January 2014 Transfer news & rumours

Glasgow_Saint

nearly all of teams we are now due to play have strengthened. we have not

we shall see how the rest of the season goes

How do you know they've strengthened are you mystic ****ing Meg? Before a balls been kicked you've worked out that every buy in the window strengthens each side. Forget Andy grey coming back, BT should employ you. I bet you were one of the clowns who was wetting their pants when the Delgado video was played, he really strengthened us didn't he?

Well I hope to god Jrod or Lallana don't pick up a serious injury as we desperately need them to stay fit for the rest of the season now with no back up squad depth. We have a great first choice eleven but one of the weakest if not the weakest squads in the whole of the premiership with only quality back up players at right back and midfield. We are weak at goalkeeper, left back, centre backs, wingers, attacking midfield and upfront imo with our back up options at present taking into account our current injuries.

Disappointed with getting rid of the deadwood why we haven't got at least one player in to give everyone a lift. Now suspicious that KL does want to sell the club kept the assets to get a better price but cost cutting elsewhere.

Careful. You're not allowed to say we have a thin squad on here. It means you're not a true fan, or are a drama queen or something

How do you know they've strengthened are you mystic ****ing Meg? Before a balls been kicked you've worked out that every buy in the window strengthens each side. Forget Andy grey coming back, BT should employ you. I bet you were one of the clowns who was wetting their pants when the Delgado video was played, he really strengthened us didn't he?

Remember the same being said about Norwich in the summer and how they've overtaken us with their signings. Remind me....how did that work out?

Not sure why everyone is obsessed with signings. If the equal player is in the academy, then use them. We pay enough into that, so let's make the most of it.

Christ there are some wet fannies on here.

On Tuesday (yes, only last Tuesday) this supposed weakest squad in the PL massively outplayed the team top of the league for long periods without our spine of Lovren, Big Vic and SRL.

Why are we more screwed that say, Everton would be without Lukaku, Barry and Distin? Apply equally to any team.

GET A GRIP!!!

Christ there are some wet fannies on here.

On Tuesday (yes, only last Tuesday) this supposed weakest squad in the PL massively outplayed the team top of the league for long periods without our spine of Lovren, Big Vic and SRL.

Why are we more screwed that say, Everton would be without Lukaku, Barry and Distin? Apply equally to any team.

GET A GRIP!!!

Come on, have some respect for the wet fannies football knowledge. I haven't got a clue if Norwich's 4th choice centre back is better than jos, whether crystal palace's back up left back is any good or who the **** is in hull's squad. The wet fannies obviously know, so hats off to them.

Remember the same being said about Norwich in the summer and how they've overtaken us with their signings. Remind me....how did that work out?

Not sure why everyone is obsessed with signings. If the equal player is in the academy, then use them. We pay enough into that, so let's make the most of it.

The proof will be when we have played 38 games and we have our final league position! We can say we are 9th and we are safe but until we have 40 points i don't buy that..Its injuries to key players that have cost us so far this season and pray that we don't get anymore as we don't have the biggest squad..... if the academy players step up we will be fine if not we will be looking over our shoulders until the end of the season.

So Hughes truly is trying to play top quality football then.

NZonzi, Palicios, Cattermole.

I predict there won't be a Stoke game where one of them doesn't get booked.

Wasn't he employed for a change of style? Stoke seem to be regressing under him. Shame really as he was a great player and had potential in his early days as a manager.seems to be obsessed with midfield hard men and ball winners.

What's happened at Swansea? - Their signings don't really make any sense at all.

Strong belief from most people up there that Laudrup will work the season and then leave. Most seem convinced at this.

Club seems to be planning to head in a different direction.

Let's hope that this doesn't mimic the summer activities of another premiership club...

Wasn't he employed for a change of style? Stoke seem to be regressing under him. Shame really as he was a great player and had potential in his early days as a manager.seems to be obsessed with midfield hard men and ball winners.

Hughes is up there with Allardyce as a old school dinosaur manager who turn teams into physical hoof ball merchants. Hope both get relegated

Strong belief from most people up there that Laudrup will work the season and then leave. Most seem convinced at this.

Club seems to be planning to head in a different direction.

Let's hope that this doesn't mimic the summer activities of another premiership club...

Yeah, it seems that way... Seems to have been friction between Jenkins/Laudrup for a while.

In regards, to us - I think what Poch does in the summer will tell us about our future direction.

they might have done

but as it is, every team bar Saints, Man City and SPurs have bought players in

we have got weaker (as have spurs) at the mo

But as the Forren signing during last January's window proves, bringing players in does not necessarily equate to strengthening.

I just cannot fathom how an Italian international signing for juventus from us and not replacing him. Makes us no weaker as a squad

Because he's not a nice bloke that claps the fans and puts funny picture and messages on twitter. If he did this and ran around a lot he'd be irreplaceable.

You could say that about any player bought

Exactly. So why are you so insistent that because other teams have made signings, they have 'strengthened'? They might all turn out to be duds. Any signing is a gamble really, as has been proved with Osvaldo and, to a lesser degree, Ramirez. Unless you're a CL club that's spending upwards of £30m on a world-class player (and even then it's not guaranteed as Liverpool found out with Torres and Carroll) then you'll never truly know if that signing will integrate and improve your first 11.

OK we haven't made any signings this window but we don't have any unknown entities in our squad either, and the departure of Osvaldo (and the way it has been handled by the club) will undoubtedly boost morale as well. People may well gripe that we have shipped out a striker without replacing him, but he wasn't doing the business anyway so it's not really a net loss is it.

Because he's not a nice bloke that claps the fans and puts funny picture and messages on twitter. If he did this and ran around a lot he'd be irreplaceable.

Ahahahahahahahahaha

but Katharina's nice to them, she writes really nice letters that mean we are now in a better position than we ever were. Why? Because nice letters mean success.

Ahahahahahahahahaha

but Katharina's nice to them, she writes really nice letters that mean we are now in a better position than we ever were. Why? Because nice letters mean success.

I won't believe she's made an impact until we have a fans forum with Perry McMillan and Steve Godwin interviewed in the echo about how she needs to convince them of her long term plans.

Quite. I recall Bazza telling us what a brilliant and ambitious signing for Norwich Wolf's Winky was. He really strengthened their team and set the World alight with his goal-scoring prowess.