Osvaldo to Juventus (Confirmed)

Saint Garrett

Osvaldo, What will happen?  

199 members have voted

1. 1. Osvaldo, What will happen?

Unfortunately he would be the only one in the team

No he would be ace captain! We need more fight in the team + if any other players could not keep up i would ship them out.

I would also bring him on tonight last 10 mins just to headbutt Jack Wilshere.

If we sell him for 18million Euro he would have turned out to be a pretty good signing TBF.

Played in excellent results at Anfield and Old Trafford, scored important goals against Palace and City, sold for a profit, contributed to team bonding by giving the players a cause to unite around.

Fair play.

If we sell him for 18million Euro he would have turned out to be a pretty good signing TBF.

Played in excellent results at Anfield and Old Trafford, scored important goals against Palace and City, sold for a profit, contributed to team bonding by giving the players a cause to unite around.

Fair play.

mental that spending 6 months being injured, shit or suspended can actually increase ur value. Makes you think we should have got big money for Barnard.

He begrudgingly joined us in the summer as no other club wanted him. Why after 6 months of nothing + another club fracas would clubs suddenly decide... Yes ok we do want him and you know what, we will pay more for him now than he was avalible for in the summer.

The only way OsWALDO is leaving here this Jan is on loan. No club would take a perm gamble on this looney

He begrudgingly joined us in the summer as no other club wanted him. Why after 6 months of nothing + another club fracas would clubs suddenly decide... Yes ok we do want him and you know what, we will pay more for him now than he was avalible for in the summer.

The only way OsWALDO is leaving here this Jan is on loan. No club would take a perm gamble on this looney

Tend to agree with both your points. It would be good to sell rather than load, otherwise we have the same problem next window. Juve seem to want to swap/loan, Monaco might buy as might Valencia. I guess it comes down to whether we need another striker and whether one is available. To be perfectly honest, we have got to where we are this season with hardly any input from Osvaldo, so I can't see him being missed.

I still enjoyed the goal against Man City and from my seat in the Kingsland, I had a perfect view.

Tend to agree with both your points. It would be good to sell rather than load, otherwise we have the same problem next window. Juve seem to want to swap/loan, Monaco might buy as might Valencia. I guess it comes down to whether we need another striker and whether one is available. To be perfectly honest, we have got to where we are this season with hardly any input from Osvaldo, so I can't see him being missed.

I still enjoyed the goal against Man City and from my seat in the Kingsland, I had a perfect view.

His goal was great, sadly the only decent thing I witnessed from him

Flippin eck, I may as well read it in Italian, as I make no sense of the translation :

Mirko Vucinic is output from Juventus. On the Montenegrin's Inter Milan, but another track has emerged in the last hour. Vucinic is in fact to be recorded on the interest of Southampton. And here is the idea of ​​the last hours: Osvaldo and Vucinic to Juventus in England at the court of Pochettino. A track to be taken into serious consideration that could take hold in the coming hours. An exchange in which the parties are working with the lights off.

I read it as a swap deal .... unless Pochettino really IS leaving to become a high court judge!

Flippin eck, I may as well read it in Italian, as I make no sense of the translation :

Mirko Vucinic is output from Juventus. On the Montenegrin's Inter Milan, but another track has emerged in the last hour. Vucinic is in fact to be recorded on the interest of Southampton. And here is the idea of ​​the last hours: Osvaldo and Vucinic to Juventus in England at the court of Pochettino. A track to be taken into serious consideration that could take hold in the coming hours. An exchange in which the parties are working with the lights off.

I read it as a swap deal .... unless Pochettino really IS leaving to become a high court judge!

Blimey! Switch the lights back on and we still have Osvaldo!! ;)

Heres a different one, though not sure its much better.

Juventus-Southampton, exchange ideas Vucinic-Osvaldo. Mirko Vucinic is outgoing from Juventus. On the Montenegrin there is Inter, but another track has emerged in the last few hours. Vucinic is to register the interest of Southampton. And here is the idea of the last hour: Osvaldo at Juventus and Vucinic in England at the Court of Pochettino. A track should be taken into serious consideration which could take hold in the next few hours. An Exchange in which the parties are working on lighthouses switched off

Edited by buctootim

Heres a different one, though not sure its much better.

EXCLUSIVE TMW - Juventus-Southampton , idea exchange Vucinic-Osvaldo Mirko VUCINIC and output from the Juventus. Montenegrin on there and Inter Milan, but there was another track in the last few hours. On Vucinic in fact and register interest in Southampton. And, behold, the idea of the last few hours: Osvaldo to Juventus and Vucinic in England at the court of Tad. A track to be taken into serious consideration that it could get a foothold in the next few hours. An exchange to which the parties are working with all the lights switched off

Ive read the article in Italian and its pretty much as you can see. A swop loan deal is being suggested.

FWIW and IMO Vucinic is absolutely tailor made for Southampton. An incredible upgrade if true. Was just voted (by the Seria A players) the second best Centre Forward in Seria A for 2013 - behind Balotelli. Only problem is he is 30 years old - but as a brilliant, intelligent and versatile centre forward to compliment our squad until the end of the season - a top class upgrading swop. But i don't see it happening, he will get no guaranteed playing time at sfc.

Edited by Giordano

oh yeah i can't remember what i paid, i was quite flush at the time tho cos i just won league + cortese was v.happy. Thinking bout it i might of shoved Osvaldo off on them in part exchange. He hadn't headbutt anyone or anything (not v.realistic) but the c*nt was doing my head in always moaning on bout his training.

Selling him to Valencia for 15mill?

If they're willing to spend £15m on Osvaldo and we manage to bring in someone as good as Vucinic then happy days....However I think you're living in dreamland if you think anyone is going to pay us £15m for someone we clearly want rid of...most likely scenario is he goes out on loan and we bring someone else in on the cheap to see us through until the end of the season or Gallagher steps up massively.

How is spending £15m on a player who the selling club are desperate to get rid of, and who they only paid £12m for, being "good with money"?

I think his point is that the fact that Valencia are near bankrupt suggest they are unwise with their outlays and as such, might be foolish enough to splash the cash.

And we only paid about £12m for him plus add ons. This kind of thing didn't stop Pompey though.

Its the January inflation factor.

The price of every player, especially strikers, goes up in January. The teams that want to buy one are more desperate for firepower in Jan than at any other time of year. This makes them less likely to want to play games negotiating on the price and indeed means they invariably pay a premium price for that striker. Buying Dani for £12M + add ons in summer - its quite easy he could be £15m + add ons in Jan even with his recent history, indeed it actually advertises his possible availability without Saints having to do much about it to be honest. Im sure we've been contacted by lots of clubs regarding Dani.

On a separate note- fingers crossed Sam G gets a start tonight and scores a hat-trick!

Since he is suspended will he be allowed to go to the game tonight? Stupid question maybe but if he is allowed to go it will be interesting to see if he´s there or not?

So if he's not there is it because he is not allowed to be there or because he chose not to be there? If he is there it could mean that he is allowed to be there or that Saints are holding a pirate fancy dress contest tonight. Will be fascinating. We will learn so much depending on his presence or otherwise. I will try to speak to him if I see him but I'm a bit nervous about getting my nose broken - would he head butt someone wearing glasses? I mean me wearing glasses not him of course. Not sure I can take the risk.

I think his point is that the fact that Valencia are near bankrupt suggest they are unwise with their outlays and as such, might be foolish enough to splash the cash.

The point is they are controlled by their creditors who are owed 345m euros, have been selling players to bring in cash for years and wont be spending £15m