January 2014 Transfer news & rumours

Glasgow_Saint

Id have a cheeky punt on Ruddy, not too old and English. Norwich wont want to sell at all but they arent exactly setting the world alight and hopefully perhaps we can convince him the same as we have Lovren etc.

V v long shot I know, but we definately need a keeper and probably another CB IMO

Id have a cheeky punt on Ruddy, not too old and English. Norwich wont want to sell at all but they arent exactly setting the world alight and hopefully perhaps we can convince him the same as we have Lovren etc.

V v long shot I know, but we definately need a keeper and probably another CB IMO

not many first team prem keepers are sold in jan. if ever????

Just cant see us bringing in another 1st choice keeper in jan who is as good, if not better than artur

not many first team prem keepers are sold in jan. if ever????

Just cant see us bringing in another 1st choice keeper in jan who is as good, if not better than artur

Well I suppose Im talking the next big signings whenever they are be it now or in the summer, those two positions for me are vital. Back up to Shaw as always but its just mot going to be that simple.

Biggest priority will be to keep the squad intact

Well I suppose Im talking the next big signings whenever they are be it now or in the summer, those two positions for me are vital. Back up to Shaw as always but its just mot going to be that simple.

Biggest priority will be to keep the squad intact

Begovic would be an awesome signing. Surely he is destined for greater things than Stoke. Would be be a big enough draw?

have no idea on good keepers outside of England.

A N Other top CB to complement Fonte and Lovren is essential. and getting in A N Other top attacking midfielder to replace gaston

@neilcrespin: @BroadcastMoose Hearing from VERY reliable sources in Spain that Southampton reps are in Madrid for talks to sign Casillas in Jan!

Make of that what you will!

Probably complete b0llocks.

Why would he leave Madrid ? Never mind come to us.

He might want to leave because he is the Real Madrid 2nd choice keeper and he wants to be ready for a World Cup next summer. He hasn't played a single La Liga game this season and has been only playing in Champions League games.

Don't even entertain it. Just don't

He might want to leave because he is the Real Madrid 2nd choice keeper and he wants to be ready for a World Cup next summer. He hasn't played a single La Liga game this season and has been only playing in Champions League games.

Oh yes, of course he'd give that up.

Although the World Cup preparation though is a valid point, but still can't see it.

Don't even entertain it. Just don't

All I did is explain why he might want to leave. He is playing second fiddle to Diego Lopez and hasn't played a league game all season. I didn't say if I thought he'd join Saints or not.

I bet if you asked people not so long ago if they thought Saints would sign Roma's main striker who is a current Italian international and was 3rd top scorer in Serie A last season they would have laughed. Is signing the 2nd choice keeper from Real Madrid even if only on loan before the World Cup really such a huge unimaginable jump from that?

Oh yes, of course he'd give that up.

That is all he is getting, Champions League games. Even that might change as Real Madrid progress in the competition and they may use their first choice.

It would be 1st choice in the Premier League for the remainder of the season vs however many games Real Madrid have in the Champions League after Christmas plus sitting on the Real Madrid bench during League game.

Begovic would be an awesome signing. Surely he is destined for greater things than Stoke. Would be be a big enough draw?

have no idea on good keepers outside of England.

A N Other top CB to complement Fonte and Lovren is essential. and getting in A N Other top attacking midfielder to replace gaston

We maybe need a back-up Goalkeeper,but there no-one better than Boruc in terms of controlling the penalty area and is in Schmeichel's class in terms of 1:1s..

Iker Casillas is the Madridista to end them all, I can't imagine him ever wanting to leave them... but I suppose if he's not playing at all then he's kind of had his hand forced

Anyway, it won't be to us! Does that Crespin fella have any previous with transfer rumours?

Edited by DuncanRG

Plus lets not forget he is all about Madrid,he has been there since he was a kid,to even entertain the thought of him leaving them for us is nothing short of delusional.

Pompey have more chance of signing Lallana in January than we do of signing IKer

There was talk of him leaving before the season started - Linked to Arsenal. If he does want out he won't be going to another Champions League club so if he is in doubt of making the World Cup squad he needs a team. I could see him leaving Spain given that he's been at Real for his whole career so we would be a reasonable option for him. Not saying it would happen, but it's not "that" unreasonable. Question is, do we want him? How long is Boruc out for? Can't see us having those two fighting it out for top spot.

But surely by the time we could get Casillas, Boruc should be fit again? It's not as if we could play him now, when we really need him.

Presumably Casillas would only come if he were promised to be first choice keepr, even over a fit Boruc. Result ... ****ed off Boruc, which could lead to trouble come the summer transfer window. .... no more Boruc?

Is he better than Boruc anyway? Genuine question.

Edited by Ken Tone

But surely by the time we could get Casillas, Boruc should be fit again? It's not as if we could play him now, when we really need him.

Presumably Casillas would only come if he were promised to be first choice keepr, even over a fit Boruc. Result ... ****ed off Boruc, which could lead to trouble come the summer transfer window. .... no more Boruc?

Is he better than Boruc anyway? Genuine question.

He most certainly is

We maybe need a back-up Goalkeeper,but there no-one better than Boruc in terms of controlling the penalty area and is in Schmeichel's class in terms of 1:1s..

As demonstrated at The Emirates ?

Perhaps this was the point at which The Don passed Reid a note to find me a keeper...

If we get rid of Gaston in the window I would like us to sign a wide player with pace to burn. Mayuka fits that description but I still have my doubts over him being cut out for this level. Somebody like Lacazette would be perfect I think.

Has Lee been tried lately?

Kevin Nolan is unsettled at West Ham and might fancy a fresh challenge, he's the box to box midfielder we need. A cheeky bid for Cattermole and obviously continue our search for the pacey widemen we are crying out for. We could do worse than get Antonio back, with a bit of coaching he could be world class.

Kevin Nolan is unsettled at West Ham and might fancy a fresh challenge, he's the box to box midfielder we need. A cheeky bid for Cattermole and obviously continue our search for the pacey widemen we are crying out for. We could do worse than get Antonio back, with a bit of coaching he could be world class.

+1

(Nobody +1s anymore, bringing it back)