January 2014 Transfer news & rumours

Glasgow_Saint

oh yes Naismith, when did Fletcher last play for Utd out of interest, Scottish football is dying, Saints have 3 scottish full internationals? I mean there's Fox but he doesn't play and will soon be gone, who are the others, I don't mean snotty nosed kids I mean real full internationals who actually play for Scotland and their clubs.

ah ok full internationals - not many!

Scotland international team is poor and has been for a longtime - England arent much better these days though

Worked well for Chelsea 2nd half against us the old 442.

when you have a bloke like Torres on your team anything is possible. Now if Chelsea were to think of kicking him out on the cheap this January I'd personally be first in the queue if I were a PL recruiter. A real poison for oposition defences. Probably better as striker support now than an out and out front man.

I see yet another thread has been hijacked by Turkish...........

Yes ginge. Me posting about 5 times over the course of a couple of hours on a thread that has gone on for 7 pages and a few weeks is 'another thread hijacked by Turkish'

You utter prat.

Would love to see us make a move for Joe Hart. City are reportedly looking to bring in a top class keeper in January. If they do Joe may find himself 3rd choice, we could offer him first team football in the months leading up to the WC. I'd expect we wouldn't be the only interested party though

Would love to see us make a move for Joe Hart. City are reportedly looking to bring in a top class keeper in January. If they do Joe may find himself 3rd choice, we could offer him first team football in the months leading up to the WC. I'd expect we wouldn't be the only interested party though

Boruc, Casillas and Davis is sufficient IMO, no need to bring in Hart as well.

Simon Peach ‏@SimonPeach

I asked Pochettino about #SaintsFC's reported interest in Diego, Feghouli & Hunt. "None of those players are of interest," was the response.

As I said, agent bollix. Pity it's become part and parcel of football now. I think if you added up the potential cost of all of the players supposed to be moving to some "top team" or other each window the cost would run into billions of £s.

Looking forward to January. Think we could be in big again and see 3 or 4 names coming in.

Sent from my GT-N5110 using Tapatalk

but Mpo says otherwise, were building ourselves up for disappointment if we carry on thinking like that. I can see us signing a No2 keeper and a sort of LB/CB utility player (there I'm thinking Mathieu from Valencia). If Gaston goes we may try to sign a playmaker if Ever Banega is available, other than that nul prosequi.

Edited by Window Cleaner

Simon Peach ‏@SimonPeach

I asked Pochettino about #SaintsFC's reported interest in Diego, Feghouli & Hunt. "None of those players are of interest," was the response.

Which is probably what the club would also say if they WERE looking at one or more of these players...

Which is probably what the club would also say if they WERE looking at one or more of these players...

To be fair, poch has ditched the smoke-and-mirrrors b*****ks that Nige deployed. Was pretty honest during the summer to the point of admitting our interest in Wanyama, Banega etc

To be fair, poch has ditched the smoke-and-mirrrors b*****ks that Nige deployed. Was pretty honest during the summer to the point of admitting our interest in Wanyama, Banega etc

And he did say we would sign no one and promote from the academy in which case this thread is pointless :-)

Judging by his comments today Fraser Forster wants a way out of Celtic, maybe not in January but I'd definitely look at in the summer

Timing of his comments, and expressing a desire to put himself in the shop window for World Cup selection suggests to me he'd be quite keen to move in January.

Anyway, someone has already said we're in for Cassilas. (not that I can see that one happening).

'Smoke and mirrors bo*****s'?

Wasn't this hailed At the time as a fantastic strategy? We don't talk about our injuries as we don't want other clubs to know and be able to prepare for what they think our line up might be. We don't talk about our transfers because we don't want other clubs to know who are after and in what positions. Yes, I'm pretty sure at the time it was widely agreed that this was a brilliant strategy from the new Alex Ferguson to give us an advantage.

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11095/9071175/transfer-news-qpr-goalkeeper-julio-cesar-may-be-on-the-move-in-january

"I would think there is every chance that Julio will go," said Redknapp."He wants to play in the World Cup for Brazil and he needs to be playing.

"He's a fantastic goalkeeper, for me he's a goalkeeper for the top level anywhere in the world. Hopefully, something will come up for him in January.

"We've had a few clubs interested in him, which is not a surprise to me because, if you were at a big club, he'd be right there on your shopping list because he is top class.

"We've had a Premier League club on and also several from abroad, big clubs as well. There will be interest in him for sure."

May be of some interest regarding Jullio.

A third party approached Les Reed originally stating Julio is available.

Not sure if the club responded.

I think this is nearer the truth, in that QPR are 'hawking him around', and probably leaking our interest to speed up the interest elsewhere.

Whether we are actually interested is of course another matter.

For some reason, people bash and question Cortese, but just a quick read of that and also a read of the Hull City stuff, makes you realise that we are one bloody fortunate club.

He could give out a free £10 note to all attending fans at the next home game and someone would come on here grizzling about something.

Its about as irritating as people asking when is Mopo going to start talking English except shock horror, he already does.

He could give out a free £10 note to all attending fans at the next home game and someone would come on here grizzling about something.

Its about as irritating as people asking when is Mopo going to start talking English except shock horror, he already does.

Fat chance of that. I'm still waiting for my pint from Plymouth away.

but Mpo says otherwise, were building ourselves up for disappointment if we carry on thinking like that. I can see us signing a No2 keeper and a sort of LB/CB utility player (there I'm thinking Mathieu from Valencia). If Gaston goes we may try to sign a playmaker if Ever Banega is available, other than that nul prosequi.

Not sure about him, but I'd heard Nil Desperandum may be available at the right price.

oh yes Naismith, when did Fletcher last play for Utd out of interest, Scottish football is dying, Saints have 3 scottish full internationals? I mean there's Fox but he doesn't play and will soon be gone, who are the others, I don't mean snotty nosed kids I mean real full internationals who actually play for Scotland and their clubs.

He played on Saturday after over a year out with ulcerative colitis, you bellend.

http://www1.skysports.com/football/n...ove-in-january

"I would think there is every chance that Julio will go," said Redknapp."He wants to play in the World Cup for Brazil and he needs to be playing.

"He's a fantastic goalkeeper, for me he's a goalkeeper for the top level anywhere in the world. Hopefully, something will come up for him in January.

"We've had a few clubs interested in him, which is not a surprise to me because, if you were at a big club, he'd be right there on your shopping list because he is top class.

"We've had a Premier League club on and also several from abroad, big clubs as well. There will be interest in him for sure."

Redcrap rates him so highly, that he can't even get into 'Arrys Angels at QPR

When Cesar was in QPR's relegation team, he did make some almighty cock ups, plus some good saves.

I don't rate him any better than Boruc, and he wouldn't come as No 2, that's what he is at Loftus Road