MP press conference @ 3pm live on Sky.

Cestrian Saint

If he wants to go, then so be it. Don't want someone who has lost interest or for that matter is loyal to a man not the club.

I just hope there isn't a kneejerk appointment of someone like Mackay or Clarke. Club would officially be going backwards.

Without money of course we shall be going backwards, investment is what got us to this place where we are now.

It was Cortese's decision to go, he could have stayed, but didn't want the owners looking over his shoulder checking how he spends the club's money.

Why MP would leave under these circumstances is bizarre. Is he saying he'll only work for Cortese? He might wait a long time for his next job. He might end up as a bank clerk in some Swiss bank.

If this situation has been ongoing for 3 months, surely he has spoken to the owners? Unless Cortese has kept this to himself, then what sort of loyalty does that show from him to the manager?

If he stays, it will be a massive positive because he surely wouldn't remain unless KL had totally reassured him re future plans and £££ situation of club....but if that were the case then it's hard to see why Cortese's left. Staying on till the end of season while a replacement is sought is neither fish nor fowl either.

There's a live press conference at 3pm on Sky. A couple of papers are saying that MP will announce his resignation. Guess we'll have to wait & see.

Why would he wait for the press conference to announce his resignation? Surely he'd crack on with his packing to save a day's rent...

If he stays, it will be a massive positive because he surely wouldn't remain unless KL had totally reassured him re future plans and £££ situation of club....but if that were the case then it's hard to see why Cortese's left. Staying on till the end of season while a replacement is sought is neither fish nor fowl either.

One of the broadsheets are saying he didn't want his power at the club diluted. They didn't mention the 'vision'.

Isn't this just the normal pre-match press-conference, which Sky have decided to pickup live due to recent events? (in the hope of more live revelations)

Wouldn't expect to hear a thing apart from what's happening this weekend. Would imagine a great big no comment on anything owner related.

Isn't this just the normal pre-match press-conference, which Sky have decided to pickup live due to recent events? (in the hope of more live revelations)

Wouldn't expect to hear a thing apart from what's happening this weekend. Would imagine a great big no comment on anything owner related.

He'd have to parry constant questions as to

Whether he is staying beyond the weekend or not. No one would be the slightest bit interested in the usual team talk and platitudes

He's not going to use the pre-match press conference to resign and I don't expect him to just walk out he's on a decent salary and enhancing his reputation as a manager. If Cortese is made chairman somewhere else then I'll start getting nervous.

Sky are never normally there. What's changed?

Sky are often there, they just record it and play it out in segments prior to the weekends game. Just as they do with every other club. Taking it live is in the hope something sensational is said, don't be expecting anything though is my view.

Plus Talksport can EFF off, 'club in turmoil....all main players could leave..... total made up ****e, they know nothing! We have lost a chairman, nothing more, nothing less! saying that, listened to paul duffin on there and he actually spoke sense and gave a lucid acccount of what a well structured club we are. he intimated that even if we do sell, KL would make sure she sold to a proper owner who would carry on vision of her father.

I think MP will stay. There isn't another job for him to walk into at the moment and a lot has changed since last summer when he had only been here 5 minutes. Maybe NC's last act was to convince him to stay.

If he were to go though, then I'd at least expect him (and any unsettled players for that matter) to wait until a new CEO is appointed. Who says we can't get someone equally ambitious? Its a real shame NC is gone and much more of a shame that he's gone in a window but he's hardly the only competent CEO out there...

It was Cortese's decision to go, he could have stayed, but didn't want the owners looking over his shoulder checking how he spends the club's money.

Why MP would leave under these circumstances is bizarre. Is he saying he'll only work for Cortese? He might wait a long time for his next job. He might end up as a bank clerk in some Swiss bank.

If this situation has been ongoing for 3 months, surely he has spoken to the owners? Unless Cortese has kept this to himself, then what sort of loyalty does that show from him to the manager?

bold - agree

Why would MP leave ? if he walks out now on a matter of "principle" he does so with his reputation intact, and in truth his stock has probably never been higher.

One of the broadsheets are saying he didn't want his power at the club diluted. They didn't mention the 'vision'.

For "power" see above about someone watching the expenditure, and seeking justifications to any decision.

But is the end of season not referable to another Dodd/Gorman, Gray type of fiasco ?

Ha won't be resigning - certainly not at this juncture. He has loyalties to his own coaching staff for one thing - is he going to drop them in it or worse, put them out of a job? I agree with the posters who think he will deflect any questions about his own future. However, IF he intimates that he has no intention of resigning it may indicate that he knows something about NCs plans that nobody else does. I would like to think he has loyalties to the club and players also, but his comments last time Cortese threatened to quit make me doubt that - the only big negative about his tenure so far.

Sky are never normally there. What's changed?

Sky goto every one of the Saints Premier League pre-match press conferences and their reporter normally starts the questioning and asks most of the questions in any video you'll see of the press conferences. The cameras are then switched off and the written press ask questions.

Is this a standard pre-match press conference or one specifically organised in lieu of the events yesterday??

Its the normal pre-match conference you get before every Saints game in theory, but everyone knows what will dominate it. And its not discussing the merits and pitfalls of Gus Poyet's tactical approach.

Its the normal pre-match conference you get before every Saints game in theory, but everyone knows what will dominate it. And its not discussing the merits and pitfalls of Gus Poyet's tactical approach.

First question, any team news Mauricio?

Dear MP... in case you're still looking for words... try these. (In English!!)

"I have enormous respect for Nicola and am terribly sad to see him leave. But he has encouraged me to continue to the work that I have begun here, and the owners have also given me a significant vote of confidence. Over the past year I have built deep relationships with an incredible group of players. I cannot leave them at this time. My only focus for now and the rest of the season is to see Southampton do as well as possible. I will be fighting hard to win every game and for this group of players to continue to work together as one of the greatest teams in the Premiership. Thank you. No questions. I need to get back to training. We have an important match on Saturday."

Maybe he'll announce a new contract?

This would probably explain why there had been no such discussions in the previous few months!

Mauricio still has a year and a half left on his current contract, why would anyone be in a rush to negociate a new one. If reports are correct and NC actually resigned 3 months ago much is explained.

Mauricio still has a year and a half left on his current contract, why would anyone be in a rush to negociate a new one. If reports are correct and NC actually resigned 3 months ago much is explained.

because it would then suggest nothing has changed and not likely to leave at the end of the season