January 2014 Transfer news & rumours

Glasgow_Saint

Same could be said for Lovren at Lyon.

I quite like Heitinga but at his age doesn't really strike me as the kind of deal we'd do. For right here and now I'd say he's better than Fonte though.

Lovren played at Lyon though, anyway Olympique Lyonnais should never ever be used as a point of reference for anything sane or sensible in football, they'll do anything to make money and that means playing crap from the youth teams over experienced players who cost a lot. They played Umiti last season and believe me he's one of the worst footballers you've ever seen.

He has looked too small and weak in the air every times I have seen him.

He's very lightweight for a CB really, not all that tall for today's standards either, I mean not Chris Perry small but not 6ft4 either.

Makes up for his lack of physique with some awful animal tackles at times.

Our we ignoring that MP supposedly stated that we do not need any players in the January window or was that just b*ll****e

well as we obviously do need players I think we can assume that he was being economic with the truth there.

No-one ever needs any players in January, it's just what's said to try and get good deals on the cheap or good players on loan for 6 months, test and try before you buy. PSG's president said they didn't need any players this morning, probably whilst talking to Newcastle over Cabaye on another line.

Mauricio said in any event he could find what he needs from the academy, which is obviously bollix because only a couple of weeks back he put 2 injured and virtually unplayable CBs on the bench instead of the 2 lads from the U21s. Everything that could be used from the academy for the first team at this time is already being used.

Edited by Window Cleaner

Heitinga is ****e. We won't be signing anyone this window anyway so don't worry about us signing him!

Going to Newcastle now apparently, they've gazumped West Ham. Still if it's a choice between Heitinga and Dummett to replace Coloccini for a few games you can understand it I suppose.

Apparently Palace need to make one of the Jerome or Puncheon deals permanent (or end one of them early) as they can only have a maximum of two Premier League loanees at the club and they want Zaha on loan.

I'm not sure they can convert a season long loan into a permanent move until the loan has expired can they ?

Would love to see us make a cheeky offer for Torres. Thought he was brilliant first half yesterday. Final third has been a less than fulfilling area for us this season and he might be just the man to bring us to life.

We may as well put a cheeky call in for Messi and Rooney at the same time.

Has the window open ? If it has why hasn't there been any soccer transfer activity for any club so far or is it a case of waiting till the middle of the month ? I would have thought there were a few deals going on behind the scenes leading up to the window being opened.

May Glasgow can let me know as he has his ear close to those at the top of the club

If we do sign a player in Jan, would most likely be a GK, IMHO of course.

Can't see it. Boric not far off returning and Davis has looked solid. Gazza and Davis both have another year after this on their contracts. Both will have decent contracts, so will sit tight.

Can't see it. Boric not far off returning and Davis has looked solid. Gazza and Davis both have another year after this on their contracts. Both will have decent contracts, so will sit tight.

Yea you're probably right. No signings at all is the most likely outcome but been more whispers of GK targets over any other.

West Ham to sign Lacina Traore on loan - Isn't he quite highly rated?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2533378/Lacina-Traore-set-join-West-Ham-loan.html

never played anywhere important enough to know that really, don't forget we paid nigh on 4 million for that dumpling Mayuka because he scored a goal in the ANC final or something. Might not even get a work permit, no track record good enough to

support his claim.

The more I think about it the more a loan CB like Lescott would make sense. Ok, itll be costly but for the short term (till end of season) we will have a decent CB available for cover. This allows us to work on potential signings that will probably be easier to finalise at the end of the season.

The more I think about it the more a loan CB like Lescott would make sense. Ok, itll be costly but for the short term (till end of season) we will have a decent CB available for cover. This allows us to work on potential signings that will probably be easier to finalise at the end of the season.

If Lescott wanted to be "cover" he wouldn't be looking for a move from City would he. I suppose we could pair him with Dejan and make Fonte the "cover" though. City are still in 4 competitions so I'd think they'd still need all of their players for a while.

If Lescott wanted to be "cover" he wouldn't be looking for a move from City would he. I suppose we could pair him with Dejan and make Fonte the "cover" though. City are still in 4 competitions so I'd think they'd still need all of their players for a while.

Well, yeah, probably the wrong choice of words but should he become available and being aware of our issues at the back Id be inclined to make an offer.