Osvaldo to Juventus (Confirmed)

Saint Garrett

Osvaldo, What will happen?  

199 members have voted

1. 1. Osvaldo, What will happen?

Agree, but we need a replacement before we let him go.

If we get two strikers injured we are in trouble.

We have got Sam Gallagher and Guly Do Prado but yeah, we need someone extra having released two strikers this Jan already and assuming Dani is leaving either permanent or on loan.

Incidentally for Glasgow - Dani has been "rubbish" compared to who? Or was it just a manner of speaking expressing fans current disillusionment at the whole Dani thing having seen him arrive at SMS with fanfare as an Italian international centre-forward that we all had high expectations for but possibly leaving via the back door under a cloud? Fair enough the latter but as a football player he is not rubbish. Teams like Juventus openly desire him. He still gets picked to play for Italy. He is not "rubbish".

We must remember that Jrod + Rickie have both had the benefit of playing at SFC in our unique style for a long while. I think that MOST recognized name strikers would struggle with the way we play to adapt and do better than score 3 in 13. And I have not seen any strikers score a better goal than the one he scored against that sh7te team Man City this season so he has clearly got skill. If he goes so be it, but its a shame cos he has the footballing ( but perhaps not the mental) characteristics to have done well at SMS.

Pablo Daniel Osvaldo : The attacker wants Juve , he asked us to wait for now does not evaluate other offers arrived at Southampton . And Juve could do the task regardless of the situation involving both blocked Quagliarella who Vucinic . Even Count pushing in this direction. In the last minute there was a survey of the ' Inter to understand the situation well. But the will of Osvaldo for now is clear. Despite the Valencia continues to push.

http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/football/25971318

Dani Osvaldo: Juventus in loan talks with Southampton for striker

By Ben Smith BBC Sport

Juventus are in advanced talks with Southampton over a proposed loan move for record signing Dani Osvaldo.

The Italian giants have not yet agreed a move for the 28-year-old striker but are now increasingly confident of a deal with Saints on deadline day.

The loan will give Juventus the option to buy Osvaldo for around £15m in the summer.

The Southampton striker is currently suspended after a training ground fight with his team-mate, Jose Fonte.

Osvaldo, who joined Saints from Roma last summer, is suspended for two weeks.

Earlier this month, he was banned for three games and fined £40,000 by the Football Association for his part in a touchline fracas in December's draw at Newcastle.

The club's £15m record signing may now have played his last game for the Premier League side.

I would say I hope he has a crap patch of form,flop at Juve,get injured and not picked for the World Cup,but you will no doubt end up back here.

So I hope you do well so we sell you for a lot and never have to see your face again

Act a c**t, get what you want. A lesson in there somewhere.

I've said before, most annoying thing about this is he's been rewarded for acting a ***t! Will be interesting to see how he reacts if he doesn't get that much playing time for them, he'll be behind Llorente, Tevez and Vidal won't he?

I've said before, most annoying thing about this is he's been rewarded for acting a ***t! Will be interesting to see how he reacts if he doesn't get that much playing time for them, he'll be behind Llorente, Tevez and Vidal won't he?

And Vucinic...as he seems to be staying now.

I would say I hope he has a crap patch of form,flop at Juve,get injured and not picked for the World Cup,but you will no doubt end up back here.

So I hope you do well so we sell you for a lot and never have to see your face again

Rumour of £400k loan fee and option to buy for £15m

Im hoping he plays well for them and goes....

#flop

Like he gives a f**k - thought he was too good for us and will probably toe the line now he's at a club he believes is worthy of his talents.

Like he gives a f**k - thought he was too good for us and will probably toe the line now that he's at a club he believes is worthy of his talents.
Probably right, though I won't be surprised if he kicks off again. He must be a bit embarrassed moving over here with his Mrs, new country, Premier League and only managing 6 months. Do Juve still need to play away at Roma this season?

Lets not forget here that this is also a big win for the other Saints players. They wanted Osvaldo out, and the Manager / club have agreed to it. We should always be about the team being greater than the sum of its parts, and for that to happen the spirit and atmosphere within the group is very important. It would have been very logical for the club and Manager to stand by the player given his talent level and the investment in him. But that the players wanted him gone has shown than the ethos of what we are is far more important than any single player - and that is a good thing.

In some ways I feel a bit sad. I desperately wanted him to be good but the d!ckhead has let everybody down.

Same here. Thought the Cantona/DiCanio/Ginola effect would rub off on him -that he would come to England, a country that has a habit of turning outsiders into cult heroes and would be thankful to leave behind the politicking and cynicism of the continental game.

At one point, I did think he genuinely wanted to make it here but was undone by his lack of progress and impact. And rather than roll his sleeves up and fight, he decided to run.

I know he acted like a tw*t, but I do feel a bit sorry for Dani. He's not really been able to settle anywhere and that's obviously not going to improve his personal issues.

Hope he does well in Turin. Don't think he'll be happy until he's playing for Boca though..

The reason he's not able to settle anywhere is because he is a twit. He's managed to become hated by fans of his previous clubs as well.