Frantic scenes in the chapel today

saint lard

Horrible scenes in the chapel as a person has a heart attack and requires resuscitation.

Hats off the stewards,quite a task organising people to be reseated whilst paramedics try to do thief job.

Logistical nightmare.

Many people and kids visibly upset.

I do hope the person in question pulls through.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

56 year old man. Heart stopped. The medics got it beating on its own by the time he reached hospital, which is a good sign. Fingers crossed for him.

Hopefully will pull through and make a full recovery. Must have been horrible for any family or friends present as well.

To the poster who chose to inject a bit of dark humour into the thread (posts deleted), please be more appropriate next time.

amazing how people recover from heart attacks nowdays. We had 3 guys at work last year and they were all fine + back at work, one of them in like a week. Reckon SMS is probably good place to have one, if there is such a thing, what with St. Johns medics on standby.

Thanks St Chalet for some good, well reasoned modding.

My better phrased response, for those able to read beyond emotive words and understand the intent behind the whole posts:-

I have no idea who he is, but If he is a good guy, I wish him all the best, and a fast recovery.

Quick update for all. No details of course but the chap is ok. Big shout out to all at St Marys. Great job.

Here's hoping this ends well then.thanks for the update,my little lad was quite upset and concerned,I tried to make light of it by focusing on the remaining mins of the game,not easy though.

to the stewards,medical staff and the quick actions of fellow supporters,you may just have helped save a life.

Well thank goodness for that. We sit just in front of the disabled section in The Chapel and saw it all unfold in front of us. We couldn't see much as the poor chap was surrounded by stewards and St. John's Ambulance people but it's reassuring to know they were onto it very quickly. Lot's of surrounding people were ushered away to make room for all those who needed to be there.

A really big congratulations and thanks to all those who took part in a life and death situation...ALL SAINTS.:)

Hope he'll back watching the lads soon.

Hope all is well with the Saints fan.

About eight rows in front of me.

Lots of medics and I saw 2 doctors quickly appear, looked very serious for about 15 minutes, cleared a couple of rows of spectators.

The stewards were brilliant. Well done to them.

I really hope the person is ok.

I was watching it all unfold from the family corner. If you're going to suffer a medical emergency, there probably isn't a better place to do it than a modern premiership stadium, with paramedics & an ambulance or two on hand. Well done to the stewards who had to cope with the masses leaving at the same time the medics wanted to leave.

Good luck to the feller, hope he makes a full recovery.

9 years to the day that my old man had a cardiac arrest and was saved by an off duty A&E nurse and SGH paramedics, the heart care in this city is second to none. Hope he makes a full recovery as my Dad did, sounds like a great job by all involved.

I will second that after what has happened to my father recently.