January 2014 Transfer news & rumours

Glasgow_Saint

My Boss a QPR supporter says that as a shot stopper Cesar is great, and he can play as a sweeper with dribbling skills better than Boruc up the Ar$e the other week, but when it comes to the bread and butter of goal keeping it's like someone has hammered 12" screws through his boots rooting to the line.

He also said that blending him and Rob Green together would make an exceptional keeper, on Green he said that he is a great keeper but that occasional ricket he drops is so spectacular that everyone gets on his back and weakens him for the next couple of games. Take note Gazza bashers.

Edited by John Boy Saint

forget Julio golddigger cesar....

not what the club wants. would rather we wheeled out dave beasant or paul jones

well not really but there are evidently other alternatives if we're looking for an out and out number 2 keeper. I'm thinking mid table Liga, someone like Roberto from Granada or something like that. Depends on our short to mid term projects for Boruc.

Be surprised if we sign anyone, and don't think it's necessary. Terrible time to buy, not desperately fighting relegation etc and lots of youngsters who need chances. Don't see any harm waiting until summer.

I know some seem to want countless signings every window however much it fails at other clubs…but at least they're not the same people that then moan about the signings not being good enough…right?

It would make sense to, we're only a couple of players short of being able to challenge for top 6. Our first 11 is good enough already, maybe loaning in some experienced players until the end of the season would be a good idea.

It would make sense to, we're only a couple of players short of being able to challenge for top 6. Our first 11 is good enough already, maybe loaning in some experienced players until the end of the season would be a good idea.

I don't see that happening. The current management have steered pretty well clear of loan signings, unless they've been either us shipping a player out on loan, or loaning in a player who's likely to become a permanent signing.

I don't see that happening. The current management have steered pretty well clear of loan signings, unless they've been either us shipping a player out on loan, or loaning in a player who's likely to become a permanent signing.

Boruc was as good as a loan signing, since he was only signed on a six month contract initially. I could see us maybe getting Cesar on loan until the end of the season and signing a CB.

Just spoke with a friend at work who supports Rennes and he said he is a great player.

well he would though wouldn't he, he is rubbish, just utter rubbish. Remember those old Charles Atlas ads, well Pitroipa is the bloke who always gets sand kicked in his face, you only have to blow on him to knock him off the ball. Totally unsuited to PL football.

Jeez and people moan about Gaston, this bloke is a half Gaston.

Edited by Window Cleaner

Surely if our aspirations are eventually top 4 and players have said that's the aim this season we need to strengthen!

"Strengthening" doesn't just mean buying new players though - it could mean giving some promising youngsters game time now to aid their development and mean that we don't need to buy heavily in upcoming windows.

Aside from maybe a back-up keeper, I don't really see a position that we HAVE to buy for in January, and admitting that we want to use the window will lead to all kinds of unsettling press speculation anyway.

We haven't had injuries like we have now.

We are having them now, and have managed draws at home to City and away at Newcastle, which are decent results.

I know fans like signings, and I would like another CB and maybe an attacking option from the bench, but not signing anyone won't make us suddenly drop like a stone.

"Strengthening" doesn't just mean buying new players though - it could mean giving some promising youngsters game time now to aid their development and mean that we don't need to buy heavily in upcoming windows.

Aside from maybe a back-up keeper, I don't really see a position that we HAVE to buy for in January, and admitting that we want to use the window will lead to all kinds of unsettling press speculation anyway.

I don't think Jo's or yoshida are good enough. Cover for left back? And we aren't scoring enough goals so either striker or harder working gaston with pace lol.

Get a couple of loans in and save the money for after the World Cup where we'll find a couple of diamonds in amongst the less fancied teams' date=' Costa Rica will probably have a couple of centre backs no one has heard of that will look incredible against England.[/quote']

Actually get them in before the world cup and save £5m.

'Premier League Minnows...!?' He's at f*cking Rennes! We must be seen as Premier League Chubb, at the very least for the analogy to be correct!...

the French are deluded about the level of their football, they mistakenly think that 14th in Ligue 1 is roughly equivalent to 14th in the PL, it isn't. 14th in the NPC is nearer the mark, Rennes are crap as are most of their players. Bet Montanier regrets chucking in Sociedad to go there.

We are having them now, and have managed draws at home to City and away at Newcastle, which are decent results.

I know fans like signings, and I would like another CB and maybe an attacking option from the bench, but not signing anyone won't make us suddenly drop like a stone.

Except we have been dropping for about the last month. The loss to villa was extremely disheartening.

Except we have been dropping for about the last month. The loss to villa was extremely disheartening.

The loss to Villa was annoying, but we battered them for the whole game. 9 times out of 10 we would have won that game. They happen. Would be more of a concern if Villa had played us off the park, and to be honest this season, only Chelsea 2nd half have really done that to us.

Would hardly say we are in freefall, we had a tough run of games with Arsenal and Chelsea away then lost vs Villa, but havent played badly during the run.

We are 2nd bottom in the form table.....

Your point is? We were top of the form guide not so long ago, didn't see you bringing it up then.

Exactly my point. With a strong first team we are good, without we are not.

We need a few more quality players. Simples

Mopo is being niave and showing his inexperience by relying purely on the youth

Still loads of press reporting Shaw to Chelsea in Jan

And Cole saying he'll decide whether to retire at the end of the season depending how many starts he gets until then. I suppose Azpilicueta is the starter there for the moment, not a bad player, thought he was a RB really though, probably just extremely versatile. Can't see them signing Shaw, Mourinho hasn't much time for young players. Better players available for the short term for 20 million than Shaw though.

And Cole saying he'll decide whether to retire at the end of the season depending how many starts he gets until then. I suppose Azpilicueta is the starter there for the moment, not a bad player, thought he was a RB really though, probably just extremely versatile. Can't see them signing Shaw, Mourinho hasn't much time for young players. Better players available for the short term for 20 million than Shaw though.

I think it's nailed on that they'll go for him.