Osvaldo to Juventus (Confirmed)

Saint Garrett

Osvaldo, What will happen?  

199 members have voted

1. 1. Osvaldo, What will happen?

I am a little disappointed he has left but I understand the reasons why . Could this back fire on us if we try to recruit another Italian ? Did he lose his temper because NC resigned

I thought we might have done some sort of swap deal that might have been a bargaining tool but either it failed or was never on the cards . us fans will never know

The good thing is Rickie will now step up to the mark and strut his stuff

The good thing is Rickie will now step up to the mark and strut his stuff

Just a hunch, but I'm guessing it's not a complete coincidence that Rickie's apparent reduction of "joie de vivre" this season coincided with Osvaldo's arrival. Wouldn't surprise me at all if we see a mentally rejuvenated Rickie Lambert the remainder of the season.

Just a hunch, but I'm guessing it's not a complete coincidence that Rickie's apparent reduction of "joie de vivre" this season coincided with Osvaldo's arrival. Wouldn't surprise me at all if we see a mentally rejuvenated Rickie Lambert the remainder of the season.

He sands at almost 6 ft 3" Rickie Rickie,,,,,,,,,,

He's played a blinder. Got a dream move in a World Cup year.

Not bad eh, will no doubt get a league winners medal. Will probably toe the line now he plays for an absolute giant of a club

Probably knew of their interest weeks ago, hence the playing up

Not bad eh, will no doubt get a league winners medal. Will probably toe the line now he plays for an absolute giant of a club

Punch-on got a move and Puncheon got a move

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

He knew of their interest last summer but Roma would never have sold to a rival. A good agent gets him a move away from Italy for 6 months...could have been Fulham, Poch was the decider, he settled for us...then plans his return ticket to Juve in Jan. IMO, of course.

I get the feeling with Osvaldo, that even if he hit the ground running with us and banged in the goals without any incidents, he'd still be looking for a move. Doesn't' strike me as a player who will stick with any club for any reasonable amount of time.

So on the one hand we have a guy who stepped down a league to sign for us, who has been nothing but class and professional since signing, who has been with us all the way on our remarkable journey, who let a previous manager screw his wife (joke), who has never acted too big for his boots, or given anyone any reason to think he's a billy big bollards.

And on the other hand we have a bloke who has punched team mates at least twice, who just got himself suspended for getting involved when he had nothing to do with it, who has been pulled away from confrontations a couple of times this season, who runs off when we lose with no acknowledgement of the fans, who was hated by the fans of his last club and who plays like he's doing us a favour.

I know who I think is to blame.

I hope the whole of SMS give it one big "Jose Fonte Baby" if he plays tomorrow, cause he's one of us. That Carlos Kick-a-ball aint.End of

*Post written after a few Tanglefoots.

Brilliant. More tanglefoots mate, well deserved!

I get the feeling with Osvaldo, that even if he hit the ground running with us and banged in the goals without any incidents, he'd still be looking for a move. Doesn't' strike me as a player who will stick with any club for any reasonable amount of time.

A bit like Berbatov, just a guy who doesn't get on in a team environment

It's probably the best negotiation that could happen in the time available. But I still doubt we'll get our money back unless he has a glorious season. I would guess there will be a big game of chicken in the summer.

Juventus: He's been OK for us, but not great. We can't pay 15m of your pounds for him.

Saints: But that's what you agreed.

Juventus: As an option. We can't exercise that option. Too expensive.

Saints: Great. We'll have him back then.

Juventus: Of course, at half the price we might be interested.

Saints players: Do it! Do it! We beg you!

Saints: How about £14m?

Juventus: Ne! £8m maximo.

etc

It's probably the best negotiation that could happen in the time available. But I still doubt we'll get our money back unless he has a glorious season. I would guess there will be a big game of chicken in the summer.

Juventus: He's been OK for us, but not great. We can't pay 15m of your pounds for him.

etc

Sad but true. The deal was dressed up as good one for us but in reality all we appear to be getting is him out of the building and his wages paid for a few months. Thats not a criticism of the club because there were few options open to us.

Juventus hold all the cards. If he is brilliant for them and has a stonking world cup they get a £30m player for £15m. If hes crap, they walk away having paid nothing.

etc

that does seem a very likely scenario unfortunately

Sad but true. The deal was dressed up as good one for us but in reality all we appear to be getting is him out of the building and his wages paid for a few months. Thats not a criticism of the club because there were few options open to us.

Juventus hold all the cards. If he is brilliant for them and has a stonking world cup they get a £30m player for £15m. If hes crap, they walk away having paid nothing.

They have to pay up before the World Cup

etc

It is a possibility but I think he'll work his wotsnames off to make sure he makes it to Rio. So if all goes well and Juve start playing hardball on paying up in May, SFC could call their bluff and his value could go up with a good world Cup. Bit of cat and mouse but hopefully we'll at least get a chunk back.

Strange signing which looked good on paper but seems like it was a folie de grandeur more than anything.

I still cant get my head around this one. Pochettino knew his background better than anyone here, why did it go so wrong so quickly? He must have been involved in signing him, Osvaldo was the first big-money signing under MP, it cant have just been the transfer commitee.

We don't need people like that in Southampton, being a player does not absolve him from nasty behaviour. I like to think that Saints are still a family club and will not tolerate having someone like that in our midst potentially destroying the harmony in the club and giving a bad example to young fans, perhaps to emulate.

Surely an option to buy for juve is a good thing for them rather than us. If he dies really well and is worth more than £15m they'll buy him for less than the market price. If he doesn't do too well and isn't worth that, they won't pay that.

If he dies lets hope he does it after Juventus have paid

Well, what the fuc was that all about then? Sign a nutter, he behaves like a nutter, and then get rid of him a few weeks later. Probably best not to bother in the first place. What was the point? Strangest signing since that moldy freak we got before the before the chelsea game last years. What's he doing now anyway? Washing the players cars for a quid no doubt. Fuc this noise, off to bed.

I still cant get my head around this one. Pochettino knew his background better than anyone here, why did it go so wrong so quickly? He must have been involved in signing him, Osvaldo was the first big-money signing under MP, it cant have just been the transfer commitee.

Same as always: Pochettino identifies areas for improvement, the scouts go out and find players, the transfer committee do the deal and Pochettino does the final sign-off. This has been confirmed in an interview, though I must say I can't remember exactly when.

Pochettino believed that he could keep Osvaldo under control, and that there'd be no reason for any tension in our rather friendly squad. Or if he wasn't sure that he could, he at least accepted the challenge. We as a club got it wrong.

Edited by DuncanRG