Osvaldo to Juventus (Confirmed)

Saint Garrett

Osvaldo, What will happen?  

199 members have voted

1. 1. Osvaldo, What will happen?

Looking back at this sorry business the lesson I take from it is that if it takes months of painstaking negotiations to get a player to sign for you then the truth is he probably doesn't really want to come here anyway. Never mind their reputation, never mind the price tag, if they don't truly want to be here then (more often than not) you're better off without them.

So farewell than Danni Osveldo, St Marys will remember that one sublime moment against Man City. I dare say we'll also remember the despicable way you choose to engineer this move ...

http://www.juventus.com/juve/en/news/osvaldo_joins_juventus

http://www.juventus.com/juve/en/news/osvaldo_profile

Juventus Football Club can today confirm that terms have been agreed with Southampton Football Club on a free loan deal for Pablo Daniel Osvaldo.

The agreement also includes the option, to be exercised before 31 May 2014, for the purchase of the player’s full registration rights at price of €19 million, to be paid over the course of three years.

We paid €15.1 million, so hopefully some profit from all this

http://www.juventus.com/juve/en/news/osvaldo_joins_juventus

http://www.juventus.com/juve/en/news/osvaldo_profile

Juventus Football Club can today confirm that terms have been agreed with Southampton Football Club on a free loan deal for Pablo Daniel Osvaldo.

The agreement also includes the option, to be exercised before 31 May 2014, for the purchase of the player’s full registration rights at price of €19 million, to be paid over the course of three years.

We paid €15.1 million, so hopefully some profit from all this

It's not set in stone though, he'd need to stay pretty trouble free for them to want him, which going by recent times is near on impossible.

http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/football/25971318

Feeling elated it's finally completed and he's gone. I'm sure the players tomorrow will celebrate in style to show what his parting means to them and the team spirit.

Club must be pleased and praised for the speedy resolution.

Some rumours that deal was already on before Fonte assult but who cares. Hes gone, he was the flop I predicted.

If we get the reported fee in the summer then great news.

Have a feeling that Osvaldo will **** it up though and well be stuck with him again in May

Juventus confirm possible future fee is €19m which is more than we paid for him as Saints won't now pay the full £18m to Roma as he won't play anymore games for us, plus...

Simon Peach ‏@SimonPeach 4m

I am told Juventus will pay 100% of his wages &, while there is no loan fee, the possibility of selling for £15.6m is quite something.

At least we've made the best out of a bad situation.

I'm disappointed that our gamble on him didn't work out, but if we can come out this with no financial loss it was worth the try.......And maybe Saints handling of this situation will even solidify an already excellent team spirit?

We might have lost 5 mil, but it has given an opportunity for big Sam to show us what he is capable of. I'd say that is a plus.

Taken from the BBC

"Southampton's purchase of Dani Osvaldo hasn't exactly gone to plan, but at least they are not losing money on the volatile Italian.

Juventus have confirmed that the loan deal "also includes the option, to be exercised before 13 May, for the purchase of the player's full registration rights at a price of 19 million euros, to be paid over the course of three years".

That deal would be worth £15.6m to Southampton and the reigning Serie A champions will pay his wages in full during the loan.

That is good business, you have to say..."

Sad his move to us didn't work out. Record signing, Italy no.9 - playing for Saints; I was so excited when he signed.

He SHOULD have become the blue ribbon signing that provided leadership and class to help the club and the academy graduates push on to the next level. Should've, would've, could've....

Instead he turned out to be a cock. I do remember the pics on here of him in his Y-fronts, with people stating they wouldn't want him anywhere near our great club.

Drain the pint glass and move on......

Taken from the BBC

"Southampton's purchase of Dani Osvaldo hasn't exactly gone to plan, but at least they are not losing money on the volatile Italian.

Juventus have confirmed that the loan deal "also includes the option, to be exercised before 13 May, for the purchase of the player's full registration rights at a price of 19 million euros, to be paid over the course of three years".

That deal would be worth £15.6m to Southampton and the reigning Serie A champions will pay his wages in full during the loan.

That is good business, you have to say..."

I read this (along those lines anyway), and I also heard we will receive 330,000 pounds now (a loan fee I presume)...

Great to know we've practically made our money back :)

His head wasn't in it, and we've let him go. This deal is best for both parties in my opinion.

You mean you will be disappointed if we don` lose out as you will have to find something else

for your anti saints negative drivel

This...can't the Mods do something about a non-Saints supporter coming out with this iterative nonsense.. perhaps better off supporting Spurs then there are about 8 signings he can be critical of.

My question is who really pushed for signing Osvaldo was it MP or was it Cortese? Its a disaster really now we don't have a replacement and we don't get any money till end of the season! At least he's gone I guess and can't disrupt the team anymore

My question is who really pushed for signing Osvaldo was it MP or was it Cortese? Its a disaster really now we don't have a replacement and we don't get any money till end of the season! At least he's gone I guess and can't disrupt the team anymore

That depends on whether we paid the full amount up front.

“I’m very happy,” Osvaldo told a Juventus interviewer.

“It’s all been a bit of a whirlwind and I still can’t quite believe it but I’m happy.

“It was pleasing when I first heard of Juventus’ interest in me.

“When everything was completed last night I sat down and I couldn’t believe it.

“As I said before, it’s been a pretty hectic three or four days but I’m happy.”

Osvaldo, who joined Saints from Roma, was asked whether he had missed Italian football.

“I can honestly say I have, yes,” he replied.

“When I initially left I was happy to embark on a new and exciting experience in England.

“But in the end it became something I missed.”

Osvaldo really needs to perform in the next few months to help Juve in their quest to win the Serie A title and to ensure a spot in Italy’s World Cup side.

“I want to enjoy it,” he smiled.

“In the year of the World Cup, I’m joining the greatest club in Italy and one of the finest in Europe.

“I don’t think such things happen often in life.

“I want to enjoy this experience, do my best to be involved in the World Cup and, God willing, stay here for many years.”

“I’m very happy,” Osvaldo told a Juventus interviewer.

“It’s all been a bit of a whirlwind and I still can’t quite believe it but I’m happy.

“It was pleasing when I first heard of Juventus’ interest in me.

“When everything was completed last night I sat down and I couldn’t believe it.

“As I said before, it’s been a pretty hectic three or four days but I’m happy.”

Osvaldo, who joined Saints from Roma, was asked whether he had missed Italian football.

“I can honestly say I have, yes,” he replied.

“When I initially left I was happy to embark on a new and exciting experience in England.

“But in the end it became something I missed.”

Osvaldo really needs to perform in the next few months to help Juve in their quest to win the Serie A title and to ensure a spot in Italy’s World Cup side.

“I want to enjoy it,” he smiled.

“In the year of the World Cup, I’m joining the greatest club in Italy and one of the finest in Europe.

“I don’t think such things happen often in life.

“I want to enjoy this experience, do my best to be involved in the World Cup and, God willing, stay here for many years.”

Now. That's funny!!!!!!!

Would have been better for us if they had bought him now instead of taking him on loan first.

He'll probably punch one of his Juve team mates in the face before the season is out, and they will then not take the option of buying him.