? I know that could simply be down to the fact that more people are betting on it with Punch going out on loan but, young, British, hungry... fits the mould and lets face it, unless a lot of injuries and not including cup games, he wont play this season for them.

My guess is we will see Sinclair or Moses possibly coming in to replace the departed Punch. It's been covered but Punch was one of our best attacking options last season and whilst a few new additions may have put him down the pecking order a little, he could still have done a job for us from the bench this season so IMO we need to replace him. I think we ideally needed another AM before this news of Punch going out. I think it is critical now.

Originally posted 21/08/2013 - 11:30am

Following on from some information I was given by a friend who has known other things long before they happen. He is a good friend of mine and hasn't told me his 'source' but before Adkins was announced as Reading Manager he knew about it, I'm guessing from the same source. Not saying this is nailed on to happen but it ties in nicely with what FF said as he also said it was very hush, hush and the Sinclair story was being used as a cover up. He knew he'd sign for WBA even when odds were slashed on us signing him and there was no talk of the Moses link anywhere. I believe at the time odds on us (which were not even published anywhere) were around 85/1 to sign Moses by calling up Sky Bet. Kinda wish I'd taken a punt on it now! Part of me didn't want to believe him as he can be a bit of a wind up merchant from time to time and I didn't wanna was £20 at his expense but having seen the article and also seen what FF said, wish I'd done it now!

Following on from some information I was given by a friend who has known other things long before they happen. He is a good friend of mine and hasn't told me his 'source' but before Adkins was announced as Reading Manager he knew about it, I'm guessing from the same source. Not saying this is nailed on to happen but it ties in nicely with what FF said as he also said it was very hush, hush and the Sinclair story was being used as a cover up. He knew he'd sign for WBA even when odds were slashed on us signing him and there was no talk of the Moses link anywhere. I believe at the time odds on us (which were not even published anywhere) were around 85/1 to sign Moses by calling up Sky Bet. Kinda wish I'd taken a punt on it now! Part of me didn't want to believe him as he can be a bit of a wind up merchant from time to time and I didn't wanna was £20 at his expense but having seen the article and also seen what FF said, wish I'd done it now!

You can still get 25/1... Still good odds if its as likely as your source suggests...

Would be a cracking signing, far better than had we gone for Sinclair. For me we were short creatively even before Puncheon left, now we really need at least 1 reinforcement in this area. Moses would be a top signing. Hopefully we can pull this off, or at least try and bring in an AM similar to his quality.

Puncheon got one assist in the league last year. I'm not sure his departure will do much to dent our creativity.

Puncheon got one assist in the league last year. I'm not sure his departure will do much to dent our creativity.

He scored his fair share of goals though, with some of the goals proving absolutely vital in our finishing position.

You can still get 25/1... Still good odds if its as likely as your source suggests...

Taken it mate. It may be money down the drain but that is preferable to seeing the smug grin on my mates face with a fist full of cash saying "I did tell you..." like he did when Adkins ended up at Reading. I have offset it (just in case) by putting a tenner on Liverpool so I make £20 if they nab him. Of course if he goes elsewhere or stays put I've lost out but I got a free £10 bet with Sky so only really put £20 of my own funds into it.

Is that the same BS mate who said we would be imminently announcing the joint signings of Damaio and Banega and SSN was about to do an exclusive.

You've definitely got form....

Is that the same BS mate who said we would be imminently announcing the joint signings of Damaio and Banega and SSN was about to do an exclusive.

This golden post.........

My mate has just texted me to say we are announcing signing of Damiao for £25m and Banega for £15m today and it will be on SSN shortly. I called BS on him but he is adamant... anyone able to get to SSN and check this out?

Quote Originally Posted by shurlock View Post

This golden post.........

Quote Originally Posted by Crouchie's Lawyer View Post

My mate has just texted me to say we are announcing signing of Damiao for £25m and Banega for £15m today and it will be on SSN shortly. I called BS on him but he is adamant... anyone able to get to SSN and check this out?

To be fair I remember the posts and didn't he say that he thought his mate might be winding him up, he then said a few posts later that his mate had confirmed it was a wind up.

My mate who was first to break the Paul Sturrock to Swindon story just text to say this isn't happening.

Save your money gents.

I'm just struggling to see how someone who had info about a former manager moving to Swindon after he had left Southampton can be in a position to get the inside info on what is happening at Southampton nearly 10 years later ;)

Edited by beatlesaint

Aren't we bumping up against our financial fair play budget? NC has spent an eye watering amount all ready this year.

I wonder what NC had in his cash flows/budget as presumably agreed with the owners with regard to Sharp,Fox, Hammond, Forte, Guly (?) et al? NC was probably expecting some cash in for transfer fees and a reduction of the monthly outgoings. The problem is these players all presumably had a significant hike in their salary on promotion ( ...more or less a standard clasue) which probably can't be matched by any buying club hence the Mexican stand off.

My guess is that he would need to sell someone worth buying on sensible money having regard to their talent(i.e not one of this group) to help to buy someone like Moses. Any thoughts who he could sell who would raise £4/5 million?

Aren't we bumping up against our financial fair play buSdget? NC has spent an eye watering amount all ready this year.

I wonder what NC had in his cash flows/budget as presumably agreed with the owners with regard to Sharp,Fox, Hammond, Forte, Guly (?) et al? NC was probably expecting some cash in for transfer fees and a reduction of the monthly outgoings. The problem is these players all presumably had a significant hike in their salary on promotion ( ...more or less a standard clasue) which probably can't be matched by any buying club hence the Mexican stand off.

My guess is that he would need to sell someone worth buying on sensible money having regard to their talent(i.e not one of this group) to help to buy someone like Moses. Any thoughts who he could sell who would raise £4/5 million?

Wanyama? Sharp,Fox, Hammond, Forte, Guly (?) et al together wouldn't add up to anywhere near 4m in transfer fees lucky to get near 2.5.

Aren't we bumping up against our financial fair play budget? NC has spent an eye watering amount all ready this year.

Not even worth trying to suggest anyone, you've just made all of that up.

Nathaniel Clyne and Victor Moses will know each other well from the years playing together in the Crystal Palace academy and first team.

Jake and Scott Sinclair know each other quite well, but that didn't help.

(assuming we were interested in Scott)

Wanyama? Sharp,Fox, Hammond, Forte, Guly (?) et al together wouldn't add up to anywhere near 4m in transfer fees lucky to get near 2.5.

…Wanyama never mentioned or are you being mischievous? I am now only allowed to say VW is a very gifted footballer with fast feet and a cunning football brain that suits are free flowing fast passing game and that he is not in the least bit clumsy in the tackle.

Also I said "(i.e. not one of this group)" so someone who is not "Sharp,Fox, Hammond, Forte, Guly" as we cant seem to shift that lot....and for the other poster....clearly I was surmising from a basis of my understanding of how businesses set budget and FFP ( inc Gold’s recent comments on the Saints finances) and also my knowledge of how football contracts tend to work.

I don't jump on bandwagons mate, he's a good proven prem player who can add strength and pace in the final third.

I suppose yeah, he is proven in the prem, adds pace and strength, Ive just never seen much in me that impresses. He is good at driving at defences but his final ball is poor.

…Wanyama never mentioned or are you being mischievous? I am now only allowed to say VW is a very gifted footballer with fast feet and a cunning football brain that suits are free flowing fast passing game and that he is not in the least bit clumsy in the tackle.

Also I said "(i.e. not one of this group)" so someone who is not "Sharp,Fox, Hammond, Forte, Guly" as we cant seem to shift that lot....and for the other poster....clearly I was surmising from a basis of my understanding of how businesses set budget and FFP ( inc Gold’s recent comments on the Saints finances) and also my knowledge of how football contracts tend to work.

The majority ogf our squad were signed in the Championship - how many fringe players will go for any sort of money? To sell we have to have a buyer and when less than 34% of the Premiership are English and foreign imports are available cheatper and less wages where on earth do you expect us to sell them to?

Do you really believe Wanyama slows down our fast passing game? must of missed that second half on Saturday then.

The person that slowed it down was Lallana first half constantly losing it....

With all due respect Bob40 (I hate it when sentences start with all due respect but it seems appropriate here...) you seem to know the square root of jack shet about the FFP, as does Gold.

Anyway, back to Moses - interesting player, would have him on his Wigan form. Not sure he really got a run in the Chelsea side. Would take him on loan if the chance came.

Am I the only one who has never been hugely impressed by him ? He just seems to run around like a headless chicken

I expressed this view on the first page and got called "the general dumbass fan". I don't think he's anything special, put him round a lot of good players he's bound to score the odd goal like pretty much any player...

I expressed this view on the first page and got called "the general dumbass fan". I don't think he's anything special, put him round a lot of good players he's bound to score the odd goal like pretty much any player...

Agree. Can be useful/good in a counterattacking system like he played in when he was with Wigan, but in a high possession team I find him somewhat average....

I just watched the video of this morning's press conference with Pochettino.

When asked if we were interested in signing Abdoulaye Ba he frowned and gave a categoric "No. I'm being honest with you" answer.

When asked the same question about Victor Moses he gave a long-winded Osvaldo-esque "no, not really, but...." never say never kind of answer.

Make of that what you will...

He scored his fair share of goals though, with some of the goals proving absolutely vital in our finishing position.

He scored six in the premier league, one more than Gaston, but goals scored wasn't the subject of the post I responded to. It was the idea of Puncheon being creative.

Fwiw it did take Puncheon 66 shots to score six goals, so he's scoring with less than 10% if his shots. Marksman? Probably not.

Puncheon wasn't that great at all last season. The fact that many of the players didn't do that well in terms of goals or assists, and the fact that he was a total tool and completely useless during his earlier time at the club, all contrive to make people feel he did better than he actually did!

Something is wrong if we can be signing players of Osvaldo, Wayamama and Gaston's quality and then worry about potentially missing Puncheon!

Luckily, the club obviously see it the same way, hence why he has gone.

He scored six in the premier league, one more than Gaston, but goals scored wasn't the subject of the post I responded to. It was the idea of Puncheon being creative.

Fwiw it did take Puncheon 66 shots to score six goals, so he's scoring with less than 10% if his shots. Marksman? Probably not.

Puncheon wasn't that great at all last season. The fact that many of the players didn't do that well in terms of goals or assists, and the fact that he was a total tool and completely useless during his earlier time at the club, all contrive to make people feel he did better than he actually did!

Something is wrong if we can be signing players of Osvaldo, Wayamama and Gaston's quality and then worry about potentially missing Puncheon!

Luckily, the club obviously see it the same way, hence why he has gone.

This really, though Im chuffed for him that he managed to sort himself out and get a move closer to home aswell.

I think its wrong to say he didnt contribute last year, he did, and he did ok when I watched him, though I was under no illusion that he wasnt a player that was going to take us forward.